Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:25:21 AM EDT
Ive been running a removable carry handle on my 20" KISS but am toying with the idea of an aimpoint from one of my 16"ers. Anybody got any pics of this setup?  What do you guys think??
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a M3 2MOA with Arms cantilever mount and Matech BUIS on my 20", it worked but not real accurate out at 200 yards but accurate enough to do 6 to 8" groups...My range is only 200 yards so not sure about greater distances.  There wasn't much difference between the M3 and the BUIS in my opinion.  I have a Trijicon TA31 on it now, I think I like it better but still has to prove itself, so far tighter groups at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do you need a pix?  You have the optic and the rifle, all you need to do is get up and put them together.  What others think should not matter if you like it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I ran a CompM2 on my 20" for a while and liked it, but moved to an ACOG as most of my shooting is done at 300-500 meters.  The Aimpoint, while workable, wasn't really suited for those ranges.  The CompM2 now resides on a 11.5" gun and is perfect for playing at closer ranges.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I ran a CompM2 on my 20" for a while and liked it, but moved to an ACOG as most of my shooting is done at 300-500 meters.  The Aimpoint, while workable, wasn't really suited for those ranges.  The CompM2 now resides on a 11.5" gun and is perfect for playing at closer ranges.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Beercules/IMG_1330.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Beercules/AR.jpg

+1
for a 20 in, I'd recommend something with a magnifier, either the 3x for the aimpoint, or something like an ACOG 31F or maybe a Leupold Mark AR. a 20" rifle isn't the best option for CQB so I would avoid putting any reflex sight on it. For about the same price as a magnifier, (about $350) you can have the Leopold and can show some love out to 400yrds!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an M16A2 clone with an aimpoint gooseneck mount on the carry handle, QRP without the spacer and an aimpoint 2moa C3.

Honestly its one of my most favorite setups.  I've got 4 AR's and if ever had to widdle my collection down to just two, I'd keep this one and my M4.  Its a fantastic handling and shooting setup.

The A2 irons are the toughest most bomb-proof out there (ok, well the A1 might be, but you get the idea).  I wanted a bomb-proof KISS rifle and this was the best route for me.

Light weight, very combat effective, and probably the most tough setup out there for optics and irons.  The aimpoint is up at the right height, just to the point where you can barely make out the irons.  The QRP can come off quick if I need Irons but I can always pop it back on and verify the zero according to the irons.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top