Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2014 6:43:31 PM EDT
Hey y'all

I have a 16 in windham with the A2 FSB with the bayonet lug. I love that I have it as it pisses off the joe bidens of the world.  Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows of a freakishly long handled bayonet or what do y'all do with them?

Happy freedom
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
you can get a Bayonet Adapter from triple r products

http://www.triple-r-products.com/
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That's pretty darn cool
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey y'all

I have a 16 in windham with the A2 FSB with the bayonet lug. I love that I have it as it pisses off the joe bidens of the world.  Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows of a freakishly long handled bayonet or what do y'all do with them?

Happy freedom
View Quote

What is the reasoning for wanting to put a bayonet on it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey y'all

Happy freedom

The lug is lonely?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hey y'all

Happy freedom
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, Joe Biden doesn't sleep because you can have a knife on your rifle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey y'all

Happy freedom

Pig-stickin'.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pig-stickin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey y'all

Happy freedom

Pig-stickin'.

That's my philosophy. damn pigs
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#9]
My Sergeant & I were probably the only troops w/ bayonets on my last deployment, and he only had one b/c I bought him one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My Sergeant & I were probably the only troops w/ bayonets on my last deployment, and he only had one b/c I bought him one.
View Quote

Ever make use of it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ever make use of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever make use of it?

No, hamdiallah.  If I ever have to fire a shot I have utterly failed @ my job.  The Brits, apparently, use them all the time, despite having one of the world's worst bayonet platforms.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
They're great for opening cans and digging holes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#13]
A fake and slipover moderator should work also.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The likelihood of active duty troopers, let alone civilian members of the unorganized militia, having to fix bayonets and engage the enemy in mortal combat is low.  However, the more common uses of fixed bayonets is by troops in formation engaged in riot control, and by individual troopers guarding POWs.  To an unarmed rioter or POW, a sharp bayonet on the end of your rifle is a powerful deterrent.  

BTW, IMO the M4 carbine is not properly configured to fix a bayonet.  Notice in the Armalite pic linked above how several inches of the carbine barrel extend beyond the guard of a milspec bayonet, reducing its reach.  Conversely, on the M16, with its 20" barrel, only the flash hider extends beyond the guard.  By grasping the aft end of the M16's handguard with one hand and the receiver extension with the other, the total reach to the tip of an M7 bayonet is almost a long as that of an M1 Garand with an M5 bayonet.  Not ideal, but plenty long enough to deter or defeat an angry rioter. - CW
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#15]
M16A1 clone

M4 clone (14.5" bbl)

The bayonet only fit the M4 carbine because of the 14.5" barrel length. I tried it on some that had a 14.7" barrel and it would not fit properly. With AR rifles, such as the one above, there is no problem with the M7 bayonet fitting. The Ontario OKC3S USMC Marine Bayonet fits the M4 as well. I have one of these too.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  The likelihood of active duty troopers, let alone civilian members of the unorganized militia, having to fix bayonets and engage the enemy in mortal combat is low.  However, the more common uses of fixed bayonets is by troops in formation engaged in riot control, and by individual troopers guarding POWs.  To an unarmed rioter or POW, a sharp bayonet on the end of your rifle is a powerful deterrent.  

BTW, IMO the M4 carbine is not properly configured to fix a bayonet.  Notice in the Armalite pic linked above how several inches of the carbine barrel extend beyond the guard of a milspec bayonet, reducing its reach.  Conversely, on the M16, with its 20" barrel, only the flash hider extends beyond the guard.  By grasping the aft end of the M16's handguard with one hand and the receiver extension with the other, the total reach to the tip of an M7 bayonet is almost a long as that of an M1 Garand with an M5 bayonet.  Not ideal, but plenty long enough to deter or defeat an angry rioter. - CW
View Quote

As I pointed out, apparently bayonet charges in the British Army are de rigueur.  And the issued M4 carbine, w/ 14.5" bbl & carbine gas, IS properly configured to fix a bayonet.  A 16" bbl w/ carbine gas is a civilian configuration and does not accept a standard military bayonet properly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, backbencher, I stand corrected.  The M4 carbine and its M7 bayonet fit together like a glove, combat ready. - CW
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks, backbencher, I stand corrected.  The M4 carbine and its M7 bayonet fit together like a glove, combat ready. - CW
View Quote

Not that bayonets are issued anymore in the US Army.  Instead we train in Combatives, b/c rolling around w/ your enemy in the dirt is better than stabbing him repeatedly.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#19]
There are situations where mounted bayonets are useful.
There are situations where a mounted bayonet can be a psychological deterrent.
I seriously doubt I will ever be caught up in such a situation.
The PO factor appeals to my sense of humor.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I use mine to open mail. not just any mail mind you, only tactical mail. if I get a tier one item in the mail I fix bayonets to open it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#21]
You can buy bayonets on E-bay that have extra long handles so the fit a 16"  carbine barrel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#22]
A 6.5" Blade isn't enough to REALLY piss off liberals, so I created one with a 9" double edge blade.

Now if you have a non-standard distance to the bayonet lug you can do what I did, take the attachments from a donor M7 bayonet and whatever blade you want to use and create whatever you want.

My newest AR-15 bayonet is going to have this 11.5 blade....

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#23]
nice job pursuit! very cool.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#24]
That's not a bayonet, THIS is a bayonet!!

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#25]
That's almost lethal enough for a drive by bayonet-ing... Oh the depravity! Libtards WILL.... NOT.... SLEEP...
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/302245/m1bayonet_1.jpg
View Quote

Woah!  Careful w/ that.  That's so long it could go rob a 7-11 all by itself!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey y'all

Happy freedom
View Quote

I believe a mid length gas system on a 16" barrel will accommodate a bayonet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bawhahhahahaha! I could see the retards on GoodMorningAmerica making that statement... The Fuck-tard dikes and faggots they are!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey y'all

Happy freedom

Why does he need a reason?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

hey someone should do some ballistic gel penetration tests.  we need to know the depth it will penetrate.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
hey someone should do some ballistic gel penetration tests.  we need to know the depth it will penetrate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

16" before the rifle's muzzle hits flesh
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That's pretty darn cool
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty darn cool

ARFCOM curse #2: This place costs me money.

http://shop.triple-r-products.com/
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#33]
That's a better solution than the freakishly long hilted bayonets.

http://shop.triple-r-products.com/Quick-Release-AR15-Bayonet-Adapter-AR15EXT001.htm
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://shop.triple-r-products.com/Quick-Release-AR15-Bayonet-Adapter-AR15EXT001.htm
View Quote

I swear that when I originally saw their website link in this thread, the price was $65, w/ free S&H.

I stopped in again the other day on a whim: $52.83, and still w/ free S&H. ... I couldn't hold out any longer...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not for $50 it is.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Not for $50 it is.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for $50 it is.  

If I didn't already have the bayonet ( a relic from my misspent youth), we'd be in agreement.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

If I didn't already have the bayonet ( a relic from my misspent youth), we'd be in agreement.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for $50 it is.  

I have bayonets but man... can't see myself spending fifty plus dollsrs on that.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I have bayonets but man... can't see myself spending fifty plus dollsrs on that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for $50 it is.  

That's the beauty: This is America, and I'm pro-choice®

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
IF you like the M7 Bayonet, wouldn't it be simpler to just cut the steel under the grips and add a section, then wrap it with Paracord for a new grip?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
IF you like the M7 Bayonet, wouldn't it be simpler to just cut the steel under the grips and add a section, then wrap it with Paracord for a new grip?
View Quote

The adapter is Mo'Betta, b/c it can be used on multiple bayonet types, and his bayonet will not require modification when he gets his 16" Middy or his 14.7" pinned & welded.  Then he can sell his adapter on the EE.  Besides, have you seen the freakishly long hilts that fit a 16" carbine gas?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The adapter is Mo'Betta, b/c it can be used on multiple bayonet types, and his bayonet will not require modification when he gets his 16" Middy or his 14.7" pinned & welded.  Then he can sell his adapter on the EE.  Besides, have you seen the freakishly long hilts that fit a 16" carbine gas?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

... okay, if I do modify that M7, or an OKC3S, to fit a 16" M4 carbine, how can I use it on my 20" A4 rifle, when I am so inclined?  

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#42]
16" mid-length takes bayonet perfectly.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

... okay, if I do modify that M7, or an OKC3S, to fit a 16" M4 carbine, how can I use it on my 20" A4 rifle, when I am so inclined?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the rifle has the correct distance for an M7 bayonet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top