Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2021 1:11:56 PM EDT
are they that good, what says ye for sub $500.00 scope, i know their heavy 35 oz...Update found this
FROM the web site..Arken Affiliate/Dealer...  The glass in the EP series is Japanese ED from a manufacturer that is well known.
The glass in the SH series is Chinese HD glass well thought of for its price point
anyone  own one , thoughts . their always out of stock..
what about the company , another vet owned lets build a scope group
anybody know anything about them . will they be in business in 2 years?   i was eyeballin the SH4 4-16X50 GEN2
thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is beware of scope companies with those YouTube cult followings. Swampfox and PA both have the same infomercial-esque reviews, but I’ve bought scopes from both companies and they’re never as mind blowing or game changing as the youtube shills claim. I’ve never owned an Arken so I can’t really comment on their quality, but don’t expect it to blow $500 scopes from more popular companies away
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
i kinda been eyeballin the bushnell nitro scopes, their are several for around 300
are they any good, anyone have used the nitro, or engage series
and the burris E1 peaks my intrest also.
heck even monstrum tctical has a budget scope.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an SH4 6-24 Gen II that I put on my 6mm ARC.  So far I've shot out to 1200 yards with no issues.  I like it well enough I just ordered another in 4-16.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at the range today with my buddy and his son, he has an Arken Sh4 4-24, a couple of viper pst2 5-25 we were looking through both scopes side by side today.   Honestly the viper is just a bit clearer but comparing them side by side i was amazed, the Arken being about a 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the viper.   I would love to see the EP4 next to the viper.  I would buy an Arken.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of their SH4 4-16x50 gen II scopes.  Compared side to side with my Vortex PST II 3-15x44, they are about 85% of Vortex in overall quality.  Clarity is almost the same.  FOV are similarly big for both.  But Vortex is definitely brighter.  And the fact that Vortex is able to achieve this using 44mm ojective vs 50mm, 30mm tube vs 34mm, a much lighter/smaller package, is GUARANTEED to be able to stand up to abuse/water than Arken, and 30mm mounts are MUCH cheaper/easier to obtain than 34mm, means Vortex is still my preferred scope.  Especially on a SHTF setup.  But for the price, there is nothing that can beat it for target/plinking fun.  Try one, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]
It's still Chicom garbage made in slave labor factories.  Doesn't matter how it is compares to US made stuff.  I won't buy it, but eat your heart out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i kinda been eyeballin the bushnell nitro scopes, their are several for around 300
are they any good, anyone have used the nitro, or engage series
and the burris E1 peaks my intrest also.
heck even monstrum tctical has a budget scope.
View Quote

I have a Nitro on a Ruger Precision 17HMR.  It is one of the better scopes I have seen in the price point.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's still Chicom garbage made in slave labor factories.  Doesn't matter how it is compares to US made stuff.  I won't buy it, but eat your heart out.
View Quote

name a scope mfg made in america , their is NO lense mfg in the usa and that was on leipolds web site
so assembled with chicom parts dont mean made in usa
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#11]
leupold website, under faq

WHERE DOES LEUPOLD GET ITS GLASS?
At this time, there are no American manufacturers that can supply enough high quality lenses to support our Golden Ring Optics production. Our lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers in our state-of -the-art optics labs. The glass is then procured from vendors who must meet stringent quality standards. Incoming parts are carefully inspected in our testing facility before they are accepted into the build process.

All major optics producers acquire some or all of their glass from the same sources as Leupold. Some of these sources are located domestically, some are European, and some are Asian. The source of the base material is not nearly as important as the optical design. Our glass is so much clearer due to our proprietary lens coatings, how we engineer the prescription of the lenses, and the construction of the optic itself.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I just received the Arken 6-24x50 scope. I haven't taken it out for a spin yet. For the price point, I am happy with it. You should check out Cyclop Joe you tube channel. That's what made me go out and buy one. Plus, the code for Veterans Day buy made it more attractive to go out and spend money.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a SH4 4-16 Gen 2. I think it’s an incredible value. The glass is superb. Well thought out functions and features such as reticle and zero stop. I think it’s every bit as good or better as the higher priced options from vortex, bushnell, USO, etc.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks for the replies, not sure if it still works but try
#GOBRANDON     save $100.00 off order
i was willing to give it a shot, just waiting for delivery, for a sub 500 dollar scope and some solid reviews
vs other big name scopes that cost 3 x more, why not.
 happy thanksgiving all
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
WOW ! I had so much fun at the range, after all is that not what it's for practice and relax outdoor's
her we go all i can say is the  Arkem sh-4 4-16x50 feels like a $1500 scope. awesome glass clarity,
amazing rugged tactical Precision turrets, might be a tad heavy for a hunting scope though
will rival some vortex and  others that cost twice as much
the company  you guys are amazing.
shooters  dont over look this scope for value
for what u  get you will be well pleased
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top