Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2008 5:36:52 AM EDT
I was hoping that I could save a few bucks by getting an MI ERS instead of the the others that are more expensive and I notice that there is some side-to-side movement in the flip-up sight that pivots on the hinge pin. Its not a lot but enough to the point where its not going to hold zero. Is this something that is common to just this sight or do all flip-up sights have some play in them? Or is perhaps the sight I got defective?

Thanks ...Sprags
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Sprags,
I have sold well over two dozen of the MI sets.  I have a set on one of my carbines.  As Troy mentioned they are spring loaded.
They don't shift in use.
I take them off and use them on different uppers when testing, and then back on mine.  I can still put a full mag into 6" at 300m with out any problem at all.
The MI sights are good to go.

Pete
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Just to let everyone know...including Troy...I had no intention of of cutting down the product. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Upon close examination after Troy's response I did a closer inspection and It still seems that the movement is still more than it should be. Not only does the flip up site slide back and forth on the hinge pin due to the clearance between the sight and the uprights the hinge pin goes through but it also seems to rock some as well. I understand that there has to be some clearance between the features on the part but I don't think there needs to be as much as there is on mine.

Troy...I did call and leave a message on your voice mail. I would like to talk to you more about it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I talked to Troy last Monday and I had a replacement on Wednesday. The replacement is much better. Thank you....Sprags
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Good to see MI stands behind their product. I have a MI front buis and it's my favorite.
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#7]
yeah I like MI alot myself they have very good cs and I went with the MI SPLP BUIS I just wanted somthing more low profile for under my TA31F but I love the BUIS. I take off my ACOG once in a while and use it just to keep up my skill with iron sights.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top