Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2013 3:10:33 PM EDT
How do the Pri mk12 uppers compare to other mk12 uppers. I am looking at buying one next week just want to make sure that they are GTG. Thanks guys for the help.

</a>" />
</a>" />
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They are GTG but I think They are more expensive than a High Caliber Sales upper.
The HCS would be the one I would buy.

Edit: Looks like it is cheaper but the HCS comes with the bipod.
Both look to use a Douglas barrel which is good and what the orig MK12 was built with.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I just found the price on HCS it was $2265 but that was with the bipod and sling mount. Pri is $1500 and $40 for the upper to be ceracoted. HCS does make some dam nice uppers.

Edit: sorry did not read the edit. I just cant seem to find many reviews for the Pri
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
PM sent
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Any body else have any reviews on the Pri mk12 mod 0
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any body else have any reviews on the Pri mk12 mod 0
View Quote

They build my MK12 Mod H upper and I feel like it was a fair price, fast turnaround and it shoots great!  Would recommend them anytime!
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Remember, PRi is one of the original players in the MK12 game.  You will not be disappointed in their uppers.  They are also great to deal with.  Before making your decision, call Kevin at HCS.  Tell him Mike the cop from Boone County sent you to him.  He is an absolute pleasure to deal with and just a regular guy who loves guns. He is local to me and invited me into his house to finger his guns when I stopped by to pick up some BH MK262 from him.  He also has some awesome hookups in the industry.  PRi or HCS.   You wont go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Mike I just sent Kevin a email to see what he would do on the Mk12 Mod 0 with out all the extras.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
PRI makes a solid upper and the price is very fair. Here's mine.  I have yet to shoot it as I'm saving for a scope. I did sell the buis that came with it and put a arms 40l in its place

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered the Pri mk12 Mod 0 yesterday along with a knights 2 stage match trigger and a A2 stock. Its going on a seekins sp3 lower with a Leupold 3.5x10x40 M3
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ordered the Pri mk12 Mod 0 yesterday along with a knights 2 stage match trigger and a A2 stock. Its going on a seekins sp3 lower with a Leupold 3.5x10x40 M3
View Quote

This was sounding so good and then that just ruined it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]
The seekins is just till I can afford a correct lower, is Colt the only one that people feel is correct I was thinking a  nodak spud lower. Colts are hard to come buy unless I want to buy the whole rifle then sell the upper keep the lower.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The seekins is just till I can afford a correct lower, is Colt the only one that people feel is correct I was thinking a  nodak spud lower. Colts are hard to come buy unless I want to buy the whole rifle then sell the upper keep the lower.
View Quote

An A1 Colt or an A1 Nodak is fine, or some of the other A1 preban lowers too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Billet? MK12 and billet? Have you lost your fucking mind!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I figured that was the response I would get, I think I will just use my bushmaster lower until I can get a Nodak.
I really thought you all would like the billet idea.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I figured that was the response I would get, I think I will just use my bushmaster lower until I can get a Nodak.

I really thought you all would like the billet idea.
View Quote
I don't really care if it's colt, nodak, bush, noveske, etc. as long it's a mil-spec, forged lower. Billet and mk12 don't jive.

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I have a bushmaster Pre Remington I plan to put my KAC 2 stage match trigger in and the a2 stock the more I looked at the Seekins on the Mk 12 the more I did dot like it. Pri says wait 5 to 10 days for shipment I hope it ships soon. Will post pictures once it arrives
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Can anyone confirm for sure that PRI uses the Douglas barrel?  The specs just say stainless steel barrel.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I spoke to them and they stated to me that they do use Douglas barrels.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I spoke to them and they stated to me that they do use Douglas barrels.
View Quote

Good deal.  I ordered a Mod 0 upper one day before you did and I could have swore I saw Douglas barrel on the specs but re-looked today and it said stainless steel.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Got shipping info today should be here early next week will post pics when I get it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got shipping info today should be here early next week will post pics when I get it.
View Quote

I got my shipping notice today too.  Mine will be here Tuesday.  Now if Specialized Armament will hurry and ship my buttstock I ordered 10 days ago!
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I did sell the buis that came with it and put a arms 40l in its place
View Quote

Can anyone tell me exactly what BUIS this PRI MK12 upper comes with?  I have the ARMS 22 medium rings and I'm worried about the height of the rear BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Can anyone tell me exactly what BUIS this PRI MK12 upper comes with?  I have the ARMS 22 medium rings and I'm worried about the height of the rear BUIS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did sell the buis that came with it and put a arms 40l in its place

PRi's own sight. http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186691&CAT=4292
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Few pictures in OP
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Very nice rifle.  Have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Very nice!!! Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Will do I just got it an hour ago I don't think my rings are going to work I can barely slide a piece of paper through the front of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats on the purchase..The Mk12 Mod 0 was the very first clone rifle I ever fell in love with. Had all intentions to build one but, ended up getting a Noveske SPR that shoots lights out and didn't see a need to have another SPR in the collection. I still have intentions to build one someday but, needed to take a break from buying rifles and concentrate on paying my debt down in order to buy a bigger house. After that, its on!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Sell you NF rings and buy some higher ones. Your NF rings will go quick on Snipers Hide.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah I will need them to put back on my M1a since I stole the scope of one gun for another what height ring should I get?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah I will need them to put back on my M1a since I stole the scope of one gun for another what height ring should I get?
View Quote

I'd say about an .125" higher then you have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are some pre ban lowers in the EE right now. A pwa would look good on it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are still looking to stick with the "Mk 12" look, the real Mod 0's used ARMS Medium rings. I'm sure you already have, but read thru the Mk 12 Clone thread especially the first post in regards to the scopes and rings used. If you used rings that were higher than the ARMS Medium ones, based on mine I think you'd risk having the scope too high for an effective cheek weld. Because you have the ARMS/PRI style sleeve, you will naturally need to use lower rings than a standard flat top. The Mod 1's used the ARMS High rings since they don't use the sleeve.

ARMS Medium rings are 1.15", High rings are 1.45. You'll obviously have to consider whether the ARMS Medium rings would give you enough clearance between the scope and rail, but that depends on what scope you use. The real Mod 0's had Leupold 3-9 X 36 objective, and I am using a Bushnell Elite 3-12 with a 44mm objective and have no clearance issues up front. In the back you should be fine if you keep the PRI supplied irons. If you switch to the "spec" ARMS #40, you won't be able to mount the scope as far back thanks to the eyepiece interfering with the rear sight. Here are some pics of mine so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about:

This is ARMS 38 Sleeve, ARMS Medium rings, Bushnell 3-12 x 44 scope, and ARMS rear sight:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3727/9557442957_09b7b45ff9_b.jpg

Here's a side profile:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3667/9560232432_b4371dfc09_b.jpg

And just to tell you, you need to paint yours!
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5534/9584901871_fcec0e885b_b.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If you are still looking to stick with the "Mk 12" look, the real Mod 0's used ARMS Medium rings. I'm sure you already have, but read thru the Mk 12 Clone thread especially the first post in regards to the scopes and rings used. If you used rings that were higher than the ARMS Medium ones, based on mine I think you'd risk having the scope too high for an effective cheek weld. Because you have the ARMS/PRI style sleeve, you will naturally need to use lower rings than a standard flat top. The Mod 1's used the ARMS High rings since they don't use the sleeve.

ARMS Medium rings are 1.15", High rings are 1.45. You'll obviously have to consider whether the ARMS Medium rings would give you enough clearance between the scope and rail, but that depends on what scope you use. The real Mod 0's had Leupold 3-9 X 36 objective, and I am using a Bushnell Elite 3-12 with a 44mm objective and have no clearance issues up front. In the back you should be fine if you keep the PRI supplied irons. If you switch to the "spec" ARMS #40, you won't be able to mount the scope as far back thanks to the eyepiece interfering with the rear sight. Here are some pics of mine so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about:

This is ARMS 38 Sleeve, ARMS Medium rings, Bushnell 3-12 x 44 scope, and ARMS rear sight:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on Lance, you know that you gotta have butler creeks to be spec...  

However Nic, if you don't want to go for spec, Larue LT-123's work really well on a swan sleeve.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right in the feels man....                                                                  

In any case, consider what your exit pupil/eye relief is like. My scope has the following:
Eye Relief (in. / mm):3.75 / 95

One of the "spec" options is the Leupold 112633 2.5-8 x 36:
Eye Relief, mm: 94-76

So with my scope positioned as above, I feel like I'm right on the CH to get a proper sight picture. Now, I don't really have any experience from active duty using scopes so I could very well be too close. But to me I feel like I get the best sight picture when I'm right up on the CH given the distance the ocular is in front of the rear sight. You definitely want to consider that if you do decide to go with the ARMS #40. Keeping the PRI sight will be less "clone", but you can make it more usable for yourself and lets you set the scope where it's just right for you. Whichever is higher priority for you, and certainly based on what kind of glass you decide on. I snagged the Bushnell because it had all the features I wanted like MIL/MIL adjustment, FFP Mil Dot illuminated reticle, and good magnification range. I'd seen a torture test so it certainly seemed like a good piece of glass. The only way I'd replace it would be with a Nightforce 2.5-10, that's it.

Either way, she's one sexy rifle. I'd have to say given all the other options out there the Mod 0 always got me on sex appeal alone.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

In any case, consider what your exit pupil/eye relief is like. My scope has the following:

So with my scope positioned as above, I feel like I'm right on the CH to get a proper sight picture. Now, I don't really have any experience from active duty using scopes so I could very well be too close. But to me I feel like I get the best sight picture when I'm right up on the CH given the distance the ocular is in front of the rear sight. You definitely want to consider that if you do decide to go with the ARMS #40. Keeping the PRI sight will be less "clone", but you can make it more usable for yourself and lets you set the scope where it's just right for you. Whichever is higher priority for you, and certainly based on what kind of glass you decide on. I snagged the Bushnell because it had all the features I wanted like MIL/MIL adjustment, FFP Mil Dot illuminated reticle, and good magnification range. I'd seen a torture test so it certainly seemed like a good piece of glass. The only way I'd replace it would be with a Nightforce 2.5-10, that's it.

Either way, she's one sexy rifle. I'd have to say given all the other options out there the Mod 0 always got me on sex appeal alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One thing I believe everyone can agree on.

Eye relief was the reason I switched from an A1 to a sopmod. And, if I had to do it again, clone be damned I'd have a NF. (don't tell anybody I said that though)

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered the ARMS #22 mounts and I have a Arms 40 backup sight off  of a ARMS 38 sleeve I could try and see if I like it. I am using  the  Leupold Mark 4 3.5x10 with a Premier Reticle Mil Dot FFP. I will be adding butler creek covers and also I will be painting it  with Duracoat in the near future. I am still waiting to shoot it.  I do like the NF scopes so clear I have one on a 300 WM
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I ordered the ARMS #22 mounts and I have a Arms 40 backup sight off  of a ARMS 38 sleeve I could try and see if I like it. I am using  the  Leupold Mark 4 3.5x10 with a Premier Reticle Mil Dot FFP. I will be adding butler creek covers and also I will be painting it  with Duracoat in the near future. I am still waiting to shoot it.  I do like the NF scopes so clear I have one on a 300 WM
View Quote

Well now, you'll never guess who has a mk4 with a PR GenII FFP mil-dot on a mod0.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought mine on the EE for $350 it was supposed to be a Vari X III and when I got it in it was a Mark 4 with the PR Mil dot and FFP conversion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I bought mine on the EE for $350 it was supposed to be a Vari X III and when I got it in it was a Mark 4 with the PR Mil dot and FFP conversion.
View Quote
You stole it then. The reticle switch at PR was runnin' around $200 last time I looked into it. So, less than $200 for a mk4 can't be topped.

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Got to put a few rounds through it on Saturday shot dam good half to 3/4 moa . When I bought the scope the guy told me it was a vari x 3 then I got it and it was the mark 4 I was happier than pig in sh*t. I will post pics once I get to the 100 and 200 yard range.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top