BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I got my "good laser" from ebay. It's the one that DCS postewd about on page 1. I got it from the seller "aevea1976" and it came as promised. I did not get any instructions, but it came packaged in a simple box, already attached to the quick release base, with the battery installed. There are two allen wrenches (one for the adjustment heads and one for the mount).

It feels like a quality piece to me. O-rings are on the moving parts. Adjustment was relatively easy and took about 10 minutes, though most of that time was deciding what distance to do it at. I did have to loosen the main mount to turn the entire body a bit, as one of the allen bolts ended up in a position where I could not tighten it.

The beam is very bright and well formed, the pressure pad works nicely. There is no "constant on" switch of any kind, so the pressure pad is all you get. I have not shot with it yet, so hopefully it holds up. If it doesn't, I figure I have a nice quick release mount for a flashlight. (And seriously, why do the US companies charge such ridiculous prices for a basic QD mount for light? The two that I've got from ebay cost 1/4 and attach very nicely.)

Here's a pic (took in complete dark with a small LED light to get the highlight).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3121/2489629568_d2c1e60c19.jpg
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I also bought "good green Laser", Here's my review.

The mount is quite good, surprisingly its milspec. the housing and adjustments are also durable and effective. I had dropped it twice from about 3' to the concrete and it still worked fine. the laser itself is a really nice colored green that is easily visible in bright day light with a small diameter strong beam. This laser is bright but not overly so like some, it doesn't hurt my eyes in the dark. Now the one thing that could be really improvred upon is the pressure switch, it's cheap. I'm thinking of buying an aftermarket pressure pad. Anyone know where I can purchase one? All in all it seems to bee quite an improvement over previous models. It looks very cool on my FS2000.
For 80.00 deliverd, a nice buy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thinking of grabbing one of these "cheap ebay" ones as well.  Dumb question though.  I just ordered some MI handgaurds and won't have them in until next week.  When I get them in I assume mounting them to the MI's won't be an issue but where does the pressure switch mount to?  I am guessing I would have to by a vertical grip.  

If so, and i am not trying to derail the thread, can someone point me to a good thread on which one to buy?  This is going on a RRA entry tactical with the MI M#17 gaurds.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I do have the green laser from 1337 Tactical that is really close to the one from Ebay.
Be aware that there is different quality even if they look the same...

This one is really bright and you can actually light up a room with it. I also test (in camping from one side to the other side of the lake) the laser and you can see the beam for miles in the dark. You can also see the dot easily on day time.

On mine, i set it up on my AR and once it as been adjusted, I removed the front cap and put some "ZAP" silicone seal for windows inside of it. It does help to be shock proof and more water proof since the laser device is floating in king of silicon gel. If I need to readjust (or to change to another weapon) I only have to remove the Zip.

Link Posted: 5/19/2008 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Originally Posted By de8212:
where does the pressure switch mount to?  I am guessing I would have to by a vertical grip.  i think this is the most common arrangement. There are tons of vertical grips out there, I think it just depends on what you want to spend. The cheap ones are generally plastic and slide on to the rail from the end, and are about $20. The nice ones often have a quick release, are machined from metal and can be $80+
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Review update

Well I have 600 rounds downrange with no loss of zero and this laser has worked flawlessly. I have banged it around a bit in a couple competitions and it's solid. Combat proven? Hardly, competition proven, you bet. The battery life seems to be approx. 3 hrs. and the pressure pad is holding up nicely.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered a green laser from a US based eBay seller named jpb5571. It appears to be the same type as the "good" laser mentioned but without the quick connect mount.
I'll keep my fingers crossed until it gets here. UPS will bring it on Monday.
I'll put up pictures and a review after I mount and fire with it.

Did I just blow $60?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Judochop:
Review update

Well I have 600 rounds downrange with no loss of zero and this laser has worked flawlessly. I have banged it around a bit in a couple competitions and it's solid. Combat proven? Hardly, competition proven, you bet. The battery life seems to be approx. 3 hrs. and the pressure pad is holding up nicely.
i140.photobucket.com/albums/r22/judochoper/donttazeme1.jpg

Sorry if I missed this but exactly which one did you order and did you say it has a quick release or not?  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#10]
read previous posts
Link Posted: 6/10/2008 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered a laser on e-bay.  It was not one that was mentioned in the earlier posts.  I'll let y'all know how it goes.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2008 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got my eBay laser and it seems well built for a $60 unit. Its built by AIM Sports from China. After about 30 minutes I finally got a zero. But it would have been much longer if I hadnt had my Eotech. The adjusters under the front cap are tricky and then when the cap is reinstalled the laser point makes small circles so you have to stop the cap at a certain point to keep a zero.  The only thing I saw that I didnt like was where the cord for the pressure switch comes out is not attached to the cap well. I zip-tied the cord down so it wont move but it could be easily damaged if the wire moves around a bit. I fired 100 rounds through my AR15 and the lazer stayed on target so I'm happy with it for now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what you get for the $70 "good" laser on eBay

I'm selling mine on the EE. I need other parts more than this right now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
green laser is better than red laser because ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By BattletweeteR:
green laser is better than red laser because ?

better visibility in the daylight
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#17]
NCSTAR has a green laser with mount for around a hundred at mydealers shop.

The end cap has to be removed for adj,.

Extremely brite no problems
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#18]
How does one copy and paste on here?  I am still green as my laser, and the sorry pic I have of it!
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm thinking about getting one of the green Ebay lasers and mount it on my factory M4 handguards.  However it seems like most places want $20-25 for a 'mini' tactical rail to attach the laser mount.  Anybody found a place to get one cheaper?

Link Posted: 7/28/2008 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Originally Posted By Lightship:

Lasermax Green UNI-MAX

i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj180/LightshipHuron/DSC03571.jpg?t=1208031123

How do you like that LaserMax?
I was considering putting one on my S&W M&P9, but they are small and unobtrusive enough that I'd also consider one on my M4A3.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 12:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hazzmat_ar] [#22]
I got a question. Do you guys know if this is the same unit? It has a buy now price for 23$ Looks like the 60$ unit with the same mount.

link to Ebay

Doh, ITS the Jacked up shipping, psh  anyways its the same light i am guessing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 11:03:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OleWild] [#23]
I bought one of the "good" lasers off of Ebay from China. This one: CLICKIE

Ordered on a Sunday and it was at my house the following Thursday. Fast shipping.

So far it's better than I was expecting. The only problem is the tail cap - pressure pad set up. It's somewhat flimsy, and I would like to replace with click on/off tail cap or better tape switch set up.

Question: Does anyone know what click on/off tail caps or tape switch set up may fit this? I hate to waste money buying different caps and none work!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 1:42:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By DCS:

Originally Posted By Kyle984:
The 'good' units sure seem bulky, and 280 grams.  Are there any decent smaller options?

I looked for that too.

As the technology and market grows, I think china will put out some smaller options.

The original collar-adjustable design (that is being copied now) came from Steady Flying Enterprises.  Their store is www.tacticaljtech.com/.  Go to the English link, Flashlight page, scroll to bottom for lasers.  

Their collar-adjustable model is smaller and lighter, and available in red, green, or IR.  Over $350 bucks.  I don't know what happens if you buy an IR unit:  will it pass customs?

The add says 100% made in Taiwan, like they're proud of that shit.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PoopyPants603:
Originally Posted By DCS:
Originally Posted By Kyle984:
The 'good' units sure seem bulky, and 280 grams.  Are there any decent smaller options?

I looked for that too.

As the technology and market grows, I think china will put out some smaller options.

The original collar-adjustable design (that is being copied now) came from Steady Flying Enterprises.  Their store is www.tacticaljtech.com/.  Go to the English link, Flashlight page, scroll to bottom for lasers.  

Their collar-adjustable model is smaller and lighter, and available in red, green, or IR.  Over $350 bucks.  I don't know what happens if you buy an IR unit:  will it pass customs?

The add says 100% made in Taiwan, like they're proud of that shit.  

I would rather buy something from the Taiwanese (the real Chinese) than the Commie Chinese.
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 11:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JesseCJC] [#26]
so what exactly is the difference between 5Mw and 35Mw as far as visibility? Are we talking a huge difference in daytime visibility or just more consumption of batteries. I see some for 35 on other places that say they can't ship to the US, although some sites actually have them here though so I was wondering if it was worth the extra 75 bucks to get one of the 35Mw units.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Interesting. One thing I have always wondered with lasers, however, is how tactially useful they are. Wouldnt a green laser that pinpoints your position be a bad idea? Are most of you guys just buying these as novelty items?
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Domestique:
Interesting. One thing I have always wondered with lasers, however, is how tactially useful they are. Wouldnt a green laser that pinpoints your position be a bad idea? Are most of you guys just buying these as novelty items?

I bought one simply for novelty factor. Damn thing is bright as hell though, and appears to be fairly well built - with the exception of the pressure switch.

Does anyone know what push on/off flashlight tail caps will work on these? I've tried removing the pressure switch that came on the unit and installing a Fenix switch in the original tail cap, but I can't get it to work 100%, and Fenix tail caps will not screw on - too big.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#30]
you can buy the same if not better on ebay for 50 shipped. Within the states too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 8:50:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#31]
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MARSH1:
Originally Posted By WILSON:
How about a Cree LED light and Green laser combo unit?

Yes, yes, YES!  

Most of the low price lasers will dim in very cold weather. Is a low temperature laser worth a $40 - $50 premium?

Put it in an AN/PEQ-2 housing and I'll buy one!

Link Posted: 12/13/2008 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Domestique:

well, I got one for the cool factor and if someone happen to break into my house, i can just point and shoot. I don't think the aimpoint going to help me out because I will be pretty much off guard, so point and shoot is much more effective. as far as accuracy, for self-defense it going to be less than 15 ft, anything more than that I might be in jail or spend rest of my life in court. And as far as giving away my position, I am not in swat team, or not planing to kidnap anyone anytime soon =p
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JesseCJC:
you can buy the same if not better on ebay for 50 shipped. Within the states too.

All the $50 ones on ebay I tested do not have positive click elevation and windage and do not hold zero very well. The one in the thread mentioned above has positive glicks that hold zero even on a .308. If you look at the threads for the products I import you will find customers satisfied with the value of the product and service. They have a one year replacement warranty.

Edit to add; I am always looking for better products so If you have any suggestions let me know. I will be meeting with several Asia manufacturers at the SHOT show in January. How about a Cree LED light and Green laser combo unit?

Thanks
Marshall
Primary Arms, LLC

I am curious to the ones you tested out. I received one form aim sports that had the positive click adjustments and held zero just fine for the 300 rounds I used it with on my .223. Only reason I sold mine is because like all other 5mw green lasers I have come across, it was pretty much useless during mid day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 11:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#37]
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I am not trying to get in a pissing match with you either which is why I asked which brands you have tried since you stated that you tried several of the ebay products and claimed yours to be superior out of curiosity to see if I wanted another green laser, if I could just pick one up local since I am in Houston as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 7:07:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MARSH1] [#39]
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 6:07:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JesseCJC] [#40]
I can appreciate your enthusiasm for finding "higher quality CHICOM" parts but realistically it's like trying to be the Target in a Walmart world of optics. Forgive me if I am weary but you never really see many quality parts worth mentioning in this fashion, maybe I will just have to see to believe one day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I purchased one of Marsh1 green lasers.

This is one well made product.

It comes with a pressure switch, end cap, battery, and mount ring.

I have not tried it out on my AR yet but I can say it is visible in daylight for a short distance and you would not have any trouble picking it up within 10 yards.

I just took it outside to see how it performed in the dark. This thing is bright and the distance is more than you would ever need for a shot.

I would not hesitate to order again from Marshall.

I thought my unit was DOA and he was kind enough to ship another one to me immediately.

No waiting till mine was returned or RMA. He just shipped. No questions asked.

A little tip for anyone not familiar with these, the battery goes in with the neg. end toward the laser.

Don't ask me how I know!
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I might be interested in one
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#44]
JUDOCHOP which vendor and unit did you purchace from? the previous EBAY links are no longer valid ,thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#45]
I had a green laser I got off ebay for like $70 two years ago, and it was visible at 100yards at the outside range if it was not a bright sunny day (overcast).
In bright sun it was easily visible out to 25yards, but at 50yards I had to look hard to see it.

Any red lasers will not be that visible.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 3:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maxicon] [#46]
I've had good luck using lasers, red or green, at a distance with magnified scopes, as the laser dot is always in the scope's field of view, and is also magnified.  

Yes, I understand it's not a tactical application - I use mine for plinking and range shooting.  It's a great way to use the laser at longer ranges, though the offsets between the bore, laser, and scope all complicate the accuracy.  Still, for fun shooting, it adds a whole new level.

As for the whole quality/price issue, the problem with ebay and generic web vendors is that you never know who made their laser, whether it's the same one they were selling 2 months ago, and what the quality is until you get it.

Buying from a known vendor, with multiple known feedback, who stands behind their product, is the best way I've found to get decent quality Chinese gear.  I'm not a customer of Marsh1, but if I were buying an inexpensive green gun laser, I'd go with his stuff for those reasons, rather than save another $20 on an unknown ebay vendor.  That's one of the reasons I hang around here - to get group consensus on how to balance lower cost against risk.

YMMV, as always!

Link Posted: 11/28/2017 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Are you saying that cheap China lasers will really stand up to the recoil of real weapons fire?
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Question: Has anyone bought a PEQ15 replica, gutted it and attempted to build a fully functioning PEQ using PEQ parts with the eBay body?
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top