BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2014 10:36:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
how about something along the lines of a police locking rack...mounted/bolted to the inside of your trunk.

I think the actual units cost over $300 though (unless you can weld something up)...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheaper than a new gun, and much better than a newly armed criminal.  Additional benefit of covered trigger.$291 here
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Another Ridgeline owner here. Are you aware of this rifle storage setup that goes under the rear seat?

http://www.amazon.com/50039-Ridgeline-Underseat-Storage-Organizer/dp/B001ADFC9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411617789&sr=8-1&keywords=Honda+Ridgeline+storage

It's not lockable, but should give you an idea about where to start.

Heres another idea, I've been using one of these bags for years. Broken down to an upper and lower, a 16 inch AR fits just fine. It even has a center divider. I cut the legs off an old pair of sweatpants to use as padding. This fits in the in bed trunk and is probably more secure than anything inside the cab. NO ONE I've shown my Ridgelone to had any idea there was a trunk in the bed, nor could they figure out how to open the tail gate sideways to get to it, even after I told them where the latch was. I don't figure the thieving hood rats know about the trunk either.

Tool bag, has plenty of pockets for magazines, batteries, all kinds of goodies.

http://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-06049-GateMouth-Long/dp/B00002243U/ref=pd_cp_hi_0

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Break the rifle down and keep it in this under the rear seat out of sight:

Condor Transporter Bag
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I have this Husky cargo carrier under the back seat of my F150

I removed the foam divider and made one out of wood to support my AR. I also have a chest rig with 6 AR mags, 6 Glock mags for my CC, a first aid kit, and some paracord
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Trunk of my Z

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I just keep mine in a LaRue case in my trunk. Works great for my needs, and someone would need a key to get it unless they take the jaws of life to my trunk.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out Tuffy Security products, I know they have steel lock boxes for real trucks...Sorry but I had too, I never thought of a Honda Ridgeline as a truck.
I have a Ford F150 Crew and have one of their boxes under the flip up rear seat. It has a key lock and does not take up any leg room. Mounting
Was easy..good luck
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am finally getting around to building an inexpensive KISS truck/trunk rifle. I don't like the idea of keeping one of my top tier rifles in the truck, so I found a DelTon kit on Midway for under $500. I should have less than $700 in it all said and done.

Now I'm trying to figure out a way of securing the rifle inside the vehicle.

I own a Honda Ridgeline truck, which has a trunk underneath the truck bed. I don't trust keeping the rifle just locked inside the vehicle.

I would like a way of storing it and attaching either the rifle or the inside container to the truck itself. So if someone were to break into the vehicle, they could't simply remove the rifle, there would be an additional security deterrent to go through before removing the rifle.

While the trunk under the truck bed is a great storage area, it isn't really big enough for a full-length rifle case.

Any storage suggestions, custom or otherwise?
View Quote

Sorry. I can't even recommend a police unit lock rack. Those can be easily defeated by an experinced thief-especially if they know where the lock release device button or switch is located. Those punks are constantly taking weapons out of police vehicles everywhere. That said, it's never a good idea to keep any valuables or other weapons in your veh much less a gun, low cost or not. Sorry to side track, but just putting that out there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Master Python cable lock for those times I wish to secure an AR in my vehicle. It is looped through a fixed point in the car, then the free end passes through the magazine well & ejection port.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#13]
You need a trunk monkey.

soft case in trunk.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top