Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2011 6:31:41 AM EDT
I think we need this thread.....there was a few pics floating around, and of course we have the great thread of Mk 12 rifles. But let's not forget what the Army and Marine designated marksmen are using. How about posting actual or clone/ tribute builds and showing them off. Put parts lists in also........

Only things I had to change was the flashider ( I'm in NY and we can't have one so I put on a Battlecomp ) and I went with a SPR grip and Magpul trigger guard and BCM gunfighter CH. It's the correct WOA barrel, DD 12" M4 rail,FSB gas block,Matech rear buis,A2 stock,ACOG ( not the exact spec model), Harris bipod with ARMS mount.Shoots damn sweet....
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think there was already a pic thread for these. I may be mistaken though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought so too....but cannot find it.Maybe if there is/ was someone could make this a "sticky" ? MODS ????
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]
There has been various threads floating around, but they always seem to disappear for a while.

Anyway, my army sdm rifle:

Now it wears a leupold 3.5-10x optic:

A couple of five round 100yd groups. I know everyone loves 10 round groups, but I do better shooting multiple 5 rounders.

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice build and nice shooting.......M1a just curious have you chrono'd that load ? Wondering what you are getting for velocity out of that load....thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice build and nice shooting.......M1a just curious have you chrono'd that load ? Wondering what you are getting for velocity out of that load....thanks.

Thats running 2680fps. That is an average of multiple 10 round strings over 2-3 months of shooting. The longest range I have available is 700yds and so far that load is performing well the whole way.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
VERY nice samr Duffy, too bad it's changed roles. Why the rebuild?
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Something to be said about a nice ol' A2 stock. Enough room to store your lunch in, no ribs,sharp edges or triangle thingies to get hooked on. Nice cheek weld.
Looks good. My next build may have to have one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/SAM-Rclone.jpg

It's been changed over to an SPR Mod1 since, now I have a KAC FSB/folding BUIS sitting in the parts bin

That is sexy as hell. Just so you know, when I posed pics of my KAC FSB, people IMed me offering very decent money for it.

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Come on guys let's keep this alive.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Those are some sweet looking rifles! Bet they shoot....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top