Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2016 8:40:53 AM EDT
For an AR, what will it work on besides the Leupold mounts?  It looks like the base is very similar to an RMR, will it mount to any RMR mount?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No.  Does not fit RMR base.  I'm using ADM's AD-TR and Leupold's riser to get to absolute cowitness height.

The AD-TR has the exactly correct locator pin pattern.

But, Leupold spazzed out on their riser.  It only has two diagonal locators, pins on top, holes on the bottom.  It needs the other two holes drilled on the bottom to capture the other two pins on tbe AD-TR.  It is stupid on Leupold's part.

You have two choices if you want to use that rider.  Either you can mill or grind off two diagonal posts on the AD-TR, or you can drill two shallow holes on the bottom of the Leupold riser.  I drilled the two holes.  It's easy.  Make them a bit larger than needed in case your measurements are a bit off.  The other two holes will precisely align the optic.

Others here are using the Leupold fixed Picatinny rail mount and riser together if they do not need QD.

At least one user here is using ADM's Picatinny mount.  I'm not sure of the model and height and what spacer is used.

it's still early and other mounting options will emerge.  Drilling a couple holes Leupold's riser and the AD-TR was my solution.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, thanks for the help.  Thought I had seen this info on here before but couldn't find it again.  Couple questions:  I'd guess if you drill the extra holes in the Leupold riser you could use it on a different QD mount for the RMR?  Also, do you get proper cowitness with the ADM and Leupold riser?

Would it be correct to say the locator pins for the RMR are the same as the DP Pro, but that the attachment points are different?

Need some more manufacturers to put out mounts for this bad boy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome, thanks for the help.  Thought I had seen this info on here before but couldn't find it again.  Couple questions:  I'd guess if you drill the extra holes in the Leupold riser you could use it on a different QD mount for the RMR?  Also, do you get proper cowitness with the ADM and Leupold riser?

Would it be correct to say the locator pins for the RMR are the same as the DP Pro, but that the attachment points are different?

View Quote

alternatively, ADM's SF qd base and leupolds cross slot mount will give co-witness.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

alternatively, ADM's SF qd base and leupolds cross slot mount will give co-witness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh, like attach the DP Pro to the Leupold mount, then mount the mount to the ADM mount?  It's definitely alternative, no drilling required at least.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Huh, like attach the DP Pro to the Leupold mount, then mount the mount to the ADM mount?  It's definitely alternative, no drilling required at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

It will look like this
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Correct.

It will look like this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

It will look like this

Huh, thanks!  Doesn't look as weird as it sounds.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

It will look like this

No, not at all. It doesn't cost any more than the stock leupold mount+riser and gives you QD in a small little package.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The AD-TR mount from ADM is NOT for RMR.  RMR has a different pin/base pattern.  Sorry.

But your theory is correct, just not in application.  If you drill the two holes in the riser, it will work with any mount from any manufacturer that is compatible with the DP Pro.   The pattern is actually for Trijicon MS04 RedDot to a Picatinny rail. Also fits JPoint Red Dot Optics, according to ADM's web site.

The use of the Leupold Cross-Slot mount together with the ADM Picatinny mount is a good alternative.  It's just that the cross-slot mount is so darned expensive for what you get and the AD-TR and Leupold riser is a less expensive alternative.

I wonder if there are any .440" high (height of the Leupold riser) made for JPoint?  If so, that would be a ready-made fix.  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top