Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:59:09 PM EDT
Was wondering the color on the m9 bayonet  I see black OD and tan which one is used mosted by our military.
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The one I received was black hilt and black sheath.  Look at the new M7s.  I like it better, lighter, smaller.  

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=ON6277
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about colors being issued, but I'd imagine foliage green.

I bought one from Envision on base a few months ago and didn't specify a color. It ended up being foliage green and for the price of $56 it could've been pink for all I care
Link Posted: 12/3/2009 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Dug it out for a pic:

Link Posted: 12/5/2009 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure about colors being issued, but I'd imagine foliage green.

I bought one from Envision on base a few months ago and didn't specify a color. It ended up being foliage green and for the price of $56 it could've been pink for all I care

that's a bargain
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Black, green and tan are all issues in one form or another. Numbers wise bulk of orders so far have been black.
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt marked Solingen M7 is what I have but if I were after another it would be this OKC3S one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]
All I have seen are OD Green.  Most have black blades but some of ours have dull SS blades.
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I still have my original buck phrobis M9.
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#9]
OD Green

Link Posted: 12/5/2009 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I got out in 04 but from 96-04 I only saw naked steel blades and green scabbards & handles.
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I gather, every M9 from Phrobis to Buck to Lan-cay to Ontario that was produced and sold to .mil had the O.D. Green hilts and scabbards. Any M9 with other colors were produced for commercial sale only. Blade specs (material, dimensions and finish) definitely changed throughout the contract years.

I've heard the ARMY is currently looking to replace the M9 with something new. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Link Posted: 12/5/2009 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
From what I gather, every M9 from Phrobis to Buck to Lan-cay to Ontario that was produced and sold to .mil had the O.D. Green hilts and scabbards. Any M9 with other colors were produced for commercial sale only. Blade specs (material, dimensions and finish) definitely changed throughout the contract years.

I've heard the ARMY is currently looking to replace the M9 with something new. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Check out the OKC 1ft one of the test beds submitted for the new contract.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#13]
All of the M9 Bayonets my Unit has have Black blades handles and scabbards. The USMC however uses a different bayonet the USMC uses the OKC3S It has a coyote brown Handle and scabbard. I have seen some of the older guys in my unit carry the older M7 Bayonet though. As far as that goes most of the guys I have talked to are telling me is that most units to include mine don't issue out bayonets, as it is seen by most to be just another piece of gear a soldier  has to keep track of.  Hope this helps.  Scouts out.

SPC
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top