PSA Stripped Lower
CMMG LPK
Geissele SSA
Mil Spec Buffer Assembly
LMT H Buffer
Magpul CTR w/Extended Buttpad
BCM Mod 0 Pistol Grip

Upper:
Aero Precision Upper (Machined for Anti Rotation by ADCO)
Daniel Defense 14.5" LW Carbine Barrel
Noveske NSR 13.5
BCM Comp Mod 1 (Pinned by ADCO)
Denny's Super Duty BCG
Rainier Arms Raptor CH

Accessories:
Eotech EXPS3-0
KAC Taupe Front BUIS
MaTech Rear BUIS
TangoDown Stubby VFG
Surefire M600C on Larue Offset Mount
Tactical Link BAD

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean when you say "machined for anti rotation by ADCO" about your upper receiver? Are you referring to QD slots on the rail?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What do you mean when you say "machined for anti rotation by ADCO" about your upper receiver? Are you referring to QD slots on the rail?

No, the NSR's Anti Rotation feature consists of a tiny pin that fits in a hole just above the gas tube on the rail.  ADCO now offers a service where they machine a tiny hole above the gas tube hole on the upper so you can utilize the anti rotation of the NSR.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
fucking sexy..........so let me ask, how does the NSR attach?  does it utilize the standard barrel nut?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
fucking sexy..........so let me ask, how does the NSR attach?  does it utilize the standard barrel nut?

Nope, it has a proprietary barrel nut that is pretty stout, damn thing is probably almost 3 inches long.  Still, even with the barrel nut, the rail only weighs 11 oz.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
how thin is that rail??  I run C4s now but love the way that looks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a fine build right there!

Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the NSR's Anti Rotation feature consists of a tiny pin that fits in a hole just above the gas tube on the rail.  ADCO now offers a service where they machine a tiny hole above the gas tube hole on the upper so you can utilize the anti rotation of the NSR.

So, does the NSR normally rotate? Why the specific modification to the upper? I guess I'm asking if the ADCO job is required for the full benefits that the rail provides.

Also, did you have any problems with the CMMG LPK? Any of the roll pins oversized or other issues? Just curious because I have a kit waiting on a build. Thanks for the sweet pics!
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not exactly sure of the exact dimensions, but it's the slimmest FF handugard I've ever handled.  Even with the polymer panels it's still slim as hell.  For reference, the inside of the rail barely fits a Low Pro Gas block.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's a fine build right there!

Quoted:
Quoted:

So, does the NSR normally rotate? Why the specific modification to the upper? I guess I'm asking if the ADCO job is required for the full benefits that the rail provides.

Also, did you have any problems with the CMMG LPK? Any of the roll pins oversized or other issues? Just curious because I have a kit waiting on a build. Thanks for the sweet pics!

The specs for the NSR barrel nut call for it to be torqued to somewhere around 80 Ft. Lbs., and there are plenty of guys out there running the NSR without the anti-rotation pin that aren't having issues so I doubt it is a huge problem.  I just felt I should get it done because this is a gun I plan to beat on and wanted the extra security.

As for the CMMG LPK's I used two of them to build up two PSA lowers I had and neither of them had any issues with out of spec parts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice looking stick.  Only thing I would say that looks out of place is the Matech.  That rifle begs for a KAC micro.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice.
I'm putting together a NSR build myself.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that allowed to have a KAC front Taupe sight on a non sopmod build?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that allowed to have a KAC front Taupe sight on a non sopmod build?

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice Build!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Approximately 1.5" wide (OD) and 2" tall.

Nice rifle OP.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Them NSR's are really starting to grow on me.  Might be time to start thinking about a new upper.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've got a similar build, but went with the Noveske NSR Scout mount, it is a lot more low profile (and lighter).  Just something to think about if you end up swapping out mounts down the road.

Yeah, eventually I'm gonna move over to a M300 Surefire and one of the NSR Scout Mounts whenever I can actually find one in stock.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Pretty sure I want to put an NSR on my 11.5''.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top