Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:45:12 PM EDT
ever mount the red dot forward of the acog, and on an angle mount, like the 3 gunners use? i have been doing some serious research over the last few days, on optic options. i keep going back to the acog with red dot, but i dont like the idea of a red dot on top of the acog. the only other place i would mount it would be forward. anyone do this? any pics? thanks    adam
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
second that request.  Concerned about the MRD being too high on top of the ACOG
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
red dot on top of the acog

Trijicon is putting out a set up just like this now...brb..let me find it.

Here...

I think the guys over @ MSTN can tell you how to get moving in the direction...
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you talking about the ECOS series?

http://www.cgwgun.com/Rifle-Scopes/Trijicon-ACOG-ECOS-Riflescope__TA01ECOS.aspx

When using the red dot, cheek weld is NOT good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Something like this?  (Click on pic for more info.) I think Daniel Defense and some other makers have similar off-set red-dot mounts, but this thread/piece has plenty of neat pics:
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
let me specify, i do not want a red dot on TOP of the acog, but off to the side. i think the handguard mount might work, but i would have to mount it closer to the reciever.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Look into TNVC's MURM
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
How that tacticool guy even gets close to being able to see thru that ACOG is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]
In your original post, you didn't mention the intended purpose of your setup.  That will drive your setup.

Is your shooting going to be concentrated at 50y and beyond with an occasional contact distance shot? If yes, an ACOG with red dot back-up makes sense.

But if the majority of your shooting falls within contact distance and you'll see an occasional long shot, a 1-4X variable scope or RDS w/magnifier combo might work better for you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I just put a Burris FastFire Red-Dot Reflex Sight ( 4 MOA Dot Reticle) on a YHM 3 Slot Dovetail Angle Mount in front of a Trijicon  Acog 31F. I have not had a chance to shoot with it yet but the transition from scope to RD & back is extremely fast. I did not want red dot on TOP of the acog either because I do not want to have to stick my head up.  Clearance between the FastFire and Acog is close but it works.
Link Posted: 1/11/2009 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How that tacticool guy even gets close to being able to see thru that ACOG is beyond me.

He does quite well and so does a few others with that AVON M53 Respirator.

Is that "The Military Moron" Dude?

-Arbiter
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
let me specify, i do not want a red dot on TOP of the acog, but off to the side. i think the handguard mount might work, but i would have to mount it closer to the reciever.

Burkett offset
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top