Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2015 1:01:41 AM EDT
I am planning a C7A2 build next year and will use an Armalite green handguard but I am unable to locate a correct-looking C7A2 type collapsible stock. Does anyone know where to find one  ?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:12:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Great ! Thank you :-)
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There are some dealers in Canada that still have some of the real issue furniture sets.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#4]
my issued C7 was black
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently purchased the black plastic CAR stock from Tony's, the tab in the end plate was too short to catch the keyway in the receiver extension and the inside diameter was a bit larger than it should be. The recoil spring was also quite weak compared to other carbine springs I have. Other than those two issues everything else was good to go, the stock body is great.

So long as I am bitching about my order, I added a delta ring to my order, the damn thing was plastic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently purchased the black plastic CAR stock from Tony's, the tab in the end plate was too short to catch the keyway in the receiver extension and the inside diameter was a bit larger than it should be. The recoil spring was also quite weak compared to other carbine springs I have. Other than those two issues everything else was good to go, the stock body is great.

So long as I am bitching about my order, I added a delta ring to my order, the damn thing was plastic.
View Quote

That sucks to hear. For what it's worth you can call them an order just the stock body (it was like $25 when I did). That way you can get the other parts from places that are known to make good parts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]
That stock from Tony's looks great and is actually correct for the initial run of C7A2s.  Most came with the textured Diemaco stock in Canadian Average Green (official name for the colour) but I have come across some darker green Colt fiberlite stocks complete with Colt markings under the lever.  I guess they asked Colt to assist with some of the parts manufacture as they have been known to do over the years.  Likely the rarest Colt stock out there.

FYI not all rifles came with the ambi controls since they didn't have enough parts initially.  You'd have to ask the weapons techs to put ambi controls on your rifle if you were a lefty and didn't have them on your issued rifle.

Try and use an old CAR retaining ring for the buffer tube.  We still don't use the M4 one.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top