Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2014 8:28:22 PM EDT
So I just got a new TA33. I was surprised to see that it has 3 screw mounting holes now and the ta60 does as well. I don't see any QR mounts out that take advantage of the extra holes. My previous 3x acog was fine in a Larue lt105 with one screw but it makes sense to use at least a couple if I have them. The pics of the adm ad-b2 have two holes but show only one being used. I would be worried the second might not line up. Hopefully someone here has some new knowledge of this.

Here is a link to ADM site showing the mount. If someone here has the adm ad-b2 and could measure the distance between holes I would appreciate it.
http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/14/photos/
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Mines the same way, I believe it was done so that all of the bobro monts will fit now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So are you using the bobro trijicon branded mount? Are you able to get more than one screw hole in?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a little confused by what is going on here. Are you saying you want to keep the thumb screw mount AND the AD-B2 mount? You don't keep BOTH. You simply take off the thumb screw mount, then the AD-B2 mount aligns with the holes on the acog and you simply torque the screws on. You don't mount the thumbscrew mount OVER the AD-B2.

Edit: Also if you look at image 11 on that page, they use 01 screw, not both.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course I am not trying to mount the thumbscrew to the ADM. My question is since the acog has three holes as does the new ta60 will the adm mount use two screws? Previously they had two holes for eye relief purposes I imagine. But it I can use two screws that would be best. I never had an issue with one screw on my Larue lt105 but the ta33 is bigger than my last acog. I am not sure why it is called mini.
I am hoping someone who has the adm ad-b2 can measure the distance between the screw holes so I can see if I can use two screws vs 1.

I am also looking at the GDI mount. It looks like it might take a few screws.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I just called ADM and they confirmed that the new AD-b2 will use two screws. They updated the spacing about 8 months ago.

Not sure about the Larue or GDI that have multiple screw holes. I think I am just gonna give the ADM a go.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top