Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:51:25 PM EDT
Came here about a yr ago. looking for a "bit" of info on the XM177E2 (ONLY), I'm a Soviet collector mind you LOL!, got loads of great info, met a ton of VERY nice, knowledgeable & friendly people who've helped me tremendously (of course now I know what your plans were all along!!!!!), great vendors, sellers & some real artisans for good work & products, was WARNED about RBRD, & paid no mind (familiar M1sniper? LOL), this has what RBRD has done to me, so far!

Colt 601, NDS lower, heatNbeat sight wheel, everything else is original 601 Colt (auto parts modified to semi of course!)
XM16E1, late 65-66 era, same as above
M16A1, 72 production, same as above!
M16A1, 1989 era rework w/replacement DK upper w/deflector & SAK replacement barrel
M16A2, Gulf war era  (yeah I know, NOT retro, sorry)
M16A4, now war era (same comments apply)
By the way, for new readers here the first 5 were all built, then disassembled & completely reassembled w/corrections via the advice, info etc provided by numerous great people on this forum!!!!, thanks (I think hahaha)

Here's the 'retro" rifles w/"correct" bayonets as listed above
601 w/early Colt 601 bayonet
XM16E1 w/initial military contract Milpar M7
72 era M16A1 w/Conetta M7
89 era rebuilt M16A1 w/post VN mfg Ontario M7 & M10 plastic scabbard

Left side view of the above 4 rifles showing the replicated markings (NOT EXACT duplicates but close enough, for our forum "watchdogs"), there's better close-ups in the album linked to at the bottom, the selector markings on all have been duplicated as have the sear pin holes (of course they're NOT holes, they're simply engraved markings!)

These are the carbine portion of my RBRD
Model 605, NDS lower & upper (uppers had a little work done to make it a bit more accurate), all original Colt parts as above, no drain HG's, all ready for the barrel which is a correct M VP which 45Bravo has right now
Model 607, same as above, including Colt 1/12 barrel (w/45Bravo also) ready to together as soon as the barrel & BATF paperwork arrive!
XM177E2 (which started it all!), all original Colt, Colt 1/12 SP1 carbine barrel, done by 45Bravo, this 1 was also built, then disassembled & rebuilt/corrected!
M4 carbine, made from a 6920 w/an original M4 barrel, 14.5" which has had an extended A2 FH permanently fixed for legal length

LINK TO MORE PICS: http://imageevent.com/willyp/firearmsalbums/uscoltarmalitem16ar15556/m16replicacollectiongroup
Hope this may "inspire" some hahahah!, let the info & corrections fly!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you got it bad. Nice looking collection

GVS
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!
I've been waiting for you to post the post-engraving pictures.
Gotta call my wife and tell her I'll be working late tonight...I got some pictures to look at!

BTW, are you a profesional photographer?
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, Son of a Bitch!

I have some catching up to do!
I'm actually building the rifle I carried in the Army right now, it's a retro 1990 M16A2  
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well Done Soldier!! Hey,your 602 barrell will be a complete rifle hopefully soon,,I'll try to duplicate your "breakdown" pics as seen on your site and send you pics of all the parts then the final assembed piece to add to your site!
Thanks for these pics,,and thanks for your attention to detail on your site as it is fantastic reference to us all!!!!
ETA for anyone not knowing why he made reference to me in the OP,,it's because I came here a year ago ONLY to  try to "correct" my car15 to make it look more like an XM177E2,,just as he did..Yea,I caught the disease while waiting for my 45bravo'ed barrel to return.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Wha... no 653 clone to go with the other carbines?  ...j/k

Very Nice collection you have there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I just drooled on my keyboard..........

Wow!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice family you got there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#9]
That is outstanding!The green bayonet is worth as much as my 601 build.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Although some here might not like the A2's because the might not be retro enough, I think they look perfectly correct with your collection. I like that you have done builds covering all eras. Nice job.

Doc
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Although some here might not like the A2's because the might not be retro enough, I think they look perfectly correct with your collection. I like that you have done builds covering all eras. Nice job.

Doc

No one likes them damned A2's
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Really nice.  It almost makes me sorry I sold 10 of my retro AR's in the last year...
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW!! That is a great collection. Congrats
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful work for only one year!

Is that XM177 an SBR or did 45Bravo make it 16 inches? Looks great to my eyes!
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Most excellent
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Hold on guys, The A2 and the A4 will be retro soon enough. I have a friend who just graduated Marine corps Boot camp and he said the Marines are losing the full rifle length m16A4 in favor of the M4. my jaw hit the floor when he told me that to be honest. So in a little while they will be retro

But nice collection. I am offcially envious.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#17]
You need a 653 and 727 in between the XM and the M4 and I would think I was looking at the ID guide
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#18]
... damn.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks much for the kind words, appreciate it!, Tex, professional photog, hahaha!, I wish, I'm a retired cop armed w/a digital camera & a set of lights, along w/some "shaky" hands LOL!, that's why some of the detail shots are a bit "fuzzy", I'm hoping to get some better shots of all of them & update all the albums on the individual rifles in the near future along w/very large updates on the accessories & parts sections, I just got "antsy" & had to throw together a quick set of pics of all of them together.653, 733, geez, you guys are dangerous, but I do have a "few" parts left over from the "accumulating" stage hmmmmm. RE: the XM177E2, it's not an SBR, 45Bravo did the barrel, it's a 16" Colt SP1 carbine barrel, think it's cut to 12.75"? & the moderator is permanently attached for the legal 16", whatever 45Bravo's "formula" is for these LOL!, I didn't think there was much of a difference in appearance for the difference so decided to go that route in lieu of the SBR'ing that one, the 607 is a different matter though (for me anyway), how short it is is kinda what makes it a 607, sort of like an AKS74U "Krinkov", my AKS74U & the 607 when done should make an interesting pic together!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top