Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 25
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By carbineone1964:
Do not hear much..But they are are being sold again..So they are OK now..And I think that decision is being appealed to the SCOTUS so we wait...I am certain Garland will lose there..I am doubtful the SCOTUS will even hear the case or the ATF decides to just drop it and let it go.. Only question is, what happens on the Amnesty registered ones..
View Quote

The approvals say "conditional" so I expect that they will again become "pistols" if those conditions no longer exist.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

The approvals say "conditional" so I expect that they will again become "pistols" if those conditions no longer exist.
View Quote
What about those that put stocks on their newly minted and approved SBR's?  They are no longer configured as pistols anymore.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By keith13b:
What about those that put stocks on their newly minted and approved SBR's?  They are no longer configured as pistols anymore.
View Quote

It's gonna be a shit show.  The approvals specifically say "conditional" as I understand it.  I didn't play the game so I have no dog in the race.

I knew it wasn't going to hold water in court.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:38:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lw007] [#6]
https://www.ammoland.com/2023/11/federal-judge-stays-entire-atf-pistol-brace-rule/

On Nov. 8, 2023, a Texas-based Federal District Court judge issued a nationwide stay preventing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) from enforcing its rule on pistols equipped with stabilizing devices (2021R-08F).

Recently, I talked with an AZ DPS Ranger who confirmed that a "pistol" with an arm brace is not considered an SBR as the above stay stops the rule from being enforced, nationwide.

Has anyone been recently confronted by local, state, or federal law enforcement officers for having an arm brace on an AR-15 "pistol"?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Has ATF been working on any submissions since the original stay was issued?

I have submissions still pending from May of last year.

They still show up in my E-Forms account, but they are neither approved or denied.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigHunt:
Has ATF been working on any submissions since the original stay was issued?

I have submissions still pending from May of last year.

They still show up in my E-Forms account, but they are neither approved or denied.
View Quote

Word is, they stopped all activity due to the injunction.  I have a sneaky feeling it will stay that way for a while, perhaps indefinitely.  A lesson via Roe v Wade, there is a lot that they could lose by appealing further, and they have other battles to fight.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Been out of the AR pistol game for awhile. Since this nationwide "stay" ruling thing, is it ok to sell my pistols with braces that I don't need?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Yes.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Breaking news from FPC:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
BRACE RULE IS DEAD!

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok hear me out. Who would trade making bump stocks illegal if in exchange SBRs and suppressors were removed from the purview of the NFA?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]
So, for those with two “free” Form 1s pending, cancel them or just let them die naturally?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fire4effect69:
Ok hear me out. Who would trade making bump stocks illegal if in exchange SBRs and suppressors were removed from the purview of the NFA?
View Quote

On principle, I’d say fuck no. I don’t own nor do I have any interest in owning a bumpstock. But that’s not a valid reason to say they should be banned just because I don’t have skin in the bumpstock game. Eventually they’ll come after something I do care about. Besides, if you give a mouse a cookie….

However, thinking practically, I’d make that trade.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Personally IDGAF for bump stocks, but on principle I say helles NO

Give an inch, they take a mile.  Be happy you can have a brace on your pistol and do with it what you wish.

Suppressors were inches away from being removed from the NFA and then Mandalay Bay happened and scared off what little DFL support there was.

We need a suppressor test case to challenge the constitutionality.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember the last time we compromised?..This is what our representatives got for us !  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Rlett4:
Remember the last time we compromised?..This is what our representatives got for us !  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160387/IMG_6183_jpeg-3241625.JPG
View Quote

And NRA was just a bunch of FUDD "sportsmen", then and now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Personally IDGAF for bump stocks, but on principle I say helles NO

Give an inch, they take a mile.  Be happy you can have a brace on your pistol and do with it what you wish.

Suppressors were inches away from being removed from the NFA and then Mandalay Bay happened and scared off what little DFL support there was.

We need a suppressor test case to challenge the constitutionality.
View Quote

Thats where I was going with my statement. The only hope as I see it to get anything removed from the NFA at this point is throwing the other side a bone. Hell, I can't afford the ammo to burn for a bump stock and honestly, I scratched the full auto itch when Uncle Sugar was buying it for me in the military. I would love a favorable SCOTUS ruling on suppressors but that'll be long time coming with a real chance the court makeup could change.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Thats where I was going with my statement. The only hope as I see it to get anything removed from the NFA at this point is throwing the other side a bone. Hell, I can't afford the ammo to burn for a bump stock and honestly, I scratched the full auto itch when Uncle Sugar was buying it for me in the military. I would love a favorable SCOTUS ruling on suppressors but that'll be long time coming with a real chance the court makeup could change.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I don't see them compromising on anything with the current state of affairs in DC.  It's all TAKE, TAKE, TAKE, no give.

Few on the left know or care to know what a suppressor actually does and doesn't do.  They are like a snake, the body follows the head, no questions asked.

The Courts are the only hope anymore, sadly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Rlett4:
Remember the last time we compromised?..This is what our representatives got for us !  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160387/IMG_6183_jpeg-3241625.JPG
View Quote

Time is retarded. The Gun Control Act was 1968, not 1938. With its passing, it repealed the Federal Firearms Act of 1938. The GCA of 1968 is what created the FFL system and essentially ended mail order firearms. That whole excerpt from Time is just fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#23]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Time is retarded. The Gun Control Act was 1968, not 1938. With its passing, it repealed the Federal Firearms Act of 1938.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Time is retarded. The Gun Control Act was 1968, not 1938. With its passing, it repealed the Federal Firearms Act of 1938.
GCA amended and repealed the FFA so it was its replacement.
Yeah, Time got the name wrong there.

The GCA of 1968 is what created the FFL system and essentially ended mail order firearms. That whole excerpt from Time is just fucking stupid.
FFA created and mandated FFLs in 1938. They weren't a thing before 1938.

From Google: The Federal Firearms Act of 1938 (FFA) imposed a federal license requirement on gun manufacturers, importers, and those persons in the business of selling firearms.

GCA '68 made it where buyers had to receive transfer of firearms from an FFL within their own state (unless those buyers are cops or other FFLs). It also created the C&R FFL for personal acquisitions since the old mail-order stuff was otherwise cut off.

It also restricted NFA imports, limiting them for government sales only, and added the new NFA category of DDs. (I can't remember when AOWs were added, so someone help me out if you know please). GCA 1968 also clarified that MG receivers are MGs all by themselves, and added "parts or collections of parts" specifically designed as conversion devices to the MG definition as well. The only good thing GCA did was to re-define rifles as SBRs when the barrel goes under 16" as opposed to <18" as it had previously been (except for the 16" exception they had previously added in the late 1930s for .22 LR).

They also had the famous amnesty registration program, mainly due to all those war trophy (DEWATs) they had now re-defined into being MGs due to their intact receivers, but they also let people register everything (even if it was stolen from the US government). Of course, just like today, a lot of people chose not to register anything.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Unfortunately, I don't see them compromising on anything with the current state of affairs in DC.  It's all TAKE, TAKE, TAKE, no give.

Few on the left know or care to know what a suppressor actually does and doesn't do.  They are like a snake, the body follows the head, no questions asked.

The Courts are the only hope anymore, sadly.
View Quote
This. Never voluntarily give anything when it comes to gun rights; anti gunners will never 'compromise' in the way normal, rational people do.

Celebrate these brace and bumpstock rulings for the massive legal victories they are. And keep supporting organizations like GOA and the FPC, who are proactively filing these type of lawsuits which win our natural rights back through legal proceedings.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
My understanding is that original gun control of 1934 was initially intended for handguns.  During the political wrangling, the barrel length restriction (18" for both shotgun and rifles) was also added because they figured people would saw them off to get around the handgun restrictions.  By the time the act was voted in, handguns had been removed completely, but the barrel length restrictions remained.

Fast forward, and the rifle barrel length was amended to 16" after the government sold over a quarter million surplus M1 carbines to John Q. Public and realized they had 16" barrels, so the rifle length changed as a result.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Bumpstocks would be  silly hill to die on, but this vacating the pistol brace rule is massive.  Good deal.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:27:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#27]
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#28]
No thank you,
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Is the ATF appealing the final rule in mock v Garland?
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By tr6r:
Is the ATF appealing the final rule in mock v Garland?
View Quote

Haven't heard anything yet.  I think it could be a mistake if they did, as they might stand to lose a lot more than they might gain.  Braces and AR's are well into common use and the court has been handing down a lot of 2A favorable decisions of late.  If AFT contends there is no difference between a brace and a stock, it could be decided that SBR restrictions in general are no longer valid and are in violation of the constitution.  Look what happened to R v W....
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Haven't heard anything yet.  I think it could be a mistake if they did, as they might stand to lose a lot more than they might gain.  Braces and AR's are well into common use and the court has been handing down a lot of 2A favorable decisions of late.  If AFT contends there is no difference between a brace and a stock, it could be decided that SBR restrictions in general are no longer valid and are in violation of the constitution.  Look what happened to R v W....
View Quote

Getting rid of the SBR restriction would be awesome as I've harped on. It's been a dumb restriction all along. That said with the smack down of Chevron I'm curious where the ATF is willing to commit resources now, especially where prosecutions are concerned. Depending on circumstances makes a court challenge more likely IMHO. Hopefully they'll throw everything against gang bangers and their Glock Switches and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Hopefully they'll throw everything against gang bangers and their Glock Switches and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
View Quote

I want a glock switch too though :(
Page / 25
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top