BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 85
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Heres higher res photo so yup

You can find the taps on the handguard it really similar to solgw.

But have a question. Is  it n4 upper compatible with L89 rail
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Makes sense that the SOLGW is what we are seeing.  It uses the same anti rotation tab going into the upper receiver.
View Quote

Idk if the soglw would fit the gen 3 upper as far as the anti rotation tab on the left side of the upper. Might just be a whole solgw urg
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SilverBulletX:
https://imgdump5.novarata.net/ytaobl.png

Heres higher res photo so yup

You can find the taps on the handguard it really similar to solgw.

But have a question. Is  it n4 upper compatible with L89 rail
View Quote

In fact, wear on magwell and on handguard. Looks like a rattlecan job.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:39:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#4]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

In fact, wear on magwell and on handguard. Looks like a rattlecan job.
View Quote
To be fair Cerakote also wears like that, if it is wear and not just shut quality

i like to think some people at the command are just laughing at all this
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Nerd group buy on FDE SOLGW L89 rails….?  LSUJON? Keylows?
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my rail and upper back from PSD.  Of course while it was there I finally found a decent priced lower on Tacswap so now I gotta send that to them.  Almost done…
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hobbstc1:
Got my rail and upper back from PSD.  Of course while it was there I finally found a decent priced lower on Tacswap so now I gotta send that to them.  Almost done…
View Quote

How much are the lowers going for these days?
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Allot on GB but not anywhere else lol
Nerd group buy on FDE SOLGW L89 rails .?  LSUJON? Keylows?
I'm not trying to clone a sim upper
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:29:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hobbstc1] [#9]

View Quote

They’re all over the place.  I got mine for $300 plus transfer fee.  I’ve seen them from there all the way up to $600. I had just about given up on finding one for a little more than retail and just lucked out on Tacswap.  I was gonna get a blank lower and just FDE it and be done.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting….I got some lowers I need to offload…
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Nerd group buy on FDE SOLGW L89 rails….?  LSUJON? Keylows?
View Quote

Ahhh I'm in the same vien as LsuJon right now. Not interested in a Sim upper.

Need more leaked helo vids
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

View Quote

Why do you think it's just a sim upper? They can use sims in the noveske.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Blue mags = sims.

Majority of the pics we have of the Noveskes are actually dedicated sim uppers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

sim can:
Attachment Attached File

Before, the sim uppers that were commonly used were just the m4 sim upper with the barrel crudely cut down to mk18 sized.

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Blue mags = sims.

Majority of the pics we have of the Noveskes are actually dedicated sim uppers.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_3745_jpeg-3249366.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_3498_png-3249367.JPG

sim can:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_3488_jpeg-3249368.JPG

Before, the sim uppers that were commonly used were just the m4 sim upper with the barrel crudely cut down to mk18 sized.

View Quote

So they're not just throwing a Sim bcg in their "go to" novekse? Why bother getting a different rail/upper for sims if they already have dedicated sim uppers?
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#15]

So they're not just throwing a Sim bcg in their "go to" novekse? Why bother getting a different rail/upper for sims if they already have dedicated sim uppers?
View Quote
Nope and that's why I raised that question earlier. I was alluding to it being a complete sim upper form what ever company made the rail.

Or just general over thinking and a sim upper rail could've gotten damaged and they just threw on whatever they had as a replacement.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:46:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#16]
View Quote

No. Noveske won a couple follow-on contracts after the rifle contracts for "sim-only" guns. They have a few changes to them, including no gas system (no gas hole, no gas block, no gas tube, etc…).

You can of course run sim bolts in regular guns but there's a lot of reasons this isn't ideal. The barrel cleaning alone is a massive PITA. And if you don't get it all out it can cause catastrophic failures with live rounds. Then of course there's the safety aspect, with shit like this happening.

It's much easier and safer to run dedicated sim guns. As Jon mentioned, with dev specifically, back in the 416 era we used to see basic M4 sim guns in their pelican cases or in training events all the time. The Noveske thing just makes a lot more sense to now have their sim gun match their actual rifles in terms of weight, ergos, etc…

There's been this really weird attitude on the internet ever since the Noveske adoption went public of people just waiting around for the Noveske to be "replaced", like people think it's some flash-in-the-plan private purchase that means nothing and was just on a whim and as soon as the weather changes they'll move on to something else. I think that's really short sighted. The sheer amount of investment and time that went in to that procurement in terms of R&D and T&E was monstrous. And the actual procurements are public record, they're easy to find if you search the gov databases. And that doesn't even account for the logistics set up for replacement parts and the replacement schedule. Then there's training, supply logistics, etc… It's not like devgru is out shopping at Cabelas for a "new carbine" every weekend.

With this picture in particular, nobody knows anything. The picture is incredibly smudgy. We don't know whether it's just a replacement rail, an upper, a whole gun, a sim-only thing, etc… Hell we don't even know anything about the guy, it could be an attached CIA dude or a number of other circumstances. Without any other info, it's a pretty vague thing to attempt to clone… and then for what purpose… "Yeah man, this one time, this one guy was seen at a training event with a gun that sorta kinda looked like this and might have had this rail". That's some pretty rando provenance.

It's pretty obvious that dev is constantly testing and evaluating new shit. Especially right now given we don't have some super up-tempo war going on like we did during GWOT. But whether or not those tests end up resulting in something interesting to clone, let alone "replacing" a weapon system they *just* purchased… it's gonna take more than one blurry photo to tell. And probably a lot more time.

The company that Noveske is today is a very different company than it was when they first secured this contract. It wouldn't surprise me at all if dev moves in other directions at some point. But there's still fulfillment going on right now on this particular system. So attempting to clone something this early when literally nothing is known about it just seems kinda pointless. If it's a real project with any level of interestingness, surely more info will come out about it over time. The 416 was the basic, issued platform for 15+ years tho…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

No. Noveske won a couple follow-on contracts after the rifle contracts for "sim-only" guns. They have a few changes to them, including no gas system (no gas hole, no gas block, no gas tube, etc…).

You can of course run sim bolts in regular guns but there's a lot of reasons this isn't ideal. The barrel cleaning alone is a massive PITA. And if you don't get it all out it can cause catastrophic failures with live rounds. Then of course there's the safety aspect, with shit like this happening.

It's much easier and safer to run dedicated sim guns. As Jon mentioned, with dev specifically, back in the 416 era we used to see basic M4 sim guns in their pelican cases or in training events all the time. The Noveske thing just makes a lot more sense to now have their sim gun match their actual rifles in terms of weight, ergos, etc…

There's been this really weird attitude on the internet ever since the Noveske adoption went public of people just waiting around for the Noveske to be "replaced", like people think it's some flash-in-the-plan private purchase that means nothing and was just on a whim and as soon as the weather changes they'll move on to something else. I think that's really short sighted. The sheer amount of investment and time that went in to that procurement in terms of R&D and T&E was monstrous. And the actual procurements are public record, they're easy to find if you search the gov databases. And that doesn't even account for the logistics set up for replacement parts and the replacement schedule. Then there's training, supply logistics, etc… It's not like devgru is out shopping at Cabelas for a "new carbine" every weekend.

With this picture in particular, nobody knows anything. The picture is incredibly smudgy. We don't know whether it's just a replacement rail, an upper, a whole gun, a sim-only thing, etc… Hell we don't even know anything about the guy, it could be an attached CIA dude or a number of other circumstances. Without any other info, it's a pretty vague thing to attempt to clone… and then for what purpose… "Yeah man, this one time, this one guy was seen at a training event with a gun that sorta kinda looked like this and might have had this rail". That's some pretty rando provenance.

It's pretty obvious that dev is constantly testing and evaluating new shit. Especially right now given we don't have some super up-tempo war going on like we did during GWOT. But whether or not those tests end up resulting in something interesting to clone, let alone "replacing" a weapon system they *just* purchased… it's gonna take more than one blurry photo to tell. And probably a lot more time.

The company that Noveske is today is a very different company than it was when they first secured this contract. It wouldn't surprise me at all if dev moves in other directions at some point. But there's still fulfillment going on right now on this particular system. So attempting to clone something this early when literally nothing is known about it just seems kinda pointless. If it's a real project with any level of interestingness, surely more info will come out about it over time. The 416 was the basic, issued platform for 15+ years tho…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224859/screenshot_png-3249483.JPG
View All Quotes

A mil, just in sim guns. Dang.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#18]

"Yeah man, this one time, this one guy was seen at a training event with a gun that sorta kinda looked like this and might have had this rail". That's some pretty rando provenance.

View Quote

That's exactly the kinda stuff that gets cloned lol

I agree though, too many unknowns.

But it doesn't make sense to do a handguard swap on a dedicated sim upper, especially when it doesn't look like the handguard would even fit said upper without modification.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

And then you got to think what would they move on to. The Noveske seems to fix all the complaints that former members of dev had about the 416.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SouthPaw_Zephyr:

And then you got to think what would they move on to. The Noveske seems to fix all the complaints that former members of dev had about the 416.
View Quote

The only complaint I could see is the limiting Mlok slots on the NSR handguard. And that seems to be something that is getting worked on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Let’s hope these FDE M4-2K’s get done while forms are still being approved relatively quickly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bobweaver:
Let’s hope these FDE M4-2K’s get done while forms are still being approved relatively quickly.
View Quote

right! I'm about to take one of my spare M42Ks and get it cerakoted FDE. I'm about to move states before the can is even completed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#23]

No. Noveske won a couple follow-on contracts after the rifle contracts for "sim-only" guns. They have a few changes to them, including no gas system (no gas hole, no gas block, no gas tube, etc ).

It's much easier and safer to run dedicated sim guns. As Jon mentioned, with dev specifically, back in the 416 era we used to see basic M4 sim guns in their pelican cases or in training events all the time. The Noveske thing just makes a lot more sense to now have their sim gun match their actual rifles in terms of weight, ergos, etc

There's been this really weird attitude on the internet ever since the Noveske adoption went public of people just waiting around for the Noveske to be "replaced", like people think it's some flash-in-the-plan private purchase that means nothing and was just on a whim and as soon as the weather changes they'll move on to something else. I think that's really short sighted. The sheer amount of investment and time that went in to that procurement in terms of R&D and T&E was monstrous. And the actual procurements are public record, they're easy to find if you search the gov databases. And that doesn't even account for the logistics set up for replacement parts and the replacement schedule. Then there's training, supply logistics, etc  It's not like devgru is out shopping at Cabelas for a "new carbine" every weekend.

With this picture in particular, nobody knows anything. The picture is incredibly smudgy. We don't know whether it's just a replacement rail, an upper, a whole gun, a sim-only thing, etc  Hell we don't even know anything about the guy, it could be an attached CIA dude or a number of other circumstances. Without any other info, it's a pretty vague thing to attempt to clone  and then for what purpose  "Yeah man, this one time, this one guy was seen at a training event with a gun that sorta kinda looked like this and might have had this rail". That's some pretty rando provenance.

It's pretty obvious that dev is constantly testing and evaluating new shit. Especially right now given we don't have some super up-tempo war going on like we did during GWOT. But whether or not those tests end up resulting in something interesting to clone, let alone "replacing" a weapon system they *just* purchased  it's gonna take more than one blurry photo to tell. And probably a lot more time.

The company that Noveske is today is a very different company than it was when they first secured this contract. It wouldn't surprise me at all if dev moves in other directions at some point. But there's still fulfillment going on right now on this particular system. So attempting to clone something this early when literally nothing is known about it just seems kinda pointless. If it's a real project with any level of interestingness, surely more info will come out about it over time. The 416 was the basic, issued platform for 15+ years tho

View Quote
Interesting that one is from last year that was modified in Jan.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Not sure if it's been discussed in this thread but I find this entire rifle to be odd. If there's any info on the solicitation or trials I'd love to see it. The 300 upper makes sense for the most part, though I don't know what compelled them to go with Dead Air, but it makes sense to have a highly accurate 300 upper. The confusion starts with the Stainless Steel 5.56 barrel. I understand SS is more accurate, but at what range are you needing extreme accuracy with a 10.5" 5.56? The difference between a 1 MOA and 2 MOA rifle at 25 yards is miniscule. With Mk262 you might be getting deformation out to 200-250 yards I'm guessing, assuming the 1900 fps threshold is true. But how often are they doing that vs door kicking and other infamous point blank maneuvers? The other possibility is that SS provides better salt water corrosion resistance than CL but that is mostly speculation from what I've seen. This brings me to the next question, which is if the OTB features on this actually work based on the original SOCOM requirement for the 416. Like if I submerge the rifle until there are no bubbles, close bolt, bring out of water and fire within 2 seconds, will it survive? I'm sure no one on here has tried or will for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By medieval_flail:
This brings me to the next question, which is if the OTB features on this actually work based on the original SOCOM requirement for the 416. Like if I submerge the rifle until there are no bubbles, close bolt, bring out of water and fire within 2 seconds, will it survive? I'm sure no one on here has tried or will for obvious reasons.
View Quote

.30 cal will drain water while .22 cal bores can trap water.

I also suspect there was the desire to have the same upper configuration in 5.56 and .300 so they could use the 5.56 for training.  Much like how there was a 5.56 Rattler barrel requirement.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Are the 7.62 N6's kosher for a .300 build or the N7 that TinyCrumb posted? Already have a Sandman S Mil but would like to change to an AAC as I've had to send my Sandman S in twice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Are the 7.62 N6's kosher for a .300 build or the N7 that TinyCrumb posted? Already have a Sandman S Mil but would like to change to an AAC as I've had to send my Sandman S in twice.
View Quote

AAC just did a big run of SDN-6s that they claimed was for a contract. It also happened to be *right* after they did the run of 416-SDs. It’s a big assumption obviously with no evidence, photographic or otherwise, but it seems pretty logical to me. 🤷‍♂️

The SDN7 was just a one-off / prototype that a buddy of mine purchased.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#28]

AAC just did a big run of SDN-6s that they claimed was for a contract. It also happened to be *right* after they did the run of 416-SDs. It's a big assumption obviously with no evidence, photographic or otherwise, but it seems pretty logical to me.

View All Quotes

AAC just did a big run of SDN-6s that they claimed was for a contract. It also happened to be *right* after they did the run of 416-SDs. It's a big assumption obviously with no evidence, photographic or otherwise, but it seems pretty logical to me.

Idk what these new contract SDN6s were for.

However, I do know they used the SDN6 on the No wakes along with other cans but most choose not to use the sdn6 due to the size.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#29]

AAC just did a big run of SDN-6s that they claimed was for a contract. It also happened to be *right* after they did the run of 416-SDs. It’s a big assumption obviously with no evidence, photographic or otherwise, but it seems pretty logical to me. 🤷‍♂️

View Quote

Gotcha, I'm considering ordering one of the contract SDN-6's from a site that has them currently. I'm a bit fed up with DA quality control.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 2:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medieval_flail] [#30]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

I also suspect there was the desire to have the same upper configuration in 5.56 and .300 so they could use the 5.56 for training.  Much like how there was a 5.56 Rattler barrel requirement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

Right so the question is still relevant to the 5.56 upper

Gotcha, I'm considering ordering one of the contract SDN-6's from a site that has them currently. I'm a bit fed up with DA quality control.

I would say link but I just got my Sandman and have no issues yet and tired of dumping money on guns lol. If I could find a M4-2000 or 416-SD maybe different story.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Right so the question is still relevant to the 5.56 upper

I would say link but I just got my Sandman and have no issues yet and tired of dumping money on guns lol. If I could find a M4-2000 or 416-SD maybe different story.
View Quote

My original Sandman S (non mil contract) that I've had for 5 years has been a fuckin champ. DA quality has definitely gone down as a lot of people have mentioned but this MIL contract one I've had has been a total lemon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Not sure if it's been discussed in this thread but I find this entire rifle to be odd. If there's any info on the solicitation or trials I'd love to see it. The 300 upper makes sense for the most part, though I don't know what compelled them to go with Dead Air, but it makes sense to have a highly accurate 300 upper. The confusion starts with the Stainless Steel 5.56 barrel. I understand SS is more accurate, but at what range are you needing extreme accuracy with a 10.5" 5.56? The difference between a 1 MOA and 2 MOA rifle at 25 yards is miniscule. With Mk262 you might be getting deformation out to 200-250 yards I'm guessing, assuming the 1900 fps threshold is true. But how often are they doing that vs door kicking and other infamous point blank maneuvers? The other possibility is that SS provides better salt water corrosion resistance than CL but that is mostly speculation from what I've seen. This brings me to the next question, which is if the OTB features on this actually work based on the original SOCOM requirement for the 416. Like if I submerge the rifle until there are no bubbles, close bolt, bring out of water and fire within 2 seconds, will it survive? I'm sure no one on here has tried or will for obvious reasons.
View Quote

The barrels went through some extreme testing with tens of thousands of rounds and met the longevity requirements,  while holding an accuracy edge.  If the stainless holds up, may as well take the improved accuracy too.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#33]
Following all the drama that has been going on with DA and their customer service issues, are you guys still buying Sandman-S cans? I really like the way the "Military Contract" can looks and I have several rifles that already use keymo/keymicro and the hub, just no actual DA cans.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
Following all the drama that has been going on with DA and their customer service issues, are you guys still buying Sandman-S cans? I really like the way the "Military Contract" can looks and I have several rifles that already use keymo/keymicro and the hub, just no actual DA cans.

View Quote

I would avoid them.  I have 3 DA cans and was lucky enough t to sell 2 so far.  So glad to get out of them.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#35]

I would avoid them.  I have 3 DA cans and was lucky enough t to sell 2 so far.  So glad to get out of them.
View Quote

Sent you an IM not sure if it went through.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I thought the FDE Sandman-S Mil Contract cans (the newer ones anyway) were fine, particularly when used with .300 blackout?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
I thought the FDE Sandman-S Mil Contract cans (the newer ones anyway) were fine, particularly when used with .300 blackout?
View Quote
I know of 3 people (including myself) in this thread who's had issues with them lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#38]
It's crazy that sandmans are having problems. They used to be the gold standard for cans that will take anything and have no issues.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I know of 3 people (including myself) in this thread who's had issues with them lol
View All Quotes

I remember the issues with 5.56 (which obviously shouldn't be an issue anyway, given it's a .30 cal can), but what sorts of problems did you guys have running .300 through it? End cap strikes?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone have a source for the DDC SBCH?  Or is everyone running the regular Geissele one?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#41]

I remember the issues with 5.56 (which obviously shouldn't be an issue anyway, given it's a .30 cal can), but what sorts of problems did you guys have running .300 through it? End cap strikes?
View Quote
My key mod mount broke and would no longer get tight enough.  I luckily caught it before anything super bad happened.

took about a 6 weeks to get the replacement part from DA.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#42]
My key mod mount broke and would no longer get tight enough.  I luckily caught it before anything super bad happened.

View All Quotes

The one thing that's weird (to me) about the key mod mount and how the suppressor locks up is that I'm so used to Surefire SOCOM suppressors where you tighten the ring and the latch engages and after that, it doesn't move - you have to press the latch in order to take it off. It has the SLIGHTEST movement when twisting, but it's so minimal it's clearly not an issue, and it's not moving side to side or anything - it's clearly locked up just fine.

With the Dead Air, I'll tighten it up and it's definitely snug - no play at all. But I'm able to twist it (without the locking mechanism moving) so that the notch starts moving away from the locked position. Sort of makes me nervous, but I suppose it's not going to do that anyway unless I actually grip to move it.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and even during firing/movement, the can isn't going to untwist itself (so long as the mount is stable (which it is).

Not sure if that makes any sense, but like I said, I'm just used to Surefire cans and how they engage/lock - this is new to me with Dead Air.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I know I don’t have a substantial amount of rounds through mine, I’m hoping to change that soon since I just retired, but I haven’t had any issues so far.  I’ll be sure to let y'all know if I do.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I've put about 100 rounds of a mix of 7.62 and 6.5CM through my Sandman-S MIL and had no issues, so far. I've put maybe a box of 300blk through the can. That's not a huge round count but was with some higher pressure rounds than 208gr 300blk.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

One can hasn't had any issues. (Granted it's only ever fired subs through it)

The other 17xx mil can had an issue with the endcap constantly spinning off with both subs and supers. This was using their endcap wrench on a vise.
Also, the Keymo mount would only torque down correctly on standard fullsize flash hiders/mb. It will not work on the keymicro mounts. Tightening/loosening the collar did nothing.

DA provided a tighter toleranced cap and I torqued and rocksetted the hell out out of it. Basically turning it into a sealed can.

I'll never buy another DA can or another suppressor with a "modular" endcap.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

It's a dedicated Noveske sim upper with a SOLGW rail on it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondmid003] [#47]
Nope and that's why I raised that question earlier. I was alluding to it being a complete sim upper form what ever company made the rail.

Or just general over thinking and a sim upper rail could've gotten damaged and they just threw on whatever they had as a replacement.
View Quote

It's a Noveske sim upper with a SOLGW rail on it. The gunsmiths put some SOLGW rails on a couple of the sim uppers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#48]
So the Sandman is a maraca waiting to happen and the AAC cans are super limited run with a mounting system that everyone hates? This cloning shit sucks
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 11:05:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#49]
So the Sandman is a maraca waiting to happen and the AAC cans are super limited run with a mounting system that everyone hates? This cloning shit sucks
View Quote

“Everyone” seems like a bit of a generalization. I certainly don’t. What’s to hate? It’s quick and easy to get on/off. Doesn’t carbon lock. Repeatable with minimal POI shift. The flash hider itself is really effective if needing/wanting to shoot unsuppressed. It’s not overly heavy. Mounts are affordable and still manufactured.

I’ve been using them consistently for almost 15 years now and still have great experience with them. 🤷‍♂️

I’d take it every day and two times on Sunday over the garbage key-mo that’s on my Sandman. And I’d pick it over Surefires.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I've got thousands of rounds of 5.56 on my sandman-S Mil contract with no issue. Other than the weight, I'm really happy with it.

We'll see how it holds up to 6 arc next.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top