Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2012 5:16:17 PM EDT
I bought my first stripped down lower from a local gun shop. It is made by Liberty Tactical and I can't find any info on it besides their website. It appears that they are a small company with very little volume of sales. From what I can tell  the one I purchased appears good quality and mil-spec. Additionally, the shop I bought it from uses these for their custom AR builds.

Has anyone had experiance with these recievers? If so, how do they compare next to some of the more well known brands?
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of them. I did find  a website for them.
http://www.libertytactical.com/
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats it, but the only information that I can find.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a link to a thread about them on ARFCOM link

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
as stated by other most lower are manufactured by two or three big manufactures unless a billet lower almost all forged lowers are the same

except for citieria below
finish
out of spec lowers
blemish lowers
fit with uppers
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah I met the guy owns liberty tactical...standard run of mill ffl dealer.... at a gun show couple years ago.....I cant for the life of remember who makes them for him...I picked one up I think I gave him $75 for it......I left it in the safe for almost a year then on black Friday I bought a Del Ton rifle Kit....I figured what the heck I might as well build a kiss rifle....I think I have right at $500 in the gun.....everything fit no problems....works fine ...have maybe 500 rounds downrange......

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
as stated by other most lower are manufactured by two or three big manufactures unless a billet lower almost all forged lowers are the same

finish
out of spec lowers
blemish lowers
fit with uppers

Who are the 3 big manufactures of these lowers that these companies use? It seems that if they mostly come from the same place, the company selling them maybe less relavent.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

finish
out of spec lowers
blemish lowers
fit with uppers

Who are the 3 big manufactures of these lowers that these companies use? It seems that if they mostly come from the same place, the company selling them maybe less relavent.

The forgings are made by 3-4 companies, then machined by the manufacturer or machine shop(s). I know for a fact DSA machines theirs in house.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:03:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There are dozens of companies doing the machining these days.  And the company selling them is the only thing that's relevant.  Afterall, it's made to their specs and they're the one's standing behind their products.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
yeah I met the guy owns liberty tactical...standard run of mill ffl dealer.... at a gun show couple years ago.....I cant for the life of remember who makes them for him...I picked one up I think I gave him $75 for it......I left it in the safe for almost a year then on black Friday I bought a Del Ton rifle Kit....I figured what the heck I might as well build a kiss rifle....I think I have right at $500 in the gun.....everything fit no problems....works fine ...have maybe 500 rounds downrange......
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/SDC10210.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/SDC10211.jpg

How does the finish (Anodizing) look in comparision to other lowers you have seen? Is it a Mil-Spec Finish?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top