Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I missed watching BSG The Plan.

I dont think I missed much..

Looks like Caprica will have to pick up some speed startin The previewes that I saw last year included a young Cmd. Obama fighting Raiders in space. That means that they will have to jump some 10 years into the future.

No wonder the human race gets wiped out.

Its what happens when your watching Fox news and all they talk about is the "O" while your typing .

Right now I am watching Enterprise..

Watching Topol(Jollene Blallock )wearing a very tight uniform..

I WANT!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Frakkin awesome, I love BSG!

ETA: Zoe Graystone needs it in her butt.... 16 is legal in my state

She's 21

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Torresani

Zoe is the character, she's 16.

Alessandra Torresani (born Alessandra Olivia Toreson;[1] May 29, 1987

She's 21.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's 21

She's 21.

22, almost 23
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did anyone catch the music that Doc Graystone was playing on the piano in his lab????    

Click To View Spoiler

Didnt catch that. Supprised they didnt have him playing the beginning to Watchtower

had to go back and listen but that's it
the Colonial National Anthem from nBSG also has a lot of the original theme song in it
Link Posted: 2/5/2010 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Caprica has got teh ghey.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2010 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I noticed that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 4:06:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Why can't they stop adding in the ghey agenda on these shows.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
that police recording was super shitty quality considering the rest of their tech level
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]
wow. Bill Adama grows up to be fairly well adjusted considering his dad and uncle are shitbag criminals
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#10]
This show is an abortion.  Someone wake me when there is a space battle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2010 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed that.

Time for a new program to watch
There is no need for it,

They lost me as a viewer.

Syfi is becoming the queer channel

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I also got annoyed with the last season or two of BSG. Seemed like everyone was a frickin' Cylon, and the last episode was just plain dumb.

I liked the pilot of Caprica, just saw the second episode and it was OK, but I was distracted so didn't pay too much attention. The main chicky snack is nice eye candy––-I like the Google image pic of her in the baby doll dress. Nice gams.

I thought for sure they'd make the priestess school master lady a lesbo; I guess multiple marriage is better than that . But I can live without all that identity politics bullshit. If Caprica has too much of this kind of crap I won't be watching it.

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Adama's uncle Agayma??

What The Frack??

Zoey is going to be pissed when Agayma goes after her mother.. I dont think that she is going to be biting off fingers on this one..

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Did anybody else notice the shadows on the ground of Vipers flying overhead?

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed that.

There is no need for it,

I dont like where your going with this..

You mean that those aren't giant snake movies?

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed that.

There is no need for it,

Almost all the networks have gone queer lately.

Link Posted: 2/6/2010 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have no problem with them spending a little time on plot and character development, as long as they don't spend two seasons doing it.

It's not coming.

Caprica differs significantly from its parent series, due to creative and commercial demands.[5] Ronald D. Moore had strong feelings on the matter, explaining his starting point was "you don't try to repeat the formula" and going on to say "everything about Caprica was designed specifically to not repeat what we had done in Galactica."[6] Although a critical success, Galactica had a predominantly male audience, and both Moore and the network felt the "war in space" backdrop was a major deterrent to female viewers.[7] With these considerations and Caprica's storyline already focused on events taking place before the two Cylon Wars, the series has a different identity, with its own tone, content, and style. While Caprica contains some Easter eggs for Battlestar fans, the series is intended to be accessible to new fans, and, as such, no prior knowledge is required.
[edit] Outline

Same shit happened with SGU i think. Syfy channel is beyond dead. It caught the gay too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no problem with them spending a little time on plot and character development, as long as they don't spend two seasons doing it.

It's not coming.

Caprica differs significantly from its parent series, due to creative and commercial demands.[5] Ronald D. Moore had strong feelings on the matter, explaining his starting point was "you don't try to repeat the formula" and going on to say "everything about Caprica was designed specifically to not repeat what we had done in Galactica."[6] Although a critical success, Galactica had a predominantly male audience, and both Moore and the network felt the "war in space" backdrop was a major deterrent to female viewers.[7] With these considerations and Caprica's storyline already focused on events taking place before the two Cylon Wars, the series has a different identity, with its own tone, content, and style. While Caprica contains some Easter eggs for Battlestar fans, the series is intended to be accessible to new fans, and, as such, no prior knowledge is required.

[edit] Outline

Same shit happened with SGU i think. Syfy channel is beyond dead. It caught the gay too.

trying to cater to woman viewers...

you'd think that somewhere along the line someone would remind these idiots that for the most part women dont watch science fiction.

regardless of how gay they make every character, on friday nights women everywhere will be watching that show about the midget family on TLC, not robot girl and mexicn gangsters in space on syfy

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Caprica was originally not related to BSG at all.  SyFy and Ronald "Dumbass" Moore changed it around to cash in on the popularity of BSG.

Seriously? A series set mainly on {and named for} one of the Twelve Colonies was not planned to be BSG related?!?!?
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Missed Galactica...sometime I will watch that whole series from the beginning.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like the part when the Asshole Technician lost his finger to the Zoey 2.0 Cylon..

That will show him not to be so stupid when playing bondage with a robot..

Did I get that right? The School teacher has seven wives and six husbands, nevermind countless kids and some on the way.. Loos also that she is starting her own reglious whack out group of followers. She is also into serious drugs..

I can't decide is she is looking at Lacy or whatever for a new "wife", since Zoe is dead {and it felt like she was recruiting her from some of the innuendo} or if she just needs her for her "religion"
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I like the part when the Asshole Technician lost his finger to the Zoey 2.0 Cylon..

Did I get that right? The School teacher has seven wives and six husbands, nevermind countless kids and some on the way.. Loos also that she is starting her own reglious whack out group of followers. She is also into serious drugs..

yeah if the italian space mafia wasnt bad enough, now we have wacky space mormons.   what mildly offensive stereotype will be coming up next?

I think you better start reading some Heinlein....

Friday
Time Enough for Love
The Number of the Beast
The Cat Who Walks Through Walls
To Sail Beyond the Sunset

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's 21

So, call her "Zoe" while you are throwing her a rod.

Shit ain't rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not coming.

[edit] Outline

you'd think that somewhere along the line someone would remind these idiots that for the most part women dont watch science fiction.

regardless of how gay they make every character, on friday nights women everywhere will be watching that show about the midget family on TLC, not robot girl and mexicn gangsters in space on syfy

Uh, Syfy is NOT about Science Fiction.

It's about rubber monsters, wraslin' and ghost of the week.

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's 21

She's 21.

22?

2009 - 1987  = 22
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
that police recording was super shitty quality considering the rest of their tech level

I know. They're building sentient warbots, and they TAPE interviews on VHS
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed that.

There is no need for it,

Or maybe showing that the society is made up of ALL the demographics that make up modern man?!?!?

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

argggggg. After what Ron Moore did with the last two seasons

of BSG.

I missed everything after the PEGASUS rammed the base stars.

Did I miss anything?

I never really got over that Episode. Destroying the Most Advanced Battlestar left in existence to save the hulk that was Galactica, that little stunt never made sense and rubbed me raw. Until they fucked with the series some more with the final 5.

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
of BSG.

Did I miss anything?

I never really got over that Episode. Destroying the Most Advanced Battlestar left in existence to save the hulk that was Galactica, that little stunt never made sense and rubbed me raw. Until they fucked with the series some more with the final 5.

Continuity with TOS. The original Pegasus did the same. Last seen fighting a last ditch battle with TWO Basestars, so the remnants of humanity could escape.

Part One:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12168/battlestar-galactica-classic-the-living-legend-part-1#x-0,vepisode,1,0

Part Two:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/13343/battlestar-galactica-classic-the-living-legend-part-2#x-0,vepisode,1,0

In TOS, the Pegasus was a different class of Battlestar. More of a combat oriented ship than the Galactica.

They were called "Warstars" or something, at least in fan fiction.

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#30]
yeah yeah..  Ive read some heinlein.  your point?  he wasnt the first or only scifi writer to mention space mormons

I wasnt saying wacky space mormons was a new idea, i was speaking in context of the show- saying crazy religous polygamists was the newest stereotype indtrduced in the show and wondering what the next mildly offensive stereotype would be produced-  whats next- greedy space jews?   lazy space negroes?  thieving space gypsies?  

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

of BSG.

Did I miss anything?

Continuity with TOS. The original Pegasus did the same. Last seen fighting a last ditch battle with FIVE Basestars, so the remnants of humanity could escape.

Part One:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/12168/battlestar-galactica-classic-the-living-legend-part-1#x-0,vepisode,1,0

Part Two:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/13343/battlestar-galactica-classic-the-living-legend-part-2#x-0,vepisode,1,0

I am old enough to remember the TOS and that excuse is crap. They flushed a great deal of the rest of TOS premises down the shitter, so why slow down and maintain this one.

Seriously, after the whole New Caprica incident Adama and his Mentally Deficient Son should have been on trial with Baltar.

Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Galactica was good sci fi.  Caprica is not.  In my opinion, the best sci fi usually involves classic themes, but uses the fantastical elements of futuristic technology to be able to tell the story in a modern and compelling way.  Galactica's theme was a group of heroes who survive the destruction of a great civilization, and after many trials and tribulations found our own civilization.  It is the classic tale of the heroic ancestor - basically the Aeneid in space.  Like the Aeneid, the tale begins with a tragic fall of a great civilization, Troy on the one hand, and the 12 Colonies on the other.  Like the Aeneid, the heroes in Galactic must brave traveling into the unknown wilderness and must fight to survive.  And like the Aeneid, the heroes prevail to found a great new civilization, Rome in the case of Aeneas, and Earth in the case of Galactica.  Now the reason this makes such good sci fi is that this is a tale you really can't tell anymore.  Earth no longer has unexplored frontiers, and so unless you want to tell a history you need a different forum than Earth.  Using a sci fi setting allows you to tell this story again in an original way.  The first two seasons were the truest to this theme, and accordingly were the best.  When Galactica drifted into Baltar's trial, everyone's a Cylon, and weird religious crap, the show was lessened because this was all a distraction from the central Aeneid-like theme.  

Caprica, on the other hand, is classic bad sci fi.  While there is potentially an interesting story under all that about what it means to be a human (i.e., is the Cylon with the AI really sentient like a human), it gets buried under weird crap.  To begin with, there really isn't any need given our current strides in AI to even place this story in space.  Unlike Galactica, where being located in space made the central theme possible, the sci fi elements in Caprica detract from the story with their weirdness.  Weird pseudo polyamorous cults that bear vague resemblance to earth religions and that horrid mix of Italian/Mexican space mafia.  Quite frankly, a real Italian mobster from Sicily and a Mormon splinter group like Warren Jeff's cult would have worked better.  Added to this mess is the fact that the tie-in with Galactica limits the ability to tell the story.  If you wanted to make this a successful "is the AI human" story the first thing you want is a protagonist that invokes sympathy.  Something that looks human, expresses the full range of human emotion, but yet is treated horribly because no on thinks she is human.  Ideally the "machine" would look like an innocent young girl - this is the one thing that Dollhouse show got right.  But because they've tied themselves into the Galactica timeline we get the robot warrior instead.  This is a horrible choice because (a) it looks like an inhuman toaster; and (b) we all know it grows up to be the antagonist for our heroes from Galactica.  Thus, they've managed to kill any real chance of the audience sympathizing with the AI, which kills the whole "is the AI a soul like us" theme.  In the end, Caprica ends up being a bad hodge podge of strange characters with no real interesting story to draw the audience in.  I predict failure in no short order once the Galactica fan base realizes what it is and gives up on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
of BSG.

Did I miss anything?

Continuity with TOS. The original Pegasus did the same. Last seen fighting a last ditch battle with FIVE Basestars, so the remnants of humanity could escape.

Part One:

Part Two:

I am old enough to remember the TOS and that excuse is crap. They flushed a great deal of the rest of TOS premises down the shitter, so why slow down and maintain this one.

Seriously, after the whole New Caprica incident Adama and his Mentally Deficient Son should have been on trial with Baltar.

I have no inside knowledge, but Moore was probably going for an homage to the original series with the appearance of the Pegasus. Thus, a similar fate as the one in the original BSG.

Also, edited my post about the appearance of the Pegasus in TOS. I thought that it fought off the first pair of Basestars, then went after Baltar's triad of Basestars.

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I would have loved to see at least some of these designs in the new BSG. They are fan designs done by the same guy, but they follow the design and visuals of the new Galactica pretty good:

I really like this design, with the single Viper bay, and a structure on the other side, to balance it:

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't decide is she is looking at Lacy or whatever for a new "wife", since Zoe is dead {and it felt like she was recruiting her from some of the innuendo} or if she just needs her for her "religion"

I actually believe after seeing the teacher's avatar in the confession booth is this.

The school teacher found out about Zoey 2.0 from the dead boy friend of Zoey who she seduced and con into the suicide on the train.

She is out to get controll of Zoey 2.0 (Zoey Avatar)and control her for a larger plan. She maybe involved with prophecies believes..

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would have loved to see at least some of these designs in the new BSG. They are fan designs done by the same guy, but they follow the design and visuals of the new Galactica pretty good:

Looks like a Star Wars Blockade Runner.
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not coming.

[edit] Outline

Actually My wife was turned off to the Ghey as well

so the ladies don't want that crap either
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe I'll have to try again, I think I fell asleep about half way through the first Craprica episode, er, I mean Caprica episode...

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/images/colonial/support_searcher.jpg

Looks like a Star Wars Blockade Runner.

That's what the nose made me think of. I guess it and the one next to it are some kind of "scoutships", with extra sensors, al a the Scouts in Star Trek.

EDIT TO ADD: Those "wings" on the Guardian are probably weapons emplacements, on looking again.

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually believe after seeing the teacher's avatar in the confession booth is this.

The school teacher found out about Zoey 2.0 from the dead boy friend of Zoey who she seduced and con into the suicide on the train.

She is out to get controll of Zoey 2.0 (Zoey Avatar)and control her for a larger plan. She maybe involved with prophecies believes..

Yeah. I think it mostly for the access to Zoe 2.0. But, I kinda got a "You're making me wet" vibe a few times during the interactions. And her family seems to think she is shopping for the next spouse, by their reactions.

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could handle them still using vhs, but I'd expect better quality vhs
I got better quality than that when I used to reuse the same 6hr tape over and over again to tape tv shows for later viewing
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got better quality than that when I used to reuse the same 6hr tape over and over again to tape tv shows for later viewing

Considering that we CANNOT:

Travel freely between the planets of our Solar System
Build SENTIENT warbots
Create Virtual Reality worlds that are 100% realistic-looking
Send text messages and hyperlinks ON A PIECE OF PAPER

For some examples, but our video record/playback technology is generations past VHS, I would expect their video record/playback capabilities to be at least better than Blu-Ray

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/images/colonial/support_defender.jpg

Looks like the Defender, or at least something pretty close, made it in...

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Wedge-shaped_vessel

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/images/colonial/support_defender.jpg

Looks like the Defender, or at least something pretty close, made it in...

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Wedge-shaped_vessel

The Defender is listed as being "canon" in the Starship Schematics Database:

http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/bsg_data.php?filter=ColCap

Although the one in the show seems to be lacking the underslung Viper bay, and is listed as "Civilian" in the Wiki.

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like the new Pegasus is a different model of Battlestar than the Galactica:

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Mercury_class_battlestar

I found a copy of the Galactic Engineer's Concordance with an article about the Battlestars from the original series. The Pegasus was a "LRD" or "Long-Range/Duration" Battlestar designed for extended operations away from the core of the Twelve Colonies. It had a larger reserve of raw materials in its supply stores to build replacement shuttles and Vipers. {All battlestars had the capacity to replace lost Vipers and Shuttles with onboard factories. I do not know if this capability is canon or fan based.} Basically, they could operate as long as they had replacement pilots, and either the stores on hand or access to supplies to raid/scavenge/procure.

I'll scan the article at some point. I gotta get the books out of storage again to do it.

Link Posted: 2/12/2010 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#46]
huh..  just realized- no craprica tonight?

4 episodes in and already taking a break?
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
huh..  just realized- no craprica tonight?

4 episodes in and already taking a break?

SyFy is doing one of their movie marathons. Probably for Adolf Lincoln Day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2010 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not, but Mrs. FishKepr is really into this show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
i like how they created the AI of the centurions, its makes sense to me at least

Considering they said in the previous series that the Cylons were created by a reptilian race, it was very odd and very poor continuity.  Is anyone old enough to have watched the show proofreading for these kids that are so-called writers?z
Link Posted: 2/13/2010 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering that we CANNOT:

Travel freely between the planets of our Solar System

Build SENTIENT warbots

Create Virtual Reality worlds that are 100% realistic-looking

Send text messages and hyperlinks ON A PIECE OF PAPER

For some examples, but our video record/playback technology is generations past VHS, I would expect their video record/playback capabilities to be at least better than Blu-Ray

I would have expected them to be generations past firearms too...

But they weren't....

P.S. NOT watching Caprica... Do not have interest in 'soap in space'...

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top