Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2012 5:29:33 PM EDT
So...I have a Stag Model 1. I recently cracked the upper reciever (lesson learned) trying to take the barrel nut off. So I ordered a new Stag stripped upper and I ordered one with M4 feed ramps, thinking my gun is an M4 so it made sense. I wasnt home to look at my old one when I placed the order and I know now my old one did not have feed ramps. Did I order the wrong the one?
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If your barrel does not have M4 feed ramps and your upper does, that's a problem. I thought that the Stag had M4 feed ramps though, so you may want to mock it up and see if it looks right. Pictures always help.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, pics added

Sorry they are crappy iphone pics, looks like it lines up ok but there is a little lip there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You can hit that lip with a dremel easily. That's actually the way ADCO does it, so even if it sounds a little...improvised...it'll work fine as long as you don't go overboard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Your barrel has rifle ramps and receiver has M4 cuts.
Do the Dremel deed with the barrel off the receiver....no need to muck up the receiver with the Dremel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your barrel has rifle ramps and receiver has M4 cuts.
Do the Dremel deed with the barrel off the receiver....no need to muck up the receiver with the Dremel.

^^^ this.

as is, your ramp combo is NOT a recommended configuration and lacking modification you may encounter a lot of feeding issues.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, how can you tell if you have m4 or rifle ramps? I guess I figured it out the hard way. Im giving it to someone who has the proper tools to reassemble it for me. He should know how to make it work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok, how can you tell if you have m4 or rifle ramps?

ar-jedi
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top