Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2013 8:33:28 PM EDT
Does anyone have photos or information that they could share about the guts of the suppressed upper
on the Colt RO635 ?  What's under the hood ?  I have been trying to track one down, but from what I understand,
there are none for sale anywhere and long out of production.  This upper is unobtanium.  This is the retro cool upper
with the KAC suppressed / Colt barrel.  Since I can't find a real one for sale, maybe I could build a replica and put it
on a registered SBR ??   Thanks much for any info !

Edited to fix the model designation in the thread title
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I think member UXB has a friend that has one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about a suppressed replica, but I reckon an unsuppressed replica would not be too hard to replicate with a couple modifications to a "National Match" style FF tube.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
653 in thread title got my hopes up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya, this is a 636, not a 653.  

Internals are the same as any of the Colt 9mm SMGs.

Edit: Derp, you wanted info on the suppressor, not the gun.  No clue.  Built by KAC, I think that's the extent of my knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Somebody, forgetting who, made a clone of this
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#7]
UXB has an upper, can't recall if it's original (and suppressed) or not.
Edit: I'm fairly sure it was a repro he built, but I'm still not sure if it's suppressed or not
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoever designed that needs to have their momma slapped in the mouth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whoever designed that needs to have their momma slapped in the mouth.
View Quote

why??

i think the one uxb has posted is his friends..i have a pic or 2 saved somewhere of one with the handguards off..
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Somebody, forgetting who, made a clone of this
View Quote

I seem to remember that AAC used to offer a clone of the RO636 upper.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Member burnsome posted this in a 9mm ar picture thread

Called the gemtech talon

Looks like it could be made to work with rifle length handgaurds. Then you would still have to figure out how to atach a FSB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The current version of the Talon is built with a freefloat handguard.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
The pic of  RO636 UXB posted is mine. It is a copy made by Fisher enterprise back in the mid "90's and not a true copy of the KAC version. The can is old school but very quite(sounds like a pellet rifle with 147g).
 It has a 13" ported and stepped barrel with 2 washers that makes 3 chambers in the tube, then packed with brillo pad. The tube is attached and supported by a custom barrel nut and a chopped front sight welded to the top of the tube. The tube is covered by a heavily modified set of A2 hand guards and held in place with a screw on end cap.

" />

" />

I always wanted a KAC but could not afford one, although not 100% correct this one was close enough for what I have in it.
It's ugly, heavy but is one of the most fun to shoot I own and is always a crowd pleaser.

Whoopie
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I shouldn’t have looked at this thread
Now I want to build a 9mm
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The pic of  RO636 UXB posted is mine. It is a copy made by Fisher enterprise back in the mid "90's and not a true copy of the KAC version. The can is old school but very quite(sounds like a pellet rifle with 147g).
 It has a 13" ported and stepped barrel with 2 washers that makes 3 chambers in the tube, then packed with brillo pad. The tube is attached and supported by a custom barrel nut and a chopped front sight welded to the top of the tube. The tube is covered by a heavily modified set of A2 hand guards and held in place with a screw on end cap.

http://<a href=http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa131/whoopiewagon/ro636/210001.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa131/whoopiewagon/ro636/210003.jpg</a>" />

I always wanted a KAC but could not afford one, although not 100% correct this one was close enough for what I have in it.
It's ugly, heavy but is one of the most fun to shoot I own and is always a crowd pleaser.

Whoopie
View Quote

this is the picture i have saved...
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top