Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/8/2011 8:00:48 PM EDT
I am building a dpms lr-308 and am looking for a handguard that I could move the rails around on, you know like a custimizable frre float tube.  Any way its gotta be rifle length because I am using an adjustable gas block.  Any body got suggestions or pics?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Here

Rails aren't adjustable.

Here's one that has plenty of railage, but requires different barrel nut and is expensive.
Here

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
PRI has a carbon fiber fore arm you can put rails where you need them. JP also makes one as well. Its a slimmer version, much like the AR15 one they make. It may be the exact same style, just different barrel nuts?

MagPul handguards will work as well. Not free floated, but can add rails for lights, or a bipod.

Armalite sells an aluminum tube that can be fixed with rails. Not sure if it will work on a DPMS, but im sure there are others with the same concept.

Brownells is carrying alot of stuff oriented around the DPMS pattern.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Troy 308 TRX extreme

JP rifles free float tube

Both rails will do exactly what you want. Troy will be your best price and lightest weight
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Troy 308 TRX extreme

Both rails will do exactly what you want. Troy will be your best price and lightest weight

+1...this was what my response was going to be.  I have used them both extensively, and they are both great handguards.

Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Fulton Armory has a tube with modular rail sections that can be moved around.
Fulton Armory handguard by YHM
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for JP

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
JP 15.5 308 handguard.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Apex CNC has one, also.  This one might go on my next .308.

Link to the company:
http://www.apexcncmachine.com/store.php
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Decided on the Troy TRX rail.  I should have the package this week
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Troy 308 TRX extreme

+ 1,000,000.

I will never buy anything else ever again. I have them on 5 rifles. PM me if you want a troy barrel nut installation tool for $10 shipped. They put one in every handgaurd set and I have too many!

Light, ease of install and removal, durable, well priced, small OD tube allows ease of handling and carry. There is only one other handguard that comes in second place.

but this one is more expensive if you add the rails. This tube is ever so slightly easier on the hands in terms of roughness over the troy and has a unique pattern. I own one of these as well.

Apex Handguard
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Here is the PRI on my SASS.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top