Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2013 5:13:53 PM EDT
Want to buy sights for a couple of AR15's. To start with I will buy a sight for each, and then add a 3x magnifier that can be used on either rifle.
I really like the reports and reviews I see on the Aimpoint Micro T-1, and especially like its light weight.
But Brownells inquiry response was "No, it will not work very well with a magnifier. It would be functional, but mixed reports on effectiveness."
Any thoughts or experiences?
My other choices include an Eotech, Aimpoint PRO, CompM3 or COMPM4S. all of these are very compatible with a magnifier, but much heavier.
Am leaning towards an Aimpoint and an Eotech, and seeing which my son and I prefer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Please explain...I obviously don't know what I am doing...

The T-1 and a 3X LER magnifier are a match made in heaven.

Edit:

Also works perfectly with an Eotech. I run them with XPS and EXPS models.

Link Posted: 1/29/2013 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I've read it varies by individual user...a LOT.  I've read some people love it, some people sell the setup real quick.   The good thing is you really won't take a loss.  Buy in EE and if you don't like the setup sell in EE for the same amount.  I see T1 and M4's and magnifiers in EE all the time.  Literally.

I was debating the same thing myself not 12 hours ago.  I liked the weight savings from the T1, but I really wanted an M4.  I found a good deal on a M4 in EE earlier, so that solved my dilemma.  

Now to find an Aimpoint magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the H1 micro with an aimpoint 3x mag in the LaRue mount.  The setup was great.  I only let it go because my astigmatism was causing me to see double dots on the micro.   You wont regret running the aimpoint
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hit it with LaRue mounts. It works very well

Link Posted: 1/29/2013 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It's probably great behind a 2moa T-1. My 4moa T-1 was too much dot though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#7]
2 moa dot is what I was figuring on.
Now that you all have helped me decide, I just need to scrape the funds together to make it happen.
Most places have the Aimpoint Micro H-1's and T-1's backordered anyway.  I'll start watching the EE listings also.
Plan to put it on a Rock River Arms Operator using the Larue mount.  It is already heavy enough, so the Micro T-1 weight (3.7 oz) will be nice.
Recently bought a Stag Arms Model 2 that I will most likely put a Eotech EXPS2--0 or EXPS3-0 on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I had it and hated it.  No astigmatism, but there was a slight bending of the dot shape when I added the magnifier.  Otherwise, the dot was crisp and clear.  I adjusted the screws to center the magnifier lens...no help.  I also have 20/15 eyesight in both eyes, so the 3X didn't really help me that much for the weight/bulk it added.  In my opinion, if you want magnification get a scope.  For other carbine uses out to 200yds, the Aimpoint by itself does the job.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 4:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the good info and pictures!  That is exactly what I needed to see.
Had posted this question up on another brand specific AR site, with no response.  Mentioned over there that I had received excellent info and pictures from another site.   Didn't figure it was appropriate to cut and past the info, or post up the link in that thread. Several members of that site PM'd me for the link to this thread.
Thanks Again!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top