Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2016 8:04:02 PM EDT
Just want to see how they look mounted up. Feel free to chime in with opinions on this rail. Being DD I have no doubt of the quality but it never hurts to ask.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a carbine, but middy. I liked it a lot. They're really slim and comfortable handguards.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not a carbine, but middy. I liked it a lot. They're really slim and comfortable handguards.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1449/24226324722_b9a21116d7_k.jpg
View Quote

Thats more like it thanks. I have a hard time visualizing how it installs as a freefloat whith the delta ring and all that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Free float just means it doesn't act upon the barrel in any way. In this case, it installs much like a standard handguard in the rear, clamping on to the barrel nut, and then it is tightened down against it with set screws. It doesn't touch the barrel, or lock up to anything up front, so the barrel is floated. They are very nice rails, even with all of the options available today.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Free float just means it doesn't act upon the barrel in any way. In this case, it installs much like a standard handguard in the rear, clamping on to the barrel nut, and then it is tightened down against it with set screws. It doesn't touch the barrel, or lock up to anything up front, so the barrel is floated. They are very nice rails, even with all of the options available today.
View Quote
I understand what a floated or free floated barrel is but I just never used anything that did not install direct to the barrel nut.  This seems like a good option for someone who has a standard rifle that doesnot want to cut off the delta ring and all that.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a pic but if you google it, you will find a ton of them.

I've had a few of them over the years and still have one on my M4 and I love it. If you need a 2 piece drop in rail and don't want to cut or remove the delta ring, these are the best IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top