Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2015 5:33:41 PM EDT
Have any of you had any experience with the Leopold Prismatic optic?  I like that it's a true 1X and that its reticle is etched, making it visible with or without the electrics working.  If you've had experience with it do you know if it'll work with any of the magnifiers available (EOtech, Aimpoint, etc.)?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have any of you had any experience with the Leopold Prismatic optic?  I like that it's a true 1X and that its reticle is etched, making it visible with or without the electrics working.  If you've had experience with it do you know if it'll work with any of the magnifiers available (EOtech, Aimpoint, etc.)?
View Quote

I have one and like it.  Never tried a magnifier but my buis works through it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was looking for a prismatic type scope with magnification I'd look at Primary Arms Prism 2.5X 4X or 5X or Vortex Spitefire 1X or 3X
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Leupold and the Vortex Spitfire 1X.   I think the Spitfire is a better sight for the money($300 vs. $500) and has more useful reticle illumination.   I have shot several matches with mine and have yet to turn on the illumination though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen them "melt" in extreme heat. They seem to disagree with 115 degree ambient temps.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen them "melt" in extreme heat. They seem to disagree with 115 degree ambient temps.
View Quote

WTF?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned the Prismatic and if you have severe astigmatism the Prismatic's the closest you'll get to a typical RDS, the adjustable ocular is a godsend. However, battery life is poor (250hrs at the lowest setting, my own tests) and while the etched reticle obviates the need for battery use during the daytime (or when using a taclight in lowlight conditions), like magnified optics the Prismatic does have parallax and eye relief to consider.
HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]
What is the MOA of the circle on that reticle?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Leuppy may have improved it recently but when I try one a while back, it's not a true 1x.

The Vortex 1x that I have is superior in every aspect except for the weight and size part.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Yeah, perhaps it's because they are mounted center bore?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top