Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2013 9:33:35 AM EDT
I've seen plenty of 7" rails, but I'm looking for a 4" pistol length rail with an internal diameter larger than 1.5". Any suggestions? I've seen the YHM mini, and that should work, but I'm not too thrilled by it's looks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering that the shortest barrel I have seen is a 7.5" and the shorest useful can I have seen is 5", why so short?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've seen plenty of 7" rails, but I'm looking for a 4" pistol length rail with an internal diameter larger than 1.5". Any suggestions? I've seen the YHM mini, and that should work, but I'm not too thrilled by it's looks.
View Quote

Guess I can't help... I bought the 4" YHM because I liked the way it looked... then again, I've got the 7.5 inch barrel, plus a folding front sight/gas block.

But just how short a barrel are you thinking of, 2 1/2 inch?

Link Posted: 8/7/2013 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
9mm ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up getting the YHM Mini

It's actually going to be a .22 pistol build with a 7" barrel (so actually 5.5" of exposed barrel). I'm not putting a real can on there (California), but rather a chopped barrel shroud. Something to the effect of these:

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
talk about spray and pray.  what do you do w/ that besides shoot at a huge stack of cans 10' away?
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
talk about spray and pray.  what do you do w/ that besides shoot at a huge stack of cans 10' away?
View Quote

Not really seeing the problem here
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of folks seem to think that because there isn't 11 or more inches of barrel, that the projectile will suddenly begin arcing (or maybe making right angle course changes?) as soon as it leaves the barrel. Obviously this isn't the case, but the obvious, isn't always so obvious to all.... obviously.
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#8]
That looks like fun to me!
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 4" .22 from TACCOM that shoots just fine.
Dave N
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top