Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2012 1:58:05 PM EDT
Anyone built one, I just did with a Spikes Melonited 16 inch Midlenght Barrel that i got from AIM. I got one C Products Magazine for it and it works good but I only put 20 rounds in it. I need to buy a couple of ASC Mags. What's every ones experience with these? Are they Jam o matics. I Moded all old black follower AR Mag and its good for about 20 rounds as well. Its also very clean shooting for Russian Surplus using the AA Piston Kit. I shot over 500 rounds today of green tin surplus and hardly and carbon on the bolt at all. Also no failures that aren't Mag related. Wish there was another Magazine option. The positive side is I could easily hit a steel target out to 400 meters with the surplus ammo and a T-1 Microdot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. I have the carbine length ( Want a middy real bad) and couldn't be more pleased. I have around 2000 rds through mine and not a single hiccup. It is a slight bit more rough than a DI, however it's a non issue given how quick and easy cleaning is. Cleaning my 74's were never this simple I'll tell you that. I use ASC magazines, never a problem with any. I have used C-Prod mags in the past and made me want to give up on 5.45 AR's. I'm not sure how they ever made it to the market past QC testing!

GET SOME ASC MAGS! I stocked up last year on 12. It's the only way to have fun with the 5.45.

ASC mags
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Huldra did a full 4000 round torture test, considering how cheap ammo is, seems mighty tempting to do a build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h6cSAnlzlE
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to buy a couple of ASC Mags.

My Hudra 5.45 (Adams System built for Huldra) runs flawlessly with the ASCs
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got some ASC Mags I figure the C Products Mags were made by Drunk Monkeys!
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
i have two of them, first had issues (one of the first ones made) but they made it right even though i had to eat shipping. the second was perfect out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
what are you guys doing for fore ends? I though the AAs didnt accept much.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
moe's work fine. they ran a special awhile back that included the moe.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what are you guys doing for fore ends? I though the AAs didnt accept much.

MI FF Gen II
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
There are quite a few options now for AA compatible handguards, and several that aren't listed.   Pretty much anything with it's own proprietary free float locking system won't work.  There isn't enough clearance for the op rod where it enters the receiver.   With some clearancing a lot of handguards will fit...if you want to spend a bit of time with a dremel.  I have several of the Samson Evolutions, and am very please with the cost/fit.  Adams uses these handguards and labels them as theirs...with a rather stiff premium.....I used Rainier and saved a good bit of change.    Here is a list from their website:

1.The Free Floating or Drop In rails available on our website
2.Samson Star-C
3.Samson Star-C- EX-P
4.Samson Star-M
5.Samson Star-M- EX-P
6.Samson Star-R
7.Samson Star-4
8.Samson Star-4-DI
9.Samson Star-4-EX
10.Samson Star-DI
11.Samson Evolution Series 4 EX
12.Samson Evolution Series 7
13.Samson Evolution Series 7 EX
14.Samson Evolution Series 9
15.Samson Evolution Series 9 EX
16.Samson Evolution Series 12.37
17.Daniel Defense Standard Length Omega Rails
18.Daniel Defense Standard Length Lite Rails
19.Daniel Defense Standard Length Omega X Rails
20.Daniel Defense 9.5 FSP Lite
21.Daniel Defense 12.5 FSPM Lite
22.Daniel Defense EZ Car 7.0
23.Ergo Grip AR Z Float
24.Ergo Grip AR Z Rail
25.Midwest Industries Gas Piston Two Piece Free Float Forearm
26.Arms #50 Bi-Level S.I.R. System
27.Magpul MOE handguards (most recent version cut to accept gas pistons)
28.Troy Industries Drop In Carbine (Mid length and Rifle length require removal of handguard tension screw and arm)
29.Troy Industries TRX Battlerail Extreme 9" and 7.2"
30.PRI Gen III Delta Carbon Fiber Forearm
31.Newtown Firearms Modular Free Floating Carbine Rail
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is my M&P Piston (Adams Arms designed) with the Samson Evo 7 + 4" Extension.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top