Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#1]
GWACS Update: Court Slashes The Lawsuit, Dismisses Most Claims -- A Lawyer Explains

Runkle going into the recent orders, presumably.

ETA:  This is almost 2 hours long of lawyer speak, I'm not watching.

I received this link from Russell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-trial conference complete, no resolution, trial scheduled for May:

GWACS vs KE Arms Update: Approaching Endgame
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
GWACS (Anti-Gun Gun Company) Update: Trying The Same Dumb Arguments, Expecting Different Results
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
GWACS Loses In Court, Gets Judicial Snark -- A Lawyer Explains
GWACS Loses In Court, Gets Judicial Snark -- A Lawyer Explains
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Everrest:  GWACS Loses In Court, Gets Judicial Snark -- A Lawyer Explains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj0dm4Aixc
View Quote

Thanks for posting, that didn't show up in my feed.  Heard KE Arms was selling some of their prototypes to raise funds for trial.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have heard from a friend that GWACS lost the case, but is appealing to a higher court.  I've not been able to find any documentation to confirm that, and it's possible he's confused.

I did find this, which appears to be the document that Runkle of the Bailey recently opined on:

https://casetext.com/case/gwacs-armory-llc-v-ke-arms-llc-7?q=GWACS%20Armory,%20LLC%20v.%20KE%20Arms,%20LLC&sort=relevance&p=1&type=case
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
I have heard from a friend that GWACS lost the case, but is appealing to a higher court.  I've not been able to find any documentation to confirm that, and it's possible he's confused.

I did find this, which appears to be the document that Runkle of the Bailey recently opined on:

https://casetext.com/case/gwacs-armory-llc-v-ke-arms-llc-7?q=GWACS%20Armory,%20LLC%20v.%20KE%20Arms,%20LLC&sort=relevance&p=1&type=case
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

This is a week old post from Russell.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By floridacop:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/ir307_png-3031598.JPG

This is a week old post from Russell.
View Quote

Cheers.  My friend is quite elderly, so not surprised.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#9]
Full docket text for document 225 (4/24/2024):
MINUTE ORDER by Judge John D Russell : upon reassignment and review of this matter, this case is set for jury trial on October 15, 2024 at 9:00 a.m. The parties are ordered to participate in a settlement conference through the OKND Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) program no later than August 1, 2024, setting/resetting deadline(s)/hearing(s): ( Jury Trial set for 10/15/2024 at 09:00 AM before Judge John D Russell) (This entry is the Official Order of the Court. No document is attached.) (clb, Dpty Clk)
View Quote

Recap: Settlement Conference, Document 227 04/25/24

SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE ORDER
The parties are ordered to participate in a Settlement Conference before Magistrate Judge
Christine D. Little on July 9, 2024, at 9:30 a.m.
at the U.S. District Court, 333 W. 4th Street,
3rd Floor, Tulsa, OK 74103. The parties shall report to Courtroom #2, 3rd floor. Any party
who wishes to have the conference by video or telephonic means shall notify the Settlement Judge
and opposing counsel no later than 30 days before the conference and shall identify the reason for
the request.
The conference is governed by the following directives. This case has been assigned for a
Settlement Conference through the Court-sponsored Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
program. Specific requirements imposed by this Court are set forth in its Local Rules. See
LCvR16-2. Counsel must familiarize themselves with the Local Rule and this Settlement
Conference Order. More information on the Court’s ADR program is contained on the Court’s
web site: http://www.oknd.uscourts.gov under “Alternative Dispute Resolution.”
All parties and lead counsel are ordered to participate in a Settlement Conference, on the
date and time set forth above. This order describes the obligations of the parties and counsel and
the Court’s expectations with regard to the conference. These obligations are mandatory.
All civil cases set on a trial docket in this District are scheduled for Settlement Conference.
The vast majority of civil cases settle before trial. Therefore, parties and counsel need to prepare
for Settlement Conference as seriously as they prepare for trial. Parties are required to advise the
Court should the case settle or is otherwise disposed of before the scheduled Settlement
Conference.
View Quote

ETA: Court listener link
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top