Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2010 10:39:24 AM EDT
How many of you have or have used a VLTOR Modstock?  If so, how well do you like it?  Would you recommend it?   I am looking for a stock that has a good cheek weld and Bravo Company has them for $50.  I like the look and feel of the SOPMOD stock, but it is a lot more in price.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I like mine. Can't be beat at that price. Bought it because it lets you mount the sling like a normal M4 stock, which i prefer.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont have the mod stock but I do have the VLTOR EMOD and I love it. Its one of the best stocks out there and I would recomend it
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the quick reply.   I've read where some people had facial hair caught in the area where the batery compartment fits into the stock.   Any problems with this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The Modstock is good to go IMO. The are lightweight, compact have mounting soulotions for your sling. They also have a better cheek weld for me than the CTR. Ymmv there. Some folks will gripe that the seems for the battery compt will catch facial hair. The reason Bravo is selling them so cheap is that the Imod is out. It has a rubber butt pad built in and some differnt texturing on the control surfaces. Pick one up you will like it.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks for the quick reply.   I've read where some people had facial hair caught in the area where the batery compartment fits into the stock.   Any problems with this?

Longest i go without shaving is over a weekend. Haven't had any problems.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]

I have one and like it very much .One of the best deals gping  for a stock in fact I may pick up another for a future project
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone for the replies.  Looks like I will be ordering one.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Facial hair can get caught on the notches where the battery tubes meet the stock body. That said, I have a beard and it hasn't been an issue for me. If it became an issue you could always put down a piece of tape along the length of the stock where the notches meet.

I'm running several modstocks and I like them a lot. I recently took advantage of the deal at BCM and purchased several more for future builds

Here are a couple of mine:
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#9]
they are good to go, ordered one about a month ago and been using it on my SPRish build. The cheek weld is great and you got to have a lot of facial hair to be bothered by the bat. compartment, which you can solve with some tape.

IMO at 50 bucks, get 2.

J
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one when they came out from Bravocompany

I wish I saved my money!

Has play. isnt long enough for a good Check weld shooting NTCH
If only it was a tad longer

2 M'4s
My spare   VLTOR Modstock on Bushmaster lower with LMT M4 upper

My GoTo LMT Defender 2000 M4 came with SOPMOD

The SOPMOD blows it away
Its just the right size

buy the VLTOR EMOD its  a copy of the SOPMOD and way better than the modstock
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Ive gone a few weeks without any problems

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Ive gone a few weeks without any problems

I rock a full beard and use the EMOD with zero problems.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I like mine, got it for $50 on sale from BCM.  I wouldn't pay $100 for one, but for $50 I'm happy with it, no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have no probelm with facial hair on my emod
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I own both the Emod and Modstock, really like and recommend both.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered the stock.  Thanks for all the replies.  Very helpful.  It will go on my first build
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I think you will like it!

I purchased one a couple weeks ago because they were on sale and once I installed it I sold my Magpul MOE and bought another one. The cheek weld is much much better, it has QD sling attachment points, tighter fit than my MOE, and has storage. I am actually installing this one on my AK74 on a VLTOR ak adapter. May order another one for my next build.

I am now running a RRA USGI side sling swivel and CAR hand guards, but you get the idea. Also running a Vickers tac sling.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think you will like it!

I purchased one a couple weeks ago because they were on sale and once I installed it I sold my Magpul MOE and bought another one. The cheek weld is much much better, it has QD sling attachment points, tighter fit than my MOE, and has storage. I am actually installing this one on my AK74 on a VLTOR ak adapter. May order another one for my next build.

I am now running a RRA USGI side sling swivel and CAR hand guards, but you get the idea. Also running a Vickers tac sling.

http://a.imageshack.us/img834/2875/arhanging.jpg

Nice gun
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got the stock in the mail today.  Glad I ordered it.  Very nice stock
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like mine, got it for $50 on sale from BCM.  I wouldn't pay $100 for one, but for $50 I'm happy with it, no complaints.

Same here and I agree $50 is a perfect price for it. I was using mine on the below rifle but swapped the lower for a Cav Arms and I'm now saving the Modstock for my SBR... when I build it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just great stock, still i would have not paid  more than 60-65 bucks for it (thank god for BCM's sale). Now the wait begins for the black EMOD in-stock notification e-mail from BCM, just what my SAM-R needs

J
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I love the Modstaock and the EMOD. I would suggest getting the Viking stock pad for the standard Modstock. Very comfy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, I grow beards every winter, and it will cause you pain when the hair gets long enough.  It hasn't stopped me from buying the stocks, however.  They are damn fine...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I have 2 Modstock's and 1 Clubfoot and like them both.  I will try to get more complete kits if they ever get more in.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love the Modstaock and the EMOD. I would suggest getting the Viking stock pad for the standard Modstock. Very comfy.

Fox, do you have a link for the Viking stock pad? Been trying to find one for my daughter's rifle.

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#26]

My old Modstock on my LMT carbine taken about 5 years ago with some little friends, I also have a clubfoot version and EMOD on my other carbines

Quoted:

You won't get disappointed, I've been enjoying all of mine for quite some time and they're still about the same like when they were new except for some normal wear.

A word of caution for those of you guys that would be using the optional rubber buttpad, when they're not tied down to the stock they could easily loosen and sometimes just falls down to the ground.

I do it most of the time when I transition, the sling swivel and sling pushes the buttpad out of location, just use some kind of strap to avoid any problems.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#27]
The ModStock is head over heels better than the CTR. I have both and wish I had just stuck to the Vltor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I like it quite a bit. While I purchased mine from BCM on clearance, I'd have been happy with it at the regular price.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm kind of partial to the clubfoot.  They are nice stocks.  I just picked up a new production body the other day, which I will have to photograph at some point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top