Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2012 6:59:40 PM EDT
Not really wanting to ruin the factory stake job on my LMT end plate/castle nut.

How durable/reliable are the bolt-on sling adapters that slide over the castle nut?

It looks like you lose the 1st position on collapsible stocks but I normally keep it in 3rd/4th position anyway.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Very durable and reliable, and convenient to install, but as you note the downside is losing the ability to collapse the stock completely.

http://www.tacticallink.com/Z-360-Sling-Mount-GEN-2.html
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Have been using the Tactical Link Z-360 sling mount for a while now and like it pretty well. It is very strong and mounts solidly to the receiver extension without having to take off the castle nut. The 360 degree stainless swivel connector is great and makes side to side transitions very smooth when using my LaRue sling with the VTAC 2 to 1 conversion attachment in a single point configuration.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Very durable and reliable, and convenient to install, but as you note the downside is losing the ability to collapse the stock completely.

http://www.tacticallink.com/Z-360-Sling-Mount-GEN-2.html

Awesome.  I've been looking for something like for awhile now.

Link Posted: 8/8/2012 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#5]
i use the Midwest industries clamp in single point attachment on my issues m4 since modifying it is against the rules. i only had to shave about 1/16" of the front of the stock to regain the front position. very happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#6]
that mad hook up thing looks nice - do you make it? (I didn't see it on your website)

would it clamp on to a rifle buffer tube? (without the stock in place, obviously)
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Midwest Industries slip on Ambi QD swivel mount and have been very happy with it. You don't lose any stock positions with it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Got any more info?  I don't see it on your website.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i use the Midwest industries clamp in single point attachment on my issues m4 since modifying it is against the rules. i only had to shave about 1/16" of the front of the stock to regain the front position. very happy with it.

Which MI single point attachment do you use?  Is it with an MS3 sling?
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have and love the Tango Down PR-4..
Link Posted: 8/11/2012 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which MI single point attachment do you use?  Is it with an MS3 sling?

I use the BDS dual sling and a magpul RSA mounted right in front of my aimpoint for when I want to run a 2-point setup.

Link Posted: 8/11/2012 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I really think this product is THE best on the market for Mil folks because you retain position 1 on your buttstock, which is necessary when shooting with armor on.  Also, all you have to do is slide off the stock, slide this over, clamp it on, and your done.  BAM.

Link Posted: 8/11/2012 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mission Adapted Design (MAD) makes it, we carry the Hookup here, as well as Hook Up + Selector bundle here  

There may be an A2 version.  MAD is a dealer on ar15.com and has its forum in Industry section.  I'm not sure if it will clamp onto the rifle receiver extension, I don't think so though.

+1 on the MAD Hookup. I threw one on my department AR for a Costa class. 2000 rounds and no issues. It's currently sitting on my PredatAR with no issues. I also hate breaking the factory staking and prefer the bolt on options. I have used quite a few of the Midwest Industries offerings and still keep a QD version with my QD equipped slings.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top