Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2007 8:35:58 PM EDT
I’m looking for a 4X20 or 4x21 scope to mount on my XM177ish  9mm carbine. These are the scopes that I’m looking at:

Hakko 4x21 AR-15 Scope

Hakko Illuminated 4x21 AR-15 Scope

Barska 4x20 Electro Sight Scope

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Any input?
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried the Barska--it was pretty crude, no click adjustments in the turrets. I just didn't like it, so I returned it to Cabelas.
Next, I ordered the Hakko from CDNN. This is a fine scope. Precise adjustments, and, once you zero the windage, you can finger adjust it on the fly. Excellent optics. A true bargain.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...I ordered the Hakko from CDNN. This is a fine scope...

Did you get the standard model or the illuminated model?
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The Hakko is a good scope, equal in quality to my Colt 4X scope but wiht some nice product improved features.

The windage is externally adjustable in 1/2 MOA clicks and the BDC is very well regulated to M193 ball out to 500 yards (55 grain FMJ at 3250 fps.)

The standard duplex reticle makes a pretty good range finder with 30 inches @ 100 yards bewteen the step in the verticle post and the crosshair.  

Both the hakko 4x21 scopes I bought from CDNN have very repeatable adjustments and return to zero well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 Hakko
Barska isn't even in the same class
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going with a Hakko!
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The Hakko is a far better scope than the Barska. It's a quality product made in Japan (contrary to some, who believe it's Chinese manufactured). I have the unlit version and am very pleased with it. For the price CDNN is asking it is a true bargain as amd6547 said.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#8]
On this board someone mentioned that Hakko was out of business.  Is that true?
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
anyone ever remove the rings/handle mount from these, and put them in a regular scope mount for a flattop?

Rgarding the 'the brand', Hakko:  I don't know what the real status of  Hakko, the business is, but I know they did not often make stuff with their own name on it in the past 20 years. They offered some things, but a huge product line. It was mostly OEM'ing for others, like Colt.

These days I don't know that they actually make anything themselves, versus design things, and contracting them out. Hakko stuff could be good japanese stuff by Optical Light Works, or could be chinese or pacific rim made like the BSA's, Barskas, or other complete junk...

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top