Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2015 4:05:05 AM EDT
Hi, I would like to get a Magpul "SL Handguard" and I noticed they have a New "M-LOK" AFG that is much thinner, but I just don't like the look of it personally, being it doesn't have the "cutout/skeleton triangle" on it.

I actually want to put an Original "AFG2" on the SL Handguard, just wondering a few things.

I want to be able to wrap more of my thumb over the top of the handguard (C-Clamp), and with the MOE setup, the handguard, (and Accessory Rail) is much thicker compared the the "SL handguard" and "M-LOK" Rails, so the AFG sits way lower.

One thing I do differently though, instead of fitting my hand in the area under the "AFG2", I normally rest my pinky on the middle rib (which the new one doesn't have) and I wrap the tip of my middle finger around the "Front Lip" of the AFG2 (for support/stability), and then wrap my index finger around the Lower Lip of the MOE Handguard (for stability also and pull using those 2 points) and that way I'm at the front of the handguard (rather than the lower portion of the AFG) and it allows me to get higher on the barrel to get a good "C-Clamp." So I place the AFG2 as far as it will go the the front of the handguard.

I know that's kind of an unusual way to use it (I assume), but I figure I can wrap around the "SL Handguard" better (Just hoping the AFG2 doesn't look unusually huge on the Slim handguard.)

Anyone know how much longer the "Front Lower Lip" of the SL Handguard VS the MOE Handguard???

Wondering because I don't have very long arms my no means so just wondering how much further the AFG2 would be away from me, than it currently is on my "MOE" Setup?? Being the Slim Line handguard extends further and covers the FSB..

Anyone used this "AFG2 setup" on the "Slim-Line Handguard" AND "MOE Handguard" or the NEW AFG2 handguard?

If so, Is the length very noticeable or only a 1-2 inches max if mounted at the front of the Handguard??
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I actually found THIS:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/728090/magpul-m-lok-afg2-adapter-rail-polymer-black

It looks different than any other M-Lok Rails though and seems it was made specifically for the "AFG-2"

Just wondering if this is the best option?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the best option for mounting an AFG to MLOK, Have one on one of my rifles and it works well and is close to the rail.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is the best option for mounting an AFG to MLOK, Have one on one of my rifles and it works well and is close to the rail.
View Quote

I've used that rail with an AFG2, but it just didn't feel right for me on the SL handguard.
I use the AFG on some other rails comfortably.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've used that rail with an AFG2, but it just didn't feel right for me on the SL handguard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if the NEW (M-Lok) AFG would work better?

Just ordered that setup. I have removed my AFG and put an XTM Handstop Kit on it but I had to put my wrist in an uncomfortable position to make it between between the 2 hand stops.

I Like the AFG being the angle is easier on the wrist in my opinion.

Anyone used the NEW one (3rd one in the pic) after using the AFG2, and like it better???

The Only downside is it doesn't have the middle nub, which I use as a handstop for my pinky on the AFG2 being i wrap my finger around the front lip of it to be able to do a comfortable "C-Clamp" grip on the handguard/ thumb over the barrel while using my index finger on the outside lip of the AFG2 for stability, rather than just putting my entire hand inside of it.

I also do not like the LOOK of the NEW "AFG" being it does not have the "Skeleton" cutout in the triangular part like original AFG's, although it looks as if it would work great with the "SL Handguard" being its thinner so may have to experiment.

Ordered the "AFG2- Adapter Rail" that is in the second post from "Midway" so my AFG2 will fit the "SL (Slim Line) handguard" and be "M-lok" compatible, but not sure if the New "M-LOK AFG" will fit on that rail I bought if I decide I want the NEW AFG (3rd one in the pic above).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top