Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 12:13:08 PM EDT
Finally got some good pictures of my new FDE RECCE. With a couple of changes I think she is looking pretty good

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!    I kept mine stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks good but 2 threads in such a short time just to show it off is a bit much
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
So how did you get the stubby VFG? Dd you cut it?

Nice BLock II.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a midlength right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks good but 2 threads in such a short time just to show it off is a bit much
View Quote

This^^^

Nice rifle but you're cluttering us up with duplicate threads.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This^^^

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^^^

He could always do hat the rest of us do. Make a thread for it them spam every other relevant picture thread too
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking build. You'll remain on double secret probation until you take that comp off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't be on double secret probation, way too much stress.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nice looking build. You'll remain on double secret probation until you take that comp off.
View Quote
G's right, Dean Wormer will be none too happy about shooting next to you on the range.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought a reece needed some magnification?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Built in-house by U.S. Navy SEAL Team armorers, and later by the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division (often referred to as NSWC-Crane or "Crane"), the SEAL Recon Rifle was developed to provide SEAL snipers with a portable, lightweight system with greater lethality than a standard M4 carbine. The SEAL Recon Rifle is sometimes referred to as the "Recce Rifle".

That's the description from Rainier's site. I'm not really sure why it was labeled as a RECCE, seeing how going with a 14.5" barrel is kind of in the opposite direction. I might just give in and get a variable powered scope
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:50:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nice BLock II.
View Quote

The VFG is a GG&G stubby. I have been tossing around the idea of replacing it with a TD QD FDE stubby VFG. The GG&G reminds me of a smooshed KAC VFG, which is why I like it.

Yes to the mid length question.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Built in-house by U.S. Navy SEAL Team armorers, and later by the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division (often referred to as NSWC-Crane or "Crane"), the SEAL Recon Rifle was developed to provide SEAL snipers with a portable, lightweight system with greater lethality than a standard M4 carbine. The SEAL Recon Rifle is sometimes referred to as the "Recce Rifle".

That's the description from Rainier's site. I'm not really sure why it was labeled as a RECCE, seeing how going with a 14.5" barrel is kind of in the opposite direction. I might just give in and get a variable powered scope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:08:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Fine looking rifle.

Now let's see some groups.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so?

I'm assuming they are referring to the increased accuracy = more lethal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The VFG is a GG&G stubby. I have been tossing around the idea of replacing it with a TD QD FDE stubby VFG. The GG&G reminds me of a smooshed KAC VFG, which is why I like it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice BLock II.

Thanks for the info about the VFG.

So how does she shoot?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully Shooting it next week. I have one of those sight mark camera mounts that I have never tried. Some action shots would be fun to get.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top