Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/13/2013 3:58:24 AM EDT
Anyone find a good AR pistol bag that does not scream.......Weapon?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Tennis bag. My 10.5 inch pistol Ar will fit You don't even have to disassemble and can fit with a 30 rounder in there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to walmart and get a Wilson Tennis racket holder for $14. My 10.3 inch pistol fits very nicely.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a Tennis item but worth a look:

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/m4-pistol-pdw-covert-carry-bag.aspx
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

May not "scream" firearm, but still "suggests" firearm IMO, just because it's an odd shape and size that isn't common and doesn't suggest anything else

At the least makes folks curious as to just what the hey is in the thing, seems to me.

- OS
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
May not "scream" firearm, but still "suggests" firearm IMO, just because it's an odd shape and size that isn't common and doesn't suggest anything else

At the least makes folks curious as to just what the hey is in the thing, seems to me.

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

- OS
I have one of those that I use for my Carbine, its actually a little big for an AR pistol IMO. I have had someone ask me if it was "camping equipment" (yeah, sure, its a tent ), but thats the only comment about it Ive gotten. I really like it.

My 10.5" is in a 26" TAC Force TTS case from Amazon. standard OD green rectangle. Doesn't necessarily scream "gun", I know a few people who use them for stuff like band equipment. But it is kindof obvious.

If I break the 10.5 apart it fits nicely in a standard backpack. Im using a 5.11 Rush 24 pack that doubles as my hiking backpack. I threw a piece of packing foam in there that acts like a spacer between the upper and lower so they don't rub when the pack is pulling AR duty. Can be assembled in about 30 seconds or less, long as you dont pull the upper out of the bag the wrong way and pull your BCG out of the upper by mistake

Currently building a 5.5" 9mm build that will be 20" overall length, that should fit in a backpack assembled. 5.11 has a "select carry sling" backpack that will fit a 7.5" AR or below very nicely, but a bit expensive. I see one in my distant future.

Cheapest route is still a tennis bag. I do love my 5.11 stuff though. I may be a sucker
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The Blackhawk covert bags were about $35 on dvor.com the other day.  They look like a tennis racket bag and come in blue/white and red/white color configurations.        

Link Posted: 11/16/2013 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
this is a great case. with one exception, no straps inside.
Even so, I often take two carbines broken down with 4 mags in it.
It fits my 10.5 pistol with a mag in the well and and eotech mounted

$27
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
went back a bit to find this but thought it would be worth it to add. Im thinkokg of getting the UTG one for my pistol

Found these 2 cases that look perfect for a low profile ar pistol or sbr bag

UTG Alpha Battle Carrier sling pack

Covert Rifle Bag CBR Small ( larger available)
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I found one that I really like and doesn't stands out yet it has tons of pockets for many accessories, and you can get many different sizes.....the one below is 25" W

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I found one that I really like and doesn't stands out yet it has tons of pockets for many accessories, and you can get many different sizes.....the one below is 25" W

UTG Gun case, dual storage, adjustable shoulder strap

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71BwrzM%2BHhL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61qnbT84YRL._SL1500_.jpg

View Quote

I have that same UTG bag. Used it when I was on the ERT.
I've had it for about 8 years now. Still holding up just fine.

Dave N
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Baseball bat bag, works well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I keep my mp15-22 in this same case well the larger version but has held up great.  Another reason I'm looking at the other use bag.  They actually make some decent stuff.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dave N
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave N
Great and thanks, now you have helped me make my mind up......

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I keep my mp15-22 in this same case well the larger version but has held up great.  Another reason I'm looking at the other use bag.  They actually make some decent stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great and thanks, now you have helped me make my mind up......

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#16]
My 7.5 inch AR pistol works with this.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My 7.5 inch AR pistol works with this.

View Quote

If I see someone that has one of these strapped I am going the other way

I like it though...but I think I rather have COVRT M4 Shorty....

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Both my pistols fit nicely in the Covert bag from the ARFcom store.  10.5' 300BLK and 7.5" 5.56, they were on sale during black Friday.  Very well padded case that doesn't scream gun.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Check this out.  It's for diving holds up to 28in fins oooor an AR pistol
http://www.leisurepro.com/M/Product/Details?sku=AKNBSBN&categoryId=1051&fromProduct=True&parentParentCategoryId=965
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a Blackhawk bag  similar to the UTG bag a few post up, which I throw in to a large Samsonite suitcase  I got off craigslist for $10.   It's large enough to put two ammo cans and the bag.   I leave the house with the suitcase and upon arrival at  my destination  I open the suitcase and set up, everthing is contained in one whole unit
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I think this bag is pretty cool.....not bad for the price too...  LINK

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Those specialty bags are great BUT, as was the point in the original post, they look like gun bags! And if not gun bags then some other sort of expensive specialty/custom device or instrument. That makes them just as attractive a target for thieves. I DO NOT EVER leave weapons anywhere that they could be taken, but I think the original thought was what type of carry bag would be the least interesting if viewed laying on the back seat of a car parked in the walmart shopping center. For that a cheesy tennis bag with a can of balls next to it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
A padded ukulele bag works just fine and can be had for $20 on eBay.  They make them in "tenor" size (26" - say for a 10.5" barrel), and "concert" size (23" - more like 7.5" barrel).  Get the thickest padding to reduce printing.  Some of them even have dual shoulder straps like a backpack.

It's great camo - nobody wants to hear you play your ukulele.  Tell any fool hipster who asks that you just started taking lessons.  That should end the conversation.

I still wouldn't leave it in plain sight in a car.  A crackhead will steal anything.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

$99?! Not in this lifetime. I don't see what all the fuss is about, an AR pistol will fit in most backpacks if you are concerned about being covert. Or the $15 tennis bag. And that ridiculous 5.11 messenger bag? Man if I ever saw someone with one of those I would run. They either work private security or are a mall ninja. Either way I want to be nowhere they are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Thanks for the link...I just ordered one.  I hope it does what I'm looking for and lasts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Gander mountain had one of the blackhawk tennis racquet bags for $65.  Looked like a nice bag but I didn't care for it. After Xmas I am going to order that utg one.

Probably shouldn't have gone with a 11.5in barrel if I was concerned about concealing it
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]

I just received my bag shown above and my Pistol 24" fits perfect inside along with 6 30 rounds mags & 4 handgun mags.  The best part about this bag is it's made well that it doesn't look like a gun bag & it doesn't feel heavy with the Pistol & loaded mags
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I too got this and my 7.5" pistol fits nicely.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had the Blackhawk! faux tennis bag for about a month and love it.  What it has that a 3-racquet tennis bag doesn't is a hard center divider and hard-ish sides to keep the contents from printing.  But the thing doesn't look hard-sided.  The center divider is handy if you break down a rifle.  Upper goes on one side, lower on the other and still room for sling and a couple extra magazines.  My 7.75-barrelled pistol fits on one side with plenty of room to spare.

Not a perfect disguise but if you are going to the range a lot your neighbors will be a lot less jumpy when they don't see you carrying rifle cases in and out of the house every couple of days.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I use one of the cases I bought from the store here on ar15.com w/ my AR pistols.  Works well and holds up to my 12.5" pistols assembled.   I change the velcro straps depending on what I've got in it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Go to walmart and get a Wilson Tennis racket holder for $14. My 10.3 inch pistol fits very nicely.
View Quote

$10 at Target.  Maybe spend a bit more and get one that is padded/partitioned.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Ditto Wilson tennis bag from WM. Works great, all my neighbors think I have taken up tennis now :-)
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I got a Ektelon racketball bag from Academy for $25. It is padded and has a partition. Lower receiver on one side, upper on on the other. Small mesh pocket for two 30 round Pmags. Works perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've had the Blackhawk! faux tennis bag for about a month and love it.  What it has that a 3-racquet tennis bag doesn't is a hard center divider and hard-ish sides to keep the contents from printing.  But the thing doesn't look hard-sided.  The center divider is handy if you break down a rifle.  Upper goes on one side, lower on the other and still room for sling and a couple extra magazines.  My 7.75-barrelled pistol fits on one side with plenty of room to spare.

Not a perfect disguise but if you are going to the range a lot your neighbors will be a lot less jumpy when they don't see you carrying rifle cases in and out of the house every couple of days.
View Quote

Totally concur with this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

If that's what one is worried about then best to find anything that throw them off, backpack works the best in that situation.

For those that park their vehicles in the garage should not have any issue since neighbors can't see what you are loading in/out of your vehicles.....but if one have non-gun/rifle bag (obvious) type then all is well.

The bag I went with looks more like a violin bag like the one my daughter has, very similar so for my nosy neighbors they think I am taking up violin now....

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought a Wilson tennis bag and a cheap tennis racquet. It holds the shape and if the bag is slightly open the tennis racquet is visible.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got a Ektelon racketball bag from Academy for $25. It is padded and has a partition. Lower receiver on one side, upper on on the other. Small mesh pocket for two 30 round Pmags. Works perfectly.
View Quote

Have a picture of your setup?

lol is it this one... "play with fire"
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I remember years ago, my friend had a photo studio in the middle of my capital city. I had a few stripper friends that needed photos done.
This was during the Patty Hearst time frame. I've always played guitar. I stuffed a Thompson Carbine in a guitar case no ammo walked it from
a parking garage through the middle of the city, plus a large photo bag, I still can't find those slides to this day. I think the wife tossed them out.
Never try that today. Stripper looked way better than PH.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top