Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2016 9:51:09 AM EDT
Has anyone tried running one of these with the carrying handle
mount using a A2 or A1 upper? I'm looking at the triangle reticle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried one on a 723 style AR and didn't like it. The further out you mount the sight, the larger the reticle becomes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Trijicon version, sorry but I forget which model it is, and it's mounted with the goos neck carry handle mount on my 652 and I like it a lot.

The Teijicons used to be able to be had very reasonably on the EE
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Same as Banshee.  I've got a Trijicon on a gooseneck I've used on my 9mm a few times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the trijicon on my A2 pistol.   Was looking into the Mepro myself but the Trijicon is 1/2 the weight and about the same $

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the trijicon on my A2 pistol.   Was looking into the Mepro myself but the Trijicon is 1/2 the weight and about the same $

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine ended up on my M4 style AR since the gooseneck didn't work out.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Reflex on my DOE:

A bit ungainly, I admit, but there isn't much that isn't ungainly atop a DOE.  
The Reflex is eventually bound to end up on my SOPMOD clone, but that'll be a bit yet before that's ready for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#8]
That's the same one I have.

If you're looking for something that would work well on a 231 take a look at one of the ring sights that mounts in the carry handle groove.

Like here
http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_3_18/570826_Battery_free__budget_reflex_sight.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn double tap
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's the same one I have.

If you're looking for something that would work well on a 231 take a look at one of the ring sights that mounts in the carry handle groove.

Like here
http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_3_18/570826_Battery_free__budget_reflex_sight.html
View Quote

Yeah, I've got a couple of those, and will likely use one on my DOE when I pull the Reflex.  I need to do the fiber optic mod to them though.

Edit: Heated
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, they kind of suck stock and my PS90 had the stock white one on it and I hated it so badly it never went to the range and I ended up selling it.

Thanks for heating the link, I was on a tablet

I just noticed I said 231 as well! See what I get for posting late at night and in bed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
HA HA! I actually didn't even notice, because that ring sight is exactly what I've already got on my 231. . .
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a cheaper Meprolight?  I swear I remember a less expensive version.

Also, the links in the Ring sight thread seem to go to "item not found" - am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#14]
It's an old thread, so those links go to old ebay auctions that don't exist anymore.

I haven't seen any of the Ring Sights fro sale recently, but the pop up now and then.  Just have to keep your eyes peeled.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's mine , have the X reticle.  At 100 yds it pretty much covers the target but I sure didn't put it on there for bullseye competition.

When looking thru the irons, the X co-witnesses on the tip of the front sight post.  When peering thru the optic, the X is floating above the front sight.  Just make sure the post is in the general area under the X and squeeze the trigger.

Check the Mako site before a big 3 day holiday, usually 25-30% off.

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here's mine , have the X reticle.  At 100 yds it pretty much covers the target but I sure didn't put it on there for bullseye competition.

When looking thru the irons, the X co-witnesses on the tip of the front sight post.  When peering thru the optic, the X is floating above the front sight.  Just make sure the post is in the general area under the X and squeeze the trigger.

Check the Mako site before a big 3 day holiday, usually 25-30% off.

<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/user/kanaka1000/media/DSCN2502_zpsasmwgjtx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/kanaka1000/DSCN2502_zpsasmwgjtx.jpg</a>

View Quote

That is the exact setup that I'm wanting to do, how does it hold zero in the mount?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Hasn't moved since it as mounted, had to lean on the "thumbscrew lever" pretty hard to get it to be flush under the carry handle.  Really doubt it will move unless you run it over with a truck.
I'll try to get close up pics of the mount area.
Stay tuned....
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hasn't moved since it as mounted, had to lean on the "thumbscrew lever" pretty hard to get it to be flush under the carry handle.  Really doubt it will move unless you run it over with a truck.
I'll try to get close up pics of the mount area.
Stay tuned....
View Quote

Thanks that would great! This is the kind of kiss that I would like to put together.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes I have an IDF carbine m4/723 c7 upper with the m21 forward carry handle mount, triangle reticle. Mako has them 30% off 6pm-10pm today only. So it's $394 instead of $563.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#20]
All right, got the pics.  These were the toughest I've dealt with, camera wasn't happy with focusing and one is still blurred.  Anyway...

Side view of the locking system and a little of the mount in the top of the carry handle.

Looking up to the underside of the carrying handle.  The locking lever is the piece that isn't quite straight.

This is the lever peeping out a bit.  It took a lot of pressure to get it that far in so it isn't going to loosen unless ya hammer it.

The blurred pic.  This is how it mounts into the top of the carry handle, snug fit.

Ya'll just keep in mind, this is a receiver that rumor control says is a DPMS so if you have something else, results may vary.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics hopefully at one point I can find a C7 type
receiver that isn't going for an arm and a leg if not I'll get an A2.
Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top