Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:36:35 PM EDT
Polymer or Metal doesn't matter much.  I'd just not rather spend $100 if I don't have to (magpul). It's not going to be anything more than a woods gun, but I'd really prefer folding sights over fixed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,

I understand just a woods gun...but it is still a weapon.

As such my opinion is any little thing I can do to give me an advantage is worth it...even if there is very little chance to need this weapon

Now if you have a fsb then you only need the rear mbus...

Myself I run and stock mbus here at my place...I like spares...

An honestly do you want to buy some paintball sight that won't hold zero...

The mbus are gtg.

Ymmv
Bret
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 4:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheap and best, hmmmmmmmmmmm  don't really go together but!

ARMS Probably can get these for about $80.

I probably would just stick with the Magpul MBUS Gen 2s! $80

Link Posted: 2/10/2013 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Magpul MBUS, IMO.

Make sure you get the gen 2 and print off the user manual prior to install and zero. Look on Amazon and you can usually find a set for less than $80, not including shipping.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Plenty of Matech flip up BUIS's on the Equipment Exchange in the $40 for new/used.

Or Midwest Industries flip up BUIS for $85 shipped.. New take off.. Shoot me an IM if interested.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Magpul MBUS, IMO.

Make sure you get the gen 2 and print off the user manual prior to install and zero. Look on Amazon and you can usually find a set for less than $80, not including shipping.

I'll second and say again...mbus

I have lots of buis's but all but my sniper rifle has mbus on them...

Just curious...does anyone still have the gen 1's new yet...

I know about the knock off but I haven't seen a gen 1 in the wild for awhile now...

Bret
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's something to consider. it just dawned on me recently. You never want a adjustment knob on a optic that can be turned by hitting something on a hard use gun.
On something like a scope or Aimpoint the adjustment knobs should be covered with a cap. On a rear buis I am starting to like sights like the "TROY" because you need a bullet tip to adjust it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 4:11:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's something to consider. it just dawned on me recently. You never want a adjustment knob on a optic that can be turned by hitting something on a hard use gun.
On something like a scope or Aimpoint the adjustment knobs should be covered with a cap. On a rear buis I am starting to like sights like the "TROY" because you need a bullet tip to adjust it.

Your BUIS will be down 99% of the time. Are you really that worried about losing your zero on a folder read sight?

OP, as someone who has owned Troy, KAC, MBUS, etc. They all work fine. If cost is a real issue, find a set of used MBUS on the EE and you'll be fine.

Link Posted: 2/11/2013 4:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
MBUS
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top