Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2014 8:28:15 PM EDT
Sweet 8 pound 6 ounce infant Jesus don't even know a word, thank you for answering our prayers.

"Yes" it's a REAL upper
"Yes" you can own one
"Yes" it's below $2k
"No" it's not vaporware

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
and...
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Umm... Care to elaborate a bit? What are we looking at?
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]
HK MR556 SBR lower with a 10.4" 416 upper? Aka a 10k rifle?
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes a 416 upper, but not a 416 upper you "Can't" buy because HK "Hates you". From what I understand, this one will be shipping in 10.5", 14.5", 16.5", & 18" at considerably less than HK
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 3:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]
It's an AR-15....
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 4:25:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay so this isn't a Titan Defense / Cohaire clone, right???? or some other new to the block US based manufacturer that will soon vanish because of lawsuits from HK? Or am I just not really in the know of HK USA bringing these to the market? and if you got as much detail as you shared do you know if this is still an I HATE U won't work on a select fire lower due to a semi auto BCG and not having the rear sear relief cut out at the rear of the upper receiver? Sorry I just wanna at least be as hype as you are, then again LWRC has shown so much "FRESH" toys at this years SHOT that HK interest may now be passed me........ok maybe not.....not sure now or just yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I will leave the announcing of the specifics to the distributor. But what I can tell you is that:
1. It will go full auto.
2. It will plug and play with 416 parts
3. The company is not "fly by night"
4. Different barrel lengths will be made available
5. HK can't sue
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#9]
K...so you got this far, how about giving us an ETA on when we can see it for sale or pre-order, or more pics, etc?
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The distributor, who I believe is an arfdotcom sponsor will be making the announcement. From what I understand these will be produced via JIT Manufacturing to keep costs down.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#11]
In that case, it is now time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In that case, it is now time.
View Quote

Like I said, that's their decision to announce pre-order. But I can say it will be less than an MR556A1 upper and will plug and play with all the german parts.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag for the distributor name and ETA
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#14]
8 1/2 lb. SBR..........  Pass.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Sayeth the fat man whilst perched precariously in front of his computer late at night, his rolls spilling over and not a female in sight"

Anyway.. now that the peanut gallery has given their input, we can all move on.

Yes, it is heavier than say a MK-18, but it's considerable more reliable and accurate which is what matters when you actually "do the do" and replaced the MK-18 for those in units that do

However, this may be to heavy and manly for the likes of some whose physique is akin to a modern art jello mold and place more value on the reliability of their "hover round scooter" to transport them to and from the buffet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"Sayeth the fat man whilst perched precariously in front of his computer late at night, his rolls spilling over and not a female in sight"

Yes, it is heavier than say a MK-18, but it's considerable more reliable and accurate which is what matters when you actually "do the do" and replaced the MK-18 for those in units that do

However, this may be to heavy and manly for the likes of some whose physique is akin to a modern art jello mold and place more value on the reliability of their "hover round scooter" to transport them to and from the buffet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Are you a wookie?

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are you a wookie?

That's the dog trying to get in the pic lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you a wookie?

That's the dog trying to get in the pic lol

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Sold as complete guns or will uppers be available also?
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome, if the Michigan SBR bill passes this will definitely be one of my first SBRs.

But for the weight it seems quite a bit heavier than the actual HK416, is it because of different materials?
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awesome, if the Michigan SBR bill passes this will definitely be one of my first SBRs.

But for the weight it seems quite a bit heavier than the actual HK416, is it because of different materials?
View Quote

I didn't even post the weight soooo I don't know how you're extrapolating that assumption.

Ohhh you must be quoting what the fat man (dogpile556) said
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I didn't even post the weight soooo I don't know how you're extrapolating that assumption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, I thought the whole 8 pound 6 oz thing was about the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sold as complete guns or will uppers be available also?
View Quote

From what I understand, 10.5" uppers coming next month and then complete rifles this summer
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the complete rifle in 10.5" configuration would come in around 7 pounds give or take a few ounces depending on hand guard, butt stock, BUIS, and grip configurations. So, when loaded, you're looking at about 8 pounds and change.

So, about a pound heavier than the MK-18. But remember, the MK-18 is a DI gun and this like the 416 is piston driven
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#27]
My bad, I thought the rifle actually weighed that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your interest in my well being, I'm working on it. Your wife and mom just left, we are all pretty tired.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks for your interest in my well being, I'm working on it. Your wife and mom just left, we are all pretty tired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit guys this is a tech forum. Save that garbage for GD.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#30]
My apologies, it was late.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My apologies, it was late.
View Quote

PFFFTTT if my wife an mom wore you out, my sister would kill you!

HIYOOOO!!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry... I couldn't resist
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#33]
It's all good! I completely misread your original post, then went full retard. Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#34]
And yet another rip-off of HK.

Yay.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Meh sort of want.jpeg

Looks good, how does the price compare to the sig 516 10" upper? that is about $1100 and less depending on where you get it, and it has an adjustable gas valve. I have always wanted a 416 upper, love the look, but does it also have an adjustable gas valve?
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Patiently waiting for more info!
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#37]
MKE Mehmetcik-1 upper? Did they finally start to make them in house, instead of putting markings on rifles made by HK in Germany?
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#38]
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2008/11/07/the-turkish-hk416-mehmetcik-1/

?

meh
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 5:56:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I see nothing that makes me want this instead of my PWS option.

for those that do................................enjoy
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I talked to Josh from Titan several years ago. From what I was told, production had ceased due to some financial backers abandoning the project. Special Weapons LLC. was going to offer complete rifles soon thereafter, but that never happened. Certain replacement parts are still available. Those who did purchase a Titan had nothing but positive reports. Excited to see this new offering, but I would like more specific details such as barrel material, (Stainless, button, CHF, chrome, nitride) the various lengths, ETC.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#42]
If it was 2005 or so that'd be an awesome looking rifle!
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Two timeouts and a thread.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top