Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2014 4:05:04 PM EDT
Hi,

Building my first AR and had a couple quick questions....

If I use the Taccom 17" lightweight barrel, is there any reason I couldn't use a Diamondhead VRS-T foregrip?  (It's free floating... but uses its own barrel nut design... Not sure if it would work with the Taccom barrel..?)

Also, Is there any disadvantage to using the Taccom barrel vs something like a standard CMG 16" barrel?

Appreciate the input!
--Joe
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If it helps any, I easily put a skinny ass Noveske NSR (with proprietary barrel nut) over my Taccom 17" ULW barrel.

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, looks like the foregrip I like should work fine then, thanks!

Nice gun btw, love the look of those Mega upper/lowers...  How do you like that barrel compared to others you've used?  Seems like a great barrel for the price...

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool, looks like the foregrip I like should work fine then, thanks!

Nice gun btw, love the look of those Mega upper/lowers...  How do you like that barrel compared to others you've used?  Seems like a great barrel for the price...

Thanks again!

View Quote
It's a straight shooter for sure! 1" @ 50 yards. I had an issue with a burr at the crown and emailed Tim about it and he took good care of me. Taccom has great customer service. The only thing I would change about it is the muzzle end and the length. Since the barrel extension is longer on .22LRs, the 17" barrel sits shorter than a .223 16" barrel. I wish it was offered in a 16" length so that is would sit like a 14.5" .223 barrel. Also, I think it would be cool if the muzzle end were flat black instead of shiny aluminum. As a barrel though, it is phenomenal.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If it will work on a standard AR upper, it will work with the Taccom barrel.

The Taccom barrel is much lighter and has better accuracy for me.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:17:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I really like our Taccom Barrel alot..
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input/info everyone...   Ordered my Taccom barrel last night. :)  Can't wait to get the last few things I need to make this AR complete!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top