Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2009 5:46:55 PM EDT
I am building my first  AR and I am left handed. I will be adding the ambi safety and mad release to my gun. Can anyone send me photos of what it will look like.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Here you go, my Norgon Ambi-Catch on my Colt 6721 carbine also Stag Arms ambi selector (looks the same on the right side).

Norgon on my LMT carbine with LMT ambi selector.

Link Posted: 7/9/2009 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Does the ambi lever make it harder to manually lock the bolt back?
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally I wouldn't (didn't) bother with an ambi mag release on my ARs.  Just use your right hand thumb on the release & strip the mag.  Tac reloads are a little harder but I prefer to either strip the old mag, get the new one then reload or get the new one, strip/drop the old one, reload, pick up the old one if the opportunity presents itself.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does the ambi lever make it harder to manually lock the bolt back?

Which ambi lever, the mag catch or the selector?

If it's the Norgon Ambi-Catch mag catch no problems, same as any AR without an Ambi-Catch, even if the Ambi-Catch and the bolt catch button are close to each other the Ambi-Catch are harder to push than the bolt catch lower button.

If you missed and pushed both Ambi-Catch release and the bolt catch, the bolt catch will go in first and hold the bolt, it's the same without or with a fully loaded mag inserted.

Link Posted: 7/10/2009 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I received 2 of the Norgon ambi-mag releases today an installed them.  A simple drop-in installation and they work flawlessly.  No problem with the bolt-lock...
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
KAC version

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
definitely cheaper than the first one posted, it's $90 something on brownells
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top