Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2012 5:50:45 PM EDT
Cool or a Fool to pick this up? I thought it was cool it uses the bayo lug.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda cool.I came across one last fall,same idea but slightly different around the bayo pommel area.It was  marked RIA on it.Pics to follow in a bit.I poked around to find info and they appear to be a commercial item offered by RIA and maybe others for civy sales.Looked it over,went outside to call a couple of members to try to ID it,,went back inside and another guy was handing over the money for it New owner was kind enough to let my Son take pics... Pics below,,shows there was a bushing and this pod would swivel.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks a little like mine. Little different on the yoke, but similar. Never seen another one till now. Cool!

I use mine for fun shooting up north in the woods.

Anyone else seen these before? Are they traceable to the same producer? I always figured it to be a custom garage job. Welds are kinda sloppy, but the repark looks like arsenal quality.

ETA: Rob, does the one you pictured have an E3 yoke with adapter? Kinda like that. What was the seller asking?

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks a little like mine. Little different on the yoke, but similar. Never seen another one till now. Cool!

I use mine for fun shooting up north in the woods.

Anyone else seen these before? Are they traceable to the same producer? I always figured it to be a custom garage job. Welds are kinda sloppy, but the repark looks like arsenal quality.

ETA: Rob, does the one you pictured have an E3 yoke with adapter? Kinda like that. What was the seller asking?

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae355/4mulaoneguy/66191e0a.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae355/4mulaoneguy/c84ab55b.jpg
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae355/4mulaoneguy/322ae930.jpg

Honestly,I don't remember except to say it was well made,well enough that I went out to call members to try to ID it. Guy was asking $100,I offered $75 but seller declined before I went to make calls.Came back in and the "new" owner got it for $75.

Link Posted: 6/15/2012 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Definitely COOL, not fool.  I need something like this...  
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Definitely COOL, not fool.  I need something like this...  

Link Posted: 6/15/2012 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#7]
7793010 is the military part number and SAK (made standard and NM M14 barrels as well as replacement M16 and M60 barrels) was the manufacturer on Mr M1A's bipod for the M14. The attachment point just copies that of the M14 bayonet. The last one of these I bought 2-3 years ago brought over $100. The RIA, I believe was aftermarket and not used by the military.
Link Posted: 6/15/2012 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd say cool if you want a bipod.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top