Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2013 4:28:10 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has had problems getting Magpul  XTM enhanced rail covers to snap tight on a Troy enhanced drop in  battle rail?  I am very new to the AR-15 world so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.

I actually have had those on the very rail you mention.  They clip in nice and solid

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you,  I am either doing something wrong or I received a china knock off.  Mine don't even snap tight when they aren't on a rail.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you,  I am either doing something wrong or I received a china knock off.  Mine don't even snap tight when they aren't on a rail.
View Quote

Have you tried another rail?  Anything attached to the rail near where you are having trouble attaching the covers?
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That's kind of odd.  I had to snap mine on and off a few times (sanding in some places) to get them a little more loose.

There seems to be quite a bit of dimensional variance when they're molded.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't Troy recently change the dimensions of its rails?

I seem to recall reports of sights being canted, etc.  This might account for loose XTM panels
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not that they are loose they just don't snap and fall off.  They won't even snap together off of the rail in your hand.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top