Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2012 1:11:38 PM EDT
I need some help IDing the following mags.  

1)

The top is a 20 round straight body but the bottom has a push pin which allows it to slide, to almost allow it to accept 25 or 30 rounds.  It has a DAE SUM on the floorplate.  I'm thinking South Korean, maybe DaeWoo

2)
30 round curved, looks identical to an AR 30 round mag only it takes a smaller bullet.  Has a Colt Part number 62665 on a stainless follower.  It's old but the welds and material are like the normal 30 round mag, it’s only smaller

3)
2 20 round 5.56 mags.  They look and feel and have the finish of the 20 round Rhinemetal G3 mags.  I'm thinking they are for an HK but an not having any luck.

Thanks in advance for any help with identifying the mags
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone with any ideas??
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone with any ideas??

Can't help ID them, but your links are bad if you click on the pictures trying to make them bigger.

Odd ducks you have there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
#3 does look very HK'ish. I'm just taking a stab in the dark but they may have something to do with 5.56 CETME's, or something from FMP maybe. Again, no real idea but its the best thing I could think of. Post those on HK pro, or in the HK area and you may get some results. As for the rest, good luck chief
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I didn't even think about the CETME's
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump!

Someone out there has to know
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#6]
WAG:

"2) 30 round curved, looks identical to an AR 30 round mag only it takes a smaller bullet. Has a Colt Part number 62665 on a stainless follower. It's old but the welds and material are like the normal 30 round mag, it’s only smaller"

Colt made a experimental PDW way back.  Fired a shortened 5.56 cartridge - maybe like a .221 Fireball.
I'll try to find more info on it.

Edit to add:  Colt MARS - firing a 5.56x30mm cartridge. Mini Assault Rifle System - from Black Rifle II, Bartocci, pg. 137-141:

YMMV

PS:  Where did you find these mags?  If they are what some have posted - very uncommon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:38:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, Thanks.  A friend of mine bought a few boxes of items from a Colt Collector and there were a tons of mags in with the parts and itmes.  The above mags were the only ones that I couldn't identify.  The collector is older and didn't remember where he had gotten them from so.  I don't know what my buddy is gonna do with them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Awesome, Thanks.  A friend of mine bought a few boxes of items from a Colt Collector and there were a tons of mags in with the parts and itmes.  The above mags were the only ones that I couldn't identify.  The collector is older and didn't remember where he had gotten them from so.  I don't know what my buddy is gonna do with them.

Oh my gosh!!  Someone is gonna have to build a Colt MARS if they get this Colt mag!  That's the Retro way - RBRD - Please make it stop!

Lets see - a lower forging, an upper forging, lots of machine time, tax stamp, umm, and then umm,,...............$$ $$$ $$$$  $$$$$ $$$$$$
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
#2 is a magazine for the Colt Lightweight Rifle/Submachine gun (IMP-221/GUU-4P) chambered in Remington .221 Fireball.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/902560.pdf

http://i.imgur.com/IXZe0.jpg

The Bushmaster "Armpistol", designed by Mack Gwinn in 1980s, followed this concept.

Still working on #1.  

Wow!  I stand corrected.  The Bushmaster still turns up occasionally - I think there's one for sale somewhere online with a problem with the trigger linkage.

Man - this is gonna be an even tougher build than I figured.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#12]
That's interesting,,,Great info, Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top