Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2014 11:50:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That cap sure does look like it's contacting the handguard. If it is then the FF ceases to be such & therefore needs to be removed. Either way it looks very close & barrel flex might cause the cap to touch the handguard anyway. I would remove it just to be safe.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Take it off.  It serves no useful purpose.  It is cosmetic.  It sure is awfully close.  Metal expands when warm.  if it is not touching now, it may in summer heat.  Most free floats have no cap, not even so-called high end ones.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is not supporting the rail then it is purely cosmetic.  Doesn't matter if its rubbing it or not.  Take it off....leave it...your choice.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrels move around when fired.
It looks pretty close in the pic.
If it starts marking up the end of the tube then I would remove it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have installed several of the DD Omegas on some of my rifles, some I left the cap and others I left. [ you can always go back to the plastic factory hand guards if desired ] Leaving the cap will block debris from getting under the rail, if it was making contact I would remove it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top