Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2016 9:10:26 PM EDT
I am looking at different options for full ambi lower receivers. Receivers that have both bolt catch and release on the right side. The receivers that I am aware of are: LWRC, LMT, ADM UIC, and Falkor Defense. Are there any that I am missing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
AeroPrecision has a lower with a catch/release on both side.
I like mine so far, though I have yet to complete the build its apart of.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
KAC (Knight's Armament Co) - KAC "invented" the ambi lower AFAIK. At least they've been selling them for several years.
SanTan Tactical (STT-15)

I have both. My STT-15 mag catch was a bit flaky, owner sent me a new one and I replaced it myself (he offered to pay for return shipping but I'm a engineer, so....). Never had an issue with either of my KAC lowers. Will Form 1 one of my lowers this month, not sure which one.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got a San Tan Tactical a couple months ago. This is the best I've come across, and it doesn't hurt that their an hour away.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC (Knight's Armament Co) - KAC "invented" the ambi lower AFAIK. At least they've been selling them for several years.

SanTan Tactical (STT-15)

I have both. My STT-15 mag catch was a bit flaky, owner sent me a new one and I replaced it myself (he offered to pay for return shipping but I'm a engineer, so....). Never had an issue with either of my KAC lowers. Will Form 1 one of my lowers this month, not sure which one.

View Quote

KAC doesn't have the bolt catch, only the release.
ETA: I think the ADM is dead sexy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

SanTan Tactical (STT-15)

View Quote

Both of those have ambi releases however you can't lock them back from the right side. I have a KAC SR15 and I very well may form 1 that but I want to make sure I am not overlooking something I might like better. This may be my last form 1 for quite some time. Just got a stamp back today on a basic PSA lower.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SanTan Tactical (STT-15)

ADM is dead sexy. They were sold out in no time when I got the in stock notification the other day. Now they only have matched sets but I really only want a lower. Hmm
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ADM is dead sexy. They were sold out in no time when I got the in stock notification the other day. Now they only have matched sets but I really only want a lower. Hmm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SanTan Tactical (STT-15)

FORM 1 ALL THINGS
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
The ADM UIC lower is the best one out right now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#10]
CMT has one also.  I personally don't have one "yet", but the looks and price are both good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
AXTS had a nice one but they no longer sell just the lower, you have to purchase a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm semi-tempted to get another one, except in the upper/lower set.

I put a SR-15 E3 URX3 rifle length upper on my ADM UIC duty series lower with the Knight's non-adjustable trigger, SOPMOD, and KAC L/R end plate.

I'm sort of wanting to build a gun off their red distressed upper/lower/handguard set but I'm out of ideas right now

When I had my M&P10, I noted how much I liked having a fully ambi 308 as well.

It's what started me on the hunt for the a decently priced 5.56 lower and by recommendations of my friend CastorTroy, I jumped on it.

The ADMs are really good for the money.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

FORM 1 ALL THINGS
View Quote

Listen to this man, he speaks truth...

I've literally never seen anyone obsess over the absence of a bolt catch on the right side of a lower. If your OCD is that bad, you're gonna end up in the basement with a caliper measuring all your factory ammo to make sure every round is exactly 2.260" long.

I was thiis close to buying an AXTS lower when they went all high brow and started selling complete rifles only... Went with SanTan instead.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I put a SR-15 E3 URX3 rifle length upper on my ADM UIC duty series lower with the Knight's non-adjustable trigger, SOPMOD, and KAC L/R end plate.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1472/24485417064_ca37bcec46_h.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1531/24489231443_31517a85bc_h.jpg

I'm sort of wanting to build a gun off their red distressed upper/lower/handguard set but I'm out of ideas right now

It's what started me on the hunt for the a decently priced 5.56 lower and by recommendations of my friend CastorTroy, I jumped on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1472/24485417064_ca37bcec46_h.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1531/24489231443_31517a85bc_h.jpg

I love that KAC build. One of your posts was how I found out about the ADM lower receivers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've literally never seen anyone obsess over the absence of a bolt catch on the right side of a lower. If your OCD is that bad, you're gonna end up in the basement with a caliper measuring all your factory ammo to make sure every round is exactly 2.260" long.

I was thiis close to buying an AXTS lower when they went all high brow and started selling complete rifles only... Went with SanTan instead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FORM 1 ALL THINGS

I had an LWRC that had the right side bolt catch. It was a feature I really appreciated. I currently have both a KAC SR15 and a Rainier Arms billet ultra match that have ambi bolt release without the bolt catch. Thanks for bashing a feature that I know I appreciate... I guess I am off to my non-existant Florida basement with TWO sets of digital calipers to measure my rounds. After all my OCD won't be comforted with merely one measurement  
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you Trey.

I'm pretty certain the chosen optic for that gun is going to be some kind of 1-4 unless I find an incredible deal on another Aimpoint CompC3/M3/ML3 or H2/T2.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I didn't see Spikes Gen 2 posted.

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 1:39:22 AM EDT
[#18]
LMT MARS is now out as well.

Not sure how available they are at this time.

LMT MARS lower - out of stock

Article on the MARS system
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Doesn't appear to have a bolt hold open----just a release on the right.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Having a bolt hold open on the right side of the receiver is far more beneficial than a RH bolt release IMNSHO.

Also, if you want a TRUE full ambi lower, there are only a few out there.

The overwhelming majority of lowers that are advertised as "full ambi", are not.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#21]
The ONLY true ambi lower I know of are the Falkor (SI-D) lowers
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

DO WANT. Thanks for that heads up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

POF gen4 is. It's treated me well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are a few others. LWRC, LMT, ADM, POF to name a few.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that were full ambi.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that were full ambi.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Get yourself a ambi charging handle on that kac rifle. Not as good as a right hand bolt hold open, but you can still lock the bolt back without unshouldering the rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top