Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Link to a quality adjustable GB that rings in at ~$50?
View Quote

https://arftac.com/aero-precision-adjustable-gas-block/

And I said, it would be more cost effective in the long run.  Still, even at full price of $65, it's still worth it, IF you need it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Since it’s an SBR, your gas block probably walked. I would check that and if it did, you need to dimple the barrel for your gas block set screws.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Took it to the range after I swapped in a regular off the shelf gas tube & it ran as it should. I contacted BRT to return their tube. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#4]
Thanks for reporting back. Many dont
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad it was an easy fix
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow. Super easy fix. Glad it worked out okay.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a huge difference in gas flow between a standard gas tube and the various flavors of BRT tubes. Many do not realize just how much gas they are shutting off.

I would've thought that letting them choose which tube would've been a safe bet. Obviously not in this instance.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a huge difference in gas flow between a standard gas tube and the various flavors of BRT tubes. Many do not realize just how much gas they are shutting off.

I would've thought that letting them choose which tube would've been a safe bet. Obviously not in this instance.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/1bpo9hetx7ga1_jpg-3286476.JPG
View Quote

That sums it up! No reply from them yet
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#9]
I choke down my gas with the vented set screw they used to sell for much less than a $10 gas tube that they drill a hole in per your specs and charge $60 for. I have less in the dill bit and tap with a few bags of stainless vented set screws to close off my own gas blocks. If it needs more gas, I just drill it out a little at a time till it locks back. Can outfit way more guns than an overpriced gas tube.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
I choke down my gas with the vented set screw they used to sell for much less than a $10 gas tube that they drill a hole in per your specs and charge $60 for. I have less in the dill bit and tap with a few bags of stainless vented set screws to close off my own gas blocks. If it needs more gas, I just drill it out a little at a time till it locks back. Can outfit way more guns than an overpriced gas tube.
View Quote

Agreed. The concept is neat. But $60 a pop is too much. I wonder why other manufactures have not got on these yet. $30 is more reasonable. I'd buy a bunch to try out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ar15ken:

Agreed. The concept is neat. But $60 a pop is too much. I wonder why other manufactures have not got on these yet. $30 is more reasonable. I'd buy a bunch to try out.
View Quote

They probably haven't because the BRT tubes don't work LOL
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

They probably haven't because the BRT tubes don't work LOL
View Quote

They work as intended.

As long as the selected application is configured correctly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#13]

They work as intended.

As long as the selected application is configured correctly.
View Quote

I gave them everything exactly as it is on my rifle. The tube I got did not work. YMMV.

BRT never replied to me. Terrific CS...
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]

I would've thought that letting them choose which tube would've been a safe bet. Obviously not in this case.
View Quote

Originally Posted By RangeToy:

I gave them everything exactly as it is on my rifle. The tube I got did not work. YMMV.

BRT never replied to me. Terrific CS...
View Quote

That's a shame. I've not had anything but positive experiences WITH BRT.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top