Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2010 5:17:50 PM EDT
I'm working on getting a PEQ-15 (I know all about restrictions, how to obtain legally, etc...)

My question is it possible to get the SU-223 light setup and dual pressure pads like these:

I know the IR laser in this is a PEQ-16a, but I'm wondering about the light and switch
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe an insight reseller would sell one?  I dunno, check with Vic at TNVC
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent a PM, but I'm seeing if anyone else knows about this setup. I'm saving up for the PEQ-15, then probably gonna try to get the light and switch, followed by the PVS-14 and associated paraphernalia. I'd get the PVS-14 first, but I want to get a jump on getting the laser, which is the hardest part to get of the setup.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I sent a PM, but I'm seeing if anyone else knows about this setup. I'm saving up for the PEQ-15, then probably gonna try to get the light and switch, followed by the PVS-14 and associated paraphernalia. I'd get the PVS-14 first, but I want to get a jump on getting the laser, which is the hardest part to get of the setup.

An IR laser is cool and all, don't get me wrong. The actual NV is much more usable in a wide variety of situations. I consider my PEQ-2A to be a nice thing to have, while my 14s are serious tools.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

An IR laser is cool and all, don't get me wrong. The actual NV is much more usable in a wide variety of situations. I consider my PEQ-2A to be a nice thing to have, while my 14s are serious tools.

Oh, I understand. I just know what I want, and the laser is the hardest part to get. I can easily get one as long as I have the cash. If I wait longer than I need to, I'll have to settle for a 2nd hand used unit. I can also get my hands on a PVS-14 in the mean time from work if I need one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Joe,

They are making the M3X-A23 kit now with a LED bezel that has 150 lumen out put and 120 minutes of run time, you are never out of focus and the bulb will not break, call Insight customer service and ask them who you can buy the M3X-A23 LED version kit and dual button wired remote from, they are not restricted in any way. As for the PEQ-15 good luck.

Pat
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I understand. I just know what I want, and the laser is the hardest part to get. I can easily get one as long as I have the cash. If I wait longer than I need to, I'll have to settle for a 2nd hand used unit. I can also get my hands on a PVS-14 in the mean time from work if I need one.

Ok, cool. I thought you had no access to NV at this time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I talked to Chip from TNVC he he recommended the Surefire Dual switch which attaches to a Surefire XT or XM cap and a PEQ-15 since I already have an x300, so I'd just need the tailcap for ~$70 and the switch for ~$105. The Insight dual switch is $234. The SU223 alone is a couple huindred bucks. Now... to get the cash for the PEQ-15
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I contacted Insight directly to buy a dual button tape switch- they were polite but were clear that they don't do direct sales to individuals.  They directed me to one of their distributors (ADS).  ADS said that because the switch is an ITAR controlled item, they don't sell to individuals.  Soo.. This item my not be "restricted" but I felt pretty restricted from buying one.. Maybe someone can share a success story of getting one with me because the straightforward approach didn't work.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you try TNVC? They sell them.

ETA: Looks like their mil/leo only too. Sounds like an insight thing. You have a military ID, or a buddy with a military ID? They might be able to get one for you. Since there aren't restrictions on them like with lasers there might be a way for you to get one without it being gray market.
http://tnvc.com/items/laser_systems/insight_dual_button_remote.html

As for ITAR, anything you buy firearms related is ITAR. Nightvision, lasers, Optics, firearms, stocks, pistrol grips, magazines, etc... ADS sounds like it's full of crap. ITAR is usually a cop-out for companies that don't want to sell to civilians without say such.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
one of these sold on m4carbine for $100 couple weeks ago..I was too late to grab it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Joe,
Give SKD a call and talk to Joe he should be able to square you away with getting the dual button wired remote. I am curious about the response that you got from Chip at TNVC as to why he said to avoid the SU-233? I have been using one for a few years and I have not had any problems and the new LED version is great. The only thing that should be ITAR restricted should be the PEQ-15.
Good Luck,
Pat
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Joe,
Give SKD a call and talk to Joe he should be able to square you away with getting the dual button wired remote.
Pat,

I stated above I'd be going with the SF dual remote switch when the time comes, as I already have an x300 on my carbine
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Call Insight, I brought mine for 125.00
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top