Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2015 5:13:23 PM EDT
If I switch to the Magpul SL MOE handguard, can I remount my TLR-2s the same way it's mounted to the original, MagPul MOE hand guard?

Or are there modifications that have to be made?

thnx

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Switch your gas block to a smaller one like an Odin or YHM.  If you go with the MOE SL, (I assume your using carbine length) It adds a 4th slot on the bottom.  Those slots are made for mounting Magpul items, so just grab one of the appropriate sized Magpul rail sections and mount the light there.  Magpul SL handguards are open on top but the 3,6,9 sides are longer only.  Make sure to use your handguard cap behind the gas block so you can put the handguard on the same way yours is mounted now.  You can use your same gas block if you wish to retain your front sight, but the rail may be in the way and need to be trimmed to fit.  Using a low pro gas block will work but you lose your front sight, unless you choose a new gas block with rail on top only, and use a MBUS front sight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Will not work. The MOE SL covers the sling swivel (which must be removed for the SL).
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You could go this route:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/662607_MOE_SL_adopters__how_do_you_like_the_new_furniture_.html&page=3

KZ bayonet lug mount

I just switched a rifle from an original MOE handguard to a new SL handguard and I will say it's a huge improvement.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the solutions

This from Magpul by email:

"Thank you for contacting us.  Unfortunately probably not.  The SL handguard comes farther forward on the bottom of the handguard.  The SL Hand guard must be used with the triangular A2 front sight assembly; other gas blocks are not compatible. Factory sling swivel is not compatible and, if equipped, must be removed from the A2 front sight assembly.

Thank you,

The Magpul Team"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top