BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess @brownells agrees that a different lower would make the BRN-180 upper better.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I like both NDS and BRN offerings
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say it but I just am too tired of another off shoot of the AR15 this is why I got into other 5.56 guns the market has been carpet bombed saturated with AR15 stuff.  I have to say I liked getting back to retro because it was different but its still an AR15 if companies would make an AR180 C now would be a seller for sure non banned replica.  I remember a few years back people saying retro a passing fad no companies are gonna tool up but they did because that's what people want hell if someone would make a Stoner clone I would be all over it missed the boat on the M96 .  Anyway people do want the AR180 copy look at MACs video on it and a few others have come out with the Ar180 vids as well make it we will buy it!
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess @brownells agrees that a different lower would make the BRN-180 upper better.

http://ar180s.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/BRN-180-Lower.jpg

Thoughts?
View Quote
They should've just paid for yours, that thing is hideous.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed. The brownells one looks nice but I like the NDS1815 one I got better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
the billet style lower they introduced is better looking but nice to have some options for lowers that don't need a buffer tube.

The more important thing is that Brownells is selling a retro AR180 stock using a Sig-sourced folding 1913 knuckle.  I sent their OEM partner the stock from a Sterling AR180 I have in maybe Oct/Nov and they 3D modeled it from that. They still have my stock and will be sending it back to me with one of the new versions out of the first batch.

I promised not to say anything but now that it's on the wall at SHOT, here are some pics from the show:

and the new Retro lower with a brace on it:

here's a pic of the "forged" style lower meant for a modern AR180 build using the BRN180 uppers (I think it's made by Aero based on the features shown on Brownells webpage)

Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the billet style lower they introduced is better looking but nice to have some options for lowers that don't need a buffer tube.

The more important thing is that Brownells is selling a retro AR180 stock using a Sig-sourced folding 1913 knuckle.  I sent their OEM partner the stock from a Sterling AR180 I have in maybe Oct/Nov and they 3D modeled it from that. They still have my stock and will be sending it back to me with one of the new versions out of the first batch.

I promised not to say anything but now that it's on the wall at SHOT, here are some pics from the show:

https://i.imgur.com/BVDMwMGh.png

https://i.imgur.com/PaRsnlzh.png

https://i.imgur.com/36bpMOVh.png

and the new Retro lower with a brace on it:

https://i.imgur.com/QhuHRQ1h.png

here's a pic of the "forged" style lower meant for a modern AR180 build using the BRN180 uppers (I think it's made by Aero based on the features shown on Brownells webpage)

https://i.imgur.com/vehTJfOh.png
View Quote
While I do very much like the stock and parts of the receiver, the attachment and rear of the receiver area kills my interest in it. I do understand why they chose to go this way. It's just not to my taste.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
the buttpad itself?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Agreed. I heard they came out with their own that was different and was like damit until I saw it.

Quoted:

I agree about the hinge portion.

Maybe they will sell me the butt for my stock project.
You work with them on their retro series of ar's still right? Its worth asking if you have a better idea.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I dig that butt stock. Looks almost spot on.

I hope they sell it separately. I'll be first in line.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats on the lower, NDS makes great products.

I’m B. Catts friend that helps him at SAR West every year. I heard about this and thought it was really cool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Rick - they should be available separately as no plans to sell a complete rifle.  not sure when I'll get my original stock back but they are giving me one of the new stocks in exchange for lending them an original.  I have a Daewoo DR200 converted with a picatinny adapter from Stornwerkz too and I think it will work nicely on that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I read the thread and I don't think anyone has asked so I will.

When will B5 Systems make a AR-18 pistol girp?.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

While I do very much like the stock and parts of the receiver, the attachment and rear of the receiver area kills my interest in it. I do understand why they chose to go this way. It's just not to my taste.
View Quote
Same.  The NDS lower looks better to me.  Still awesome that they brought this to market.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Would someone just make the damn plain AR-180 except it takes unmodifed NATO magazines. No cheap polymer B crap, no modernized future crap with rails.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Would someone just make the damn plain AR-180 except it takes unmodifed NATO magazines. No cheap polymer B crap, no modernized future crap with rails.
View Quote
Would be nice wouldn't it? I was so excited when I heard Armalite was going to reintroduce the AR-180, SHOT came and passed with nothing. So that leaves me with building a BRN, I'd be content if i could use original type hand guards and front sight. I really dont care for the mlok front end on it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow. Brownells is off the charts with this stuff. It has to be possible to adapt that stock to an NDS18. I have an original AR-18 stock shell that I plannned to adapt to the NDS18 for my 180B. This looks like it my be the ticket. And a word on the B model, mine is a late production bayonet lug flash hider unit. Its been utterly reliable and the polymer lower has been rugged, thus far anyway. It wears an original AR-18 handguard also. Great little rifle as is however an all metal receiver is the way it was meant to be me thinks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have an image of this lower with a @BigRix grip?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been looking at the BRN-180 16" upper and the newer BRN-180 forged lower to do a build. Next week, I begin the journey. I will be ordering the 16" upper, BRN-180 forged lower, and a SIG SAUER Minimalist folding stock along with a CMMG LPK and an A1 style grip. I will be putting in a LaRue Tactical MBT-2S that I already have. I have yet to decide what BUISs and optic, but I will get that figured out in the next few weeks. I have read and seen a lot of good things about the BRN-180 uppers and I look forward to having my own.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top