BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 28
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BobaDebt: What about the optic placement is breaking your brain?
View Quote

He's referring to the optic pushed all the way to the rear of the UR. Most run them "mid point" as do I..

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:

He's referring to the optic pushed all the way to the rear of the UR. Most run them "mid point"
View Quote
What he said. Not right or wrong, just different
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BobaDebt:

What about the optic placement is breaking your brain?

I have not shot this set up yet, I shot my original 10.4 upper with an H-3 buffer and it was pretty much like any of my other 10.3 uppers, but would not cycle 223

Then I bought a real MR556-A1 last year and it impressed me so much that I decided to wait until I had an A5 lower for this upper to shoot it again

Once I shoot it I may change the position of the optic

If you have been wanting to build a 10.4, there has never been a better time

With STS and the Brownells BRN-4 line it can be done affordably or if you want to go mostly all authentic HK parts you can shop around and find deals

I got the RAL8k Stock and grip over the past 2 months from 2 different vendors and I only paid $255 for both, plus I added other parts that were on sale to those orders to offset the shipping

View Quote

What is the rationale for putting the optic so far aft on the receiver?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:34:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#4]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

What is the rationale for putting the optic so far aft on the receiver?
View Quote

Increased sight radius for iron sights

I haven't shot it with this optic yet but I have shouldered it and the red dot position seems fine and lines up perfectly with the laser from my PEQ-15
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#5]
Aero dropped their new Pro series. Going straight after Geissele’s market share with Geissele’s rail design flipped upside down, likely to bypass the patent. Looks good aesthetically but $2000 for an Aero/Ballistic Advantage rifle seems like a hard sell.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: LOL, they even have G$’s tension screws in upside down fashion.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Aero dropped their new Pro series. Going straight after Geissele’s market share with Geissele’s rail design flipped upside down to bypass the patent. Looks good aesthetically but $2000 for an Aero/Ballistic Advantage rifle seems like a hard sell.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3480_jpeg-3224918.JPG

ETA: LOL, they even have G$’s tension screws in upside down fashion.
View Quote

Aero already didn't have my respect, but this is a pretty blatant cash grab. They're charging G money without the innovation. The parts list is basic, with a VG6 delta and ALG QMS trigger.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
As much as I like Aero's uppers, lowers & buffer tubes, that right there is just not right. I"ll agree, blatant cash grab with a ripoff design tactic. They've got the talent to innovate, I don't really get this at all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

Aero already didn't have my respect, but this is a pretty blatant cash grab. They're charging G money without the innovation. The parts list is basic, with a VG6 delta and ALG QMS trigger.
View Quote

The fact Bill is still willing to sell them ALG triggers means he’s probably laughing at this in reality. Aero may think they’re going to make way in that market share, but I don’t think they will at all.

PSA also has a Mk8 knock off rail and G$ still sells to them too. Imitation is the sincerest form…..
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with the above, but am actually pretty interested to see one of those rails in person.

Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM.
Best of both worlds in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Goody454: Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM. Best of both worlds in my opinion.
View Quote

That's a fresh way to look at it! And OdieGreen is right, imitation is flattery for the original concept guys & gals.

Still, $2k is a hard pill to swallow for this build..

I guess for those who've built piece by piece for so long (me,) don't really give this stuff a second look.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]
Originally Posted By Goody454:
I agree with the above, but am actually pretty interested to see one of those rails in person.

Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM.
Best of both worlds in my opinion.
View Quote

I may not be up in arms about it but I definitely won’t buy one because of it.

Who am I kidding, no way in hell I’m paying almost $400 for any rail system, especially an Aero made one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]

That's a fresh way to look at it! And OdieGreen is right, imitation is flattery for the original concept guys & gals.

I guess for those who've built piece by piece for so long (me,) don't really give this stuff a second look.
View Quote

And sometimes imitation is just... imitation. They could have packaged it differently or introduced an incremental improvement, but it literally looks like a G rail flipped upside down. I'll reserve final judgement until I can take a closer look, but regardless the value proposition isn't there at all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:07:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bringo] [#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goody454: Moving the hardware to the top looks like the love child of Geisselle and BCM. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

ETA: hit submit instead of preview...

Yea, I'll continue to roll my own as well.  

I rarely drop $2k+ at once on a rifle or...anything for that matter. Pic above is years of acquisition, one part at a time.

I use Aero and BA when I need cheap buffer tubes and barrels, like most folks. It's going to be difficult for them to break into that next tier.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bringo:

ETA: hit submit instead of preview...

Yea, I'll continue to roll my own as well.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53755045348_25c15c4c53_b.jpg

I rarely drop $2k+ at once on a rifle or...anything for that matter. Pic above is years of acquisition, one part at a time.

I use Aero and BA when I need cheap buffer tubes and barrels, like most folks. It's going to be difficult for them to break into that next tier.
View Quote

Nice symmetry. The OCD in me would go bonkers trying to get everything in perfect alignment for that pic...

No doubt, all 3 of my SBR AR builds are ~$4-5k each (with stamps & cans) built one little piece at a time over years of acquisition. The sad thing about doing a spreadsheet on gun builds is knowing exactly what you've spent. Still, it's the prudent thing to do.

Like I said I like Areo for uppers, lowers and tubes. They're great.

Sadly, the "responsible homeowner / husband" in me has spent the better part of $20k on house stuff over the last 2 years. Ah, the joys of adulthood!
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Saw these and figured I'd share. No personal experience.

https://badattitudedept.com/bad-attitude-department-ar15-lower-receiver-bad-m16a2-cat-eye-bronze/
View Quote
Came here to post this. Shoulda figured the tano crew already had the lowdown
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like they have A2 uppers too. First I've seen of those since RGuns.

I'm curious how the color compares to DDC.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't touched my Thoroughbred lower yet and now y'all are tempting me with this Bad Cattitude lower...
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Saw these and figured I'd share. No personal experience.

https://badattitudedept.com/bad-attitude-department-ar15-lower-receiver-bad-m16a2-cat-eye-bronze/
View Quote

Funny you posted that! I bought a clear anno upper from them some time back, no issues. I got an email from them a few days ago, forgot to post this one as some may have interest..

Tano Carry Handle Upper
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Funny you posted that! I bought a clear anno upper from them some time back, no issues. I got an email from them a few days ago, forgot to post this one as some may have interest..

Tano Carry Handle Upper
View Quote

Just ordered one, will report back.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Goody454:Just ordered one, will report back.
View Quote

Sweet! Hope it's a winner.. that would make for a super cool build.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Looks like they have A2 uppers too. First I've seen of those since RGuns.

I'm curious how the color compares to DDC.
View Quote

@pezboytate

I have one in my cart… think I’m gonna pull the trigger tonight….
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

@pezboytate

I have one in my cart… think I’m gonna pull the trigger tonight….
View Quote

I asked if they are going to do C7 uppers and delta rings and they said they are working on C7 uppers but probably no delta rings.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#24]

I asked if they are going to do C7 uppers and delta rings and they said they are working on C7 uppers but probably no delta rings.
View Quote

Hmmm… May hold off then…
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

Not tano, but will be part of something with a bunch of tano!
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]

I’d like to see that rail in Tano :)
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#29]

Tano Carry Handle Upper
View Quote

Just received the A2 Upper this afternoon. Pictured with my other Tano builds for reference.
- Top: Kodiak Brown receivers, w/RISiii, ADM Tano buffer tube
- Bottom: Tano (pre-Kodiak blem run from Aero) receivers, DDC MK4, DDC buffer tube

It definitely looks more Rose Gold than I’d hoped for, and would have been a great match for the early CMT DRT rails. It’s more iridescent/shiny than the pictures show.  Not sure I’m entirely sold, but already have the wheels turning for a Tano Dissipator 300 Blk w/Mlok rifle length handguard.

I’ll start collecting parts and keep an eye out for another option on the upper.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 5:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#30]
I just had a lower from MSP in my cart at checkout when I realized they’re local to me.
I’m going to run over and see if I can pick one out in person.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Just received the A2 Upper this afternoon. Pictured with my other Tano builds for reference.
- Top: Kodiak Brown receivers, w/RISiii, ADM Tano buffer tube
- Bottom: Tano (pre-Kodiak blem run from Aero) receivers, DDC MK4, DDC buffer tube

It definitely looks more Rose Gold than I’d hoped for, and would have been a great match for the early CMT DRT rails. It’s more iridescent/shiny than the pictures show.  Not sure I’m entirely sold, but already have the wheels turning for a Tano Dissipator 300 Blk w/Mlok rifle length handguard.

I’ll start collecting parts and keep an eye out for another option on the upper.

https://i.ibb.co/N79nP52/IMG-3949.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/ZgR2t7M/IMG-3950.jpg
View Quote

WET
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 3:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#32]
The Tano A2 is underway. Just got my FCD Tano 11.5” rail and 16” 300blk barrel.
Now to send the barrel for a pinned FSB and gas block.

This will be dissipator’ish, with a FSB attached prior to Rifle length, but longer than Mid… not sure what to call it.

Still deciding on the lower, but I have decided no Aero or G on this build.

Attached to my Tano Aero lower…

Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#33]
The Tano A2 is underway. Just got my FCD Tano 11.5” rail and 16” 300blk barrel.
Now to send the barrel for a pinned FSB and gas block.

This will be dissipator’ish, with a FSB attached prior to Rifle length, but longer than Mid… not sure what to call it.

Still deciding on the lower, but I have decided no Aero or G on this build.

https://i.ibb.co/DpNgMMR/IMG-3982.jpg

View Quote

That's pretty rad!! You could call it a "Disstepchild", kinda like a redheaded stepchild of the dissipator.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#34]
G$ sale is live. Complete blem SD in DDC for $1100. Lots of good deals on receivers and rail sets too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
G$ sale is live. Complete blem SD in DDC for $1100. Lots of good deals on receivers and rail sets too.
View Quote

Remember way back 2-posts ago when I said no Geissele in my new build?

Thanks to the 4th Blem sale I’m eating my words. DDC lower and ACH on the way.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Remember way back 2-posts ago when I said no Geissele in my new build?

Thanks to the 4th Blem sale I’m eating my words. DDC lower and ACH on the way.
View Quote

Glad I could enable because all of the G$ DDC receivers I’ve seen lately looked pretty close to that upper.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Stuff selling out quick for G Blems. Go figure..

Looks nice Goody454! FCD rail has a nice tone to it too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File

Need to figure out a barrel.. I have a centurion 10.3” laying in the bin, but think a 12.5 with an otter creek OTB flash hider and would be better… finally got my hands on a Wilson combat flip up FSB.  Slowly coming together…
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JustDaniel:
https://i.vgy.me/LTh0AS.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#41]
4th of July DDC Blemula lower and ACH came in. Buffer tube is Aero Kodiak w/Coyote B5.
Coyote A2 grip and FCD trigger guard are in the mail.

Nothing matches, which is perfect in my eyes.

Still need an A2 upper parts kit and have to send this barrel out to get a new FSB pinned.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#42]
4th of July DDC Blemula lower and ACH came in. Buffer tube is Aero Kodiak w/Coyote B5.
Coyote A2 grip and FCD trigger guard are in the mail.

Nothing matches, which is perfect in my eyes.

Still need an A2 upper parts kit and have to send this barrel out to get a new FSB pinned.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180867/IMG_4165_jpeg-3274007.JPG
View Quote

Very nice. I love the integrated carry handle. That's just a smooth look.. kinda like a 67 Vette.

I want an Aero clear ano buffer tube. I've got way more Tano tubes than I need right now, but still want a clear ano. The Aero enhanced tubes are the bees knees.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 5:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ODgreen2003] [#43]
I have an authentic Colt tanodized receiver extension I picked up new at the time almost 4 years ago that has just sat on a lower in my safe and will most likely never use. I’d rather have a tanodized KAC 99051 or a FDE MK18 RIS…Any interest out there?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ODgreen2003:
I have an authentic Colt tanodized receiver extension I picked up new at the time almost 4 years ago that has just sat on a lower in my safe and will most likely never use. I’d rather have a tanodized KAC 99051 or a FDE MK18 RIS…Any interest out there?
View Quote

I’d buy it off of you! Especially if it’s one of the older more reddish bronze tubes!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:

I’d buy it off of you! Especially if it’s one of the older more reddish bronze tubes!
View Quote

It is I believe, it’s more reddish bronze than FDE.  I’ll IM you!
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone seen Tano receivers from TNTE?

They have an A2 upper that looks like it might be less bronze than the Bad Attitude uppers.

Tano A2 Upper
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#47]

They have an A2 upper that looks like it might be less bronze than the Bad Attitude uppers.

Tano A2 Upper
View Quote

Interesting that it's the only tanodized part they have.

Is TNTE stuff any good?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#48]

Interesting that it's the only tanodized part they have.

Is TNTE stuff any good?
View Quote

I’ve never dealt with them. I inquired here a while back about them as I was interested in one of their barrels. I was inundated with horror stories about them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Tano A2 Upper
View Quote

Stick with what you've got. It looks great as is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top