Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2015 2:19:17 PM EDT
Anyone own one of these yet? I'm considering it as an an option for a slide mounted optic on a GLOCK.

I like the idea of the added BUIS integrated into the sight.

Anyone with an astigmatism that can comment on the triangle reticle?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Has it been released yet?  I've been eying this as a duty grade offset backup to a scope on an M4 type AR15.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has it been released yet?  I've been eying this as a duty grade offset backup to a scope on an M4 type AR15.
View Quote

Their newest price list has them listed along with the accessories, mounts and BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
They've been in the catalog for six months, but every time I've checked with Leupold they claim to be filling Mil and LE orders first and would not give me a retail release date.  Have they told you differently?  Does anyone actually have one in hand?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
They started full scale production in September. I had one in Jan 2014 low mounted on a Glock and I was very impressed with it. From what I hear I think it'll be the best pistol mounted optic available. As soon as I get the production version I'll be having Zev mount it on a Glock. The version I had was the dot model.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They started full scale production in September. I had one in Jan 2014 low mounted on a Glock and I was very impressed with it. From what I hear I think it'll be the best pistol mounted optic available. As soon as I get the production version I'll be having Zev mount it on a Glock. The version I had was the dot model.
View Quote

Was that a DP2 or a Pro?  Not the same.  They killed the DP2 after Jan 2014 before shipping retail to make it more duty grade as the Pro, if I recall.  I am very interested in the Pro, if I can ever get my hands on one in a store.  None anywhere yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Was that a DP2 or a Pro?  Not the same.  They killed the DP2 after Jan 2014 before shipping retail to make it more duty grade as the Pro, if I recall.  I am very interested in the Pro, if I can ever get my hands on one in a store.  None anywhere yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a DP Pro with the BUIS on a Glock 22 slide. It was a prototype straight from Leupold.

I don't believe any are out there commercially yet. They are filling a couple of government orders right now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my dot version of the Pro in on Friday.  Optics Planet is still showing a few in stock.  I think my adjustable rear sight for the Pro will be here Monday.  I am trying to decide who to have mill my 22 slide right now.  

I talked to a shop yesterday who said they have milled a slide for the Pro already but they do not leave indexing studs, they just mill it flat.  They say the indexing studs are not needed because they mill it so precisely to fit the sight but with the Pro with the adjustable rear sight installed there is no rear egde of the slide for the sight to index against, they cutout goes right of fthe rear of the slide.

I saw a photo of a slide milled by Zev Tech for the Pro where they left two short front indexing studs and they also have a pair of studs going up into the mounting screw holes.  This is similar to how Zev Tech milled slides for the original DeltaPoint.  They use smaller screws than the 4mm screws Leupold uses.  They leave two taller 4mm OD studs and thread them internally for smaller diameter screws.

I don't really like reducing the size of the screws since I thought one of the things Leupold did better than Trijicon was using larger scews but I don't want to go with an install with no indexing studs either.  I was going to call Zev Tech in the morning and see what their price would be for just the sight cut milling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Good to know they are starting to show up retail.  I want the 7.5 MOA triangle version for 45 degree offset secondary sight on a Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 scoped AR15.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good to know they are starting to show up retail.  I want the 7.5 MOA triangle version for 45 degree offset secondary sight on a Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 scoped AR15.
View Quote

I got one today and I'm in love. I had astigmatism before I had lasik 10 years ago and now I have mild corrective glasses again. The triangle shows up nice and clear for me under most like lighting. I say most, because I've only had it about an hour and a half. I'm planning on having my G19 milled for it. It came with mounting screws, a wrench, a battery, and a rubberized protective cover. The batter to top loading and easy to get to. I'll do a full review once I get it mounted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got one today and I'm in love. I had astigmatism before I had lasik 10 years ago and now I have mild corrective glasses again. The triangle shows up nice and clear for me under most like lighting. I say most, because I've only had it about an hour and a half. I'm planning on having my G19 milled for it. It came with mounting screws, a wrench, a battery, and a rubberized protective cover. The batter to top loading and easy to get to. I'll do a full review once I get it mounted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great news.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know how the battery life?
Is there a 1/3rd AR mount available?

I like the idea of these on my AR (though I may go with the MRO).
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got mine and initial impressions are that it has the same amount of blue tint as an AImpoint, the least edge distortion of any mini dot sight I have ever tried, and the largest window of any mini dot sight I have tried. It smokes the RMR and Dr Optic. Will see about battery life.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got my dot version of the Pro in on Friday.  Optics Planet is still showing a few in stock.  I think my adjustable rear sight for the Pro will be here Monday.  I am trying to decide who to have mill my 22 slide right now.  

I talked to a shop yesterday who said they have milled a slide for the Pro already but they do not leave indexing studs, they just mill it flat.  They say the indexing studs are not needed because they mill it so precisely to fit the sight but with the Pro with the adjustable rear sight installed there is no rear egde of the slide for the sight to index against, they cutout goes right of fthe rear of the slide.

I saw a photo of a slide milled by Zev Tech for the Pro where they left two short front indexing studs and they also have a pair of studs going up into the mounting screw holes.  This is similar to how Zev Tech milled slides for the original DeltaPoint.  They use smaller screws than the 4mm screws Leupold uses.  They leave two taller 4mm OD studs and thread them internally for smaller diameter screws.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOf4htd_01hqgaAD8v7tpczgH4GOyltKtPMU4KXLkBJc3cO1wmWA

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Zev-660x440.jpg

I don't really like reducing the size of the screws since I thought one of the things Leupold did better than Trijicon was using larger scews but I don't want to go with an install with no indexing studs either.  I was going to call Zev Tech in the morning and see what their price would be for just the sight cut milling.
View Quote

Any word on the milling?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
There are two other threads here that I know of with additional info.  I'm probably going to start a third when my DP Pro gets some range time this weekend.

As a teaser, here is my DP Pro in two different setups:

1.  Used as a primary up on the top of the upper receiver in an ADM AD-TR QD mount with Leupold riser.  This produces an absolute co-witness.  Minor modification of the Leupold riser was necessary to make it work with the AD-TR.

2.  Used as a secondary in 45 degree offset with a scope.

I do like this optic very much.  It has a good bit larger screen and field of view compared to most of the small reflex red dots.  It is motion activated, so it wakes up instantly when you pick up the rifle, making it ready 24/7/365 with no buttons to push, knobs to turn or other extra steps under stress.  It shuts off after being stationary for 5 minutes, then wakes up again when next picked up, returning to its same intensity setting.  Battery is top mounted so that it is easily replaced without having to remove the optic and risk loss of zero.  If battery life is like the motion activated Firedot on my Leupold VX-R scope, it should last for years.  I'm still using the original battery in the scope after three years.  It appears to be quite ruggedly constructed.  Only time will tell.

FWIW, I opted for the 7.5 MOA triangle for quick target acquisition.  The fine point at the top should make a good aiming point for shooting farther out.   Range report will follow in a new thread.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top